This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL execution

I know that tking is in general against the rules, but is it ok for SLs to make executive decisions.

I started up an aircav sqd on quai river. I spent the entire pregame wait time explaining how the squad works. Sl flys lb and drops the squad as necessary, etc etc. Talked about kit load outs and everyones jobs.

As soon as the round starts I head out to the LB to find someone else in my sqd in as pilot, not responding to voice commands.

He attempts to take off immediately, flips over, explodes on a full humvee, killing the passengers in the humvee, on the choppers, and delaying our squad for 5 minutes, completely ruining the map opening which controls the tempo for the entire round.

Would it have been within the SL rights to pop the cheeky bastard before he caused all that trouble. I certainly wanted to, but I held off due to server rules about such things. It cost several people their lives, totally ruined our squads goal, and in the end we lost the round, no less.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: SL execution

While I completly understand TGs rules and regs I also feel for Switch. As a usual TG player I see this ALL THE TIME. I know that the answer is going to be "get an admin, or take a Screen shot." The problem is two fold and there really isnt a good answer. I dont run TS while playing. The reason is my comp runs BF 10 times better with out TS in the background. So while I understand reporting what I think everyone is missing is the fact that when a tard does start ruining things, I hnow have to take time out of my fun to alt tab out, load up TS and ask for a admin which during the day is usually never around. However, just TKing a guy seems to me will begin a downward spiral of the server. So again. Damed if you do, damed if you dont.

Comment

This would apply to other situations as well. IE...

SL:everyone, stay down and crawl, do not open fire, they don't know we're here.
      Noobzer: pew pew die tank, pew pew.
      SL: mr noobzer, meet m9.
      ----------
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

It has been said many times: teamkilling is not acceptable under any circumstances. Seems like you knew the answer to your question already Switch.

If a guy goes berserk confront him with the fact that he is breaking server rules. Remember his name and fire off a PM to an admin after you're done playing. You can also use the ingame chat to type "REPORTING: playername for not following orders".

Keep in mind that troublemakers that get away with their actions will be coming back and continue to cause headaches to your fellow TGers. By reporting these guys you can avoid such situations for all other players and nobody will ever again have to ask himself if popping a rule offender is a viable option.
        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

The problem with immeaditate TK is you can only justify it based on what transpires, not what you think is about to transpire. In this case, had you known that he was going to flip the chopper and take out a full humvee, then both from a realism standpoint and a game standpoint, a tk seems appropriate(rules aside). Thats a big hit for a team to take.

However, if he had flown the chopper without mishap, or just stole the chopter to go solo then his only offence was not following your orders. Thats more like ruining your game experience. (something which happens extremely frequently as of late) I doubt you'd get on this forum and say "I had to TK him because I told him I was going to be the pilot" or "because he stole our copter".

It sucks to be the good guys....

Comment

a tk seems appropriate
            An intentional TK is never appropriate on a TG server, PERIOD! It's a game yes but we play them with maturity and respect and an intentional TK is never either one of those. After the incident you do however have the right to kick this person from your squad and then continue with your manuevers
            sigpic

Comment

When he's in my squad along with 4 other people who are involved in the squad, he is ruining game play for 5 people. And is infact 'stealing our chopper' as he's under my command and disobeying orders. If he was in another squad all i can do is request his SL hand it over to us.

I understand the slippery slope of it though, people will start tking and claiming things like he took our vehic or hes not following orders... thats why i specify Sl privilege not general shootiness.

There's nothing immature about the situation mentioned above, and it certainly wouldnt be inappropriate. Kicking the person from my squad does nothing to resolve the situation. He's still hijacked the chopper. And now that he's out of my squad I have no right to order him otherwise.

Just like the out of bounds you will be shot --- if you're compromising my squad because you're ignoring direct orders, you will be shot.
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

You could always just kick him from your squad...
                | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                  When he's in my squad along with 4 other people who are involved in the squad, he is ruining game play for 5 people. And is infact 'stealing our chopper' as he's under my command and disobeying orders. If he was in another squad all i can do is request his SL hand it over to us.

I understand the slippery slope of it though, people will start tking and claiming things like he took our vehic or hes not following orders... thats why i specify Sl privilege not general shootiness.

There's nothing immature about the situation mentioned above, and it certainly wouldnt be inappropriate. Kicking the person from my squad does nothing to resolve the situation. He's still hijacked the chopper. And now that he's out of my squad I have no right to order him otherwise.

Just like the out of bounds you will be shot --- if you're compromising my squad because you're ignoring direct orders, you will be shot.
                  I didn't say anything about the situation, what I did say was the way you want to handle the situation is immature and against the TG Primer. It's a game Switch! That's all it is, it's a game. Ok he ruined your opening maneuver. If you kick him out of your squad and he continues his unruly actions, you contact an admin and tell them the situation. The admin then reviews the info and that person gets kicked or banned. That is the mature way to handle the situation. If you want to run a squad with the threat of a TK to your SM then you will find yourself banned from a TG server. I have no doubts about that. An intentional TK is not appropriate in any circumstance on a TG server. Ask any admin at TG and I believe they will tell you the same thing no matter what game it is.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well i think this thread has run its course. To sum it up, teamkilling is not allowed under any circumstances. If your squad member is not following orders, first try to get him on board and do what you say. If that fails, get an admin and report the player for insubordination.

Comment

Switch, you disappointed us by posting this:

Originally posted by Switch
                      ... if you're compromising my squad because you're ignoring direct orders, you will be shot.
                      after this:

Originally posted by Drizzid
                      An intentional TK is never appropriate on a TG server, PERIOD!
                      1) If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

2) Two wrongs dont make one right

This whole thread was a waste of time because by not reporting this player's name to admins, you let him play on server and ruin many other rounds for others.

But guess what? By chance (not that I received a report) I followed what happened from chats and that guy is banned from TG servers for not following SL orders + previous violation records.

Bottom line: BECOME active to make TG server a better place
                      Last edited by John CANavar; 06-17-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X