This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Nights - A dying breed

Unfortunately I've noticed a decline in the password night sessions. This is a sticky situatio because I want it to remain, but I also want to try and think of ways to improve the population of them. What are the peak times for the password nights?
    Also, can we brainstorm some ways to attract more attention to these sanctioned nights? It's my favorite server, and my favorite thing about PR because it attracts the better, team-oriented players. I was thinking that during the load screen it could say "Be sure to check out tacticalgamer.com to obtain the password for the locked server on Sunday/Thursday!" Or messages on the screen like when it says "XXX has 45 second to join a squad." Have that same message for Password Nights. I just checked and the server was 24/64 on Basrah 64.

What can we do?
    Last edited by rkgreen04; 06-15-2007, 01:39 AM.

"Live for something rather than die for nothing!" ~Patton

Re: Password Nights - A dying breed

Better than that. Just tell everyone you squad up with to go to TacticalGamer.com to say "hi!" Driving traffic off of the server and on to the forums is step 1 to getting more people in position to play password nights. Not enough people pay attention to the loading screen.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Yeah last nite there was a poor turnout. I'm in Ireland and stayed up till 3am playing and don t think the server was ever more than half full.

Might be an idea to post on the reality mod site and other general ones beforehand.

.......and until numbers are back maybe allow the password be given out over TS or in the ingame prose......

Just an idea until numbers are up.........

A normal thing is for players to come on TS and say they can t find the password...perhap give it a dedicated sticky.
      Gerardnm

Comment

If the password is too easy to obtain then we'll get lots of players joining the server who have no real idea what TG is about. I prefer a half filled server with excellent players than a full server with random pubbies.

Comment

I think what a majority of it is people doing things outside cause its like 30 degrees out lots now where i am (Canada) and i dont think everyone wants to be inside on a computer instead of going to the beach where their is babes
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I dont know, i always find that thursday night PW is less populated that the sunday, i havnt noticed any fall really. Also, it started late last night, there were people in TS wondering when it was gona start, but i dont think they waited around until it actually did!

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
              I think what a majority of it is people doing things outside cause its like 30 degrees out lots now where i am (Canada) and i dont think everyone wants to be inside on a computer instead of going to the beach where their is babes
              It's about 10-11 degrees in Ireland and they all have jumpers on....could u send some pics
              Gerardnm

Comment

Just wanted to say I had a lot of fun last night on password night. Thanks admins and players.

Comment

TG has the 0.6 server as well at the moment so your'll find that fills when the Password is on the main.

I noticed less numbers, also when the server was reset to take the password off
                  the server cycle started to replay the maps that had just been played.

Also i think there was some special event going on, hunted?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yeah, sorry for the late start. I logged on just in time to hear someone ask about the PW event. I restarted the server and helped populate it by staying. I had fun for about an hour and a half that I played. We had 16 players on each side for awhile there before I logged.

What needs to happen is people need to keep an eye out for the "tactical" players during the week and encourage them to show up for PW nights and to check out the forums. If each person took another under their wing and helped get them interested/hooked, there would be no need for any "half-full" issues.

Comment

i do like password nights. i play whenever im home, no matter what.
                      as somebody said already i prefer to play with half full of good players instead of full server with crazy people running around, especially lately i notice that 1 or 2 people every round they have to "break" the teamwork. not responding to medic or ammo commands, moving spawn cars, going to wrong flags.....
                      you can deal with this people, i don't think it is a big problem, but with password night at least you have 2 nights to play and have fun without babysit people who don't like teamwork.!
                      please don't change it.

Comment

Yes, there was a Hunted session on last night. I played on the password server for awhile, then got off to eat and got recruited to fill a slot on Hunted. After that I spent the rest of the night with the lady and didn't get back to the main.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

If only certain maps werent on for pw night! Pheonix SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN ROTATION AT ALL. It kills PW night.
                          Skud

Comment

Agreed^

"Live for something rather than die for nothing!" ~Patton

Comment

I like Pheonix but maybe river village should be added to flags that can be captured to start off with, usmc struggle to get a foothold as is the case with alot of these type of maps, usa red circle & attack the enemy flag maps

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X