Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PR 0.606 BETA to be released this week (16th June)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR 0.606 BETA to be released this week (16th June)

Originally posted by PR Dev Team
    Thanks again for the assistance to sort out the issues with v0.6.

JUNE 16th UPDATE

We are looking to release a v0.606 client AND server update this week. A couple of the major things we need to test on a large scale are:
    - making kits render out at much longer ranges
    - some significant changes to the CMDR assets
    (both the objects as well as the game play elements)

Those are the major changes, the most critical one being around kit rendering distances. We want to try and make sure that doesn't kill performance.

We've listened to the feedback from folks on many issues and done our best to address them in what we anticipate being the last open beta build. There are a LOT of changes in the 0606 build based on community feedback - thanks!!!

At this stage I'd say the v0.6 general release schedule looks like:
    @ release 0606 this week
    + 1 week open beta testing
    + 1 week final building and testing
    =
    release

We're very close to releasing and really appreciate all the great input from folks that is enabling this to be one of the most robust Project Reality releases to date.

Thanks again!
    Link to Source

I know for sure that me, BigGaayAl, and BetterDeadThanRed will be getting this update. I hope the CO asset improvements make it so we can still have the great CO Assist squad that worked out great if only the non-TGers would listen (which the ones in our squad did). This means I get to spend the next couple of weeks flying around my new favorite map Kashan Desert. I also hope Bi Ming gets either removed or taken out of the TG server map rotation due to a CTD error. Hopefully the mysterious map included in the 0.605 server side update Project Reality Proving Grounds will be included. The map has every vehicle in PR with just a wide open area to practice on I believe, so I am going to practice there if it is included. Also, Quai River has a new flag called "Mine." It is located in the top right corner of the map and has one of those doors that needs to be blown up in order to get in the flag radius like the one on the Ghost Train flag "Tunnel." Basically, I want to see more TGers on the server than just me, Al, and Better, it gets pretty boring!

Can't wait until final release, Kashan Desert with all TGers is going to be awsome!
    sigpic

Re: PR 0.606 BETA to be released this week (16th June)

That would be cool to see the proving grounds map. If you're interested in one for .5 while we're still actively using it, I have a map that I was linked to from the PR forum that has all the aircraft and vehicles and lots of space (not nearly as much as a .6 map, but still, plenty) that I use for practice.

Also, whats this CTD error on bi ming? I've played it a bunch of times and never had any problems with it (perhaps the update will fix whatever it is anyway).

Comment

I think the Bi Ming problem is a shader problem. If when you connect to a server if Bi Ming is the first map to load you will CTD regardless of settngs issues. Apparently another map needs to load first in order to initialize the shaders (or something like that, I could be botching this).

Anyway, I too would like to see Bi Ming removed but for different reasons. I don't think night maps should be large scale battle maps. There a little to specialized for my taste.
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Count me in on getting this new version...

Had some great rounds this saturday night with Big, BetterDeadThanRed and Salad. Especially on Kashan Desert where we wiped off the enemy thanks to BetterDeadThanRed 's great air support.

I look forward to the final release and the first password night running this version.

I have no problem with Bi Ming, but maybe it should be left out till they fix the CTD on first load.
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Bi ming is a bit different then the others. It uses some special forces code for the night setting I believe. Seems it uses the xpack shaders.

I am terrified about this kit rendering though. The load PR is putting on my pc seems to increase a lot with every update. I think they are pushing it a bit. While I get decent frame-rates on most maps, certain city areas have me stuck at 16-15 fps, always. While all the stuff they do is cool, if this game gets any heavier, I will have to throw in the towel. I've already lowered my settings to the lowest possible, without causing ctd (terrain=medium) and without being pwned by people with a longer viewdistance (draw distance 100%, geometry medium).

I hope they control themselves and their uber-rigs. By the time I get a new pc, there will newer and better games out then PR.

Comment

I feel for you on the kit render issue Al, we'll have to see how that plays out. Hopefully it will not require too many more resources. I know there are a lot of settings tweaks in the next release to include re-working/reducing lightmaps and other resource hogs. Hopefully that will compensate or improve.
            LoyalGuard

Comment

I've been playing a fair bit of .60x the past few weeks, but never on the TG server - I've only ever seen one person at a time there. The populated ones I play on most often are igi and Swiss-something.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                I've been playing a fair bit of .60x the past few weeks, but never on the TG server - I've only ever seen one person at a time there. The populated ones I play on most often are igi and Swiss-something.
                A couple nights ago, we had about 50 on Kaashan.

:p you missed it!
                Skud

Comment

I'll head on now if anyone wants to do some beta also

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServ...A_v0.605c.html

can we get a simple 0.6 in the title if theres space ( I know it needs the specific ver too), I had trouble getting the server to appear in the ingame server list at all and this might explain its usual low counts
                  Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 06-18-2007, 05:46 PM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

My question is just how many are playing on TG .6 servers? Worth downloading and installing the Beta now?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                      Had some great rounds this saturday night with Big, BetterDeadThanRed and Salad. Especially on Kashan Desert where we wiped off the enemy thanks to BetterDeadThanRed 's great air support.
                      At your service. :)

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

The TG server isnt played much. Your'll usually be able to find a server somewhere thats half full but the gameplay is usually dire.

Lots of idiots, teamkilling and ucb attacks. 0.6 is good but the quality of play is awfull. Its for testing only and theres still bugs to report

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

You might want to get some server admin going in regions other than your own locality to prevent some problem players causing a dint in your reputation overall. In the realitymod.com forums there is a server admin area you can apply to get in where mature admin discuss things behind the scenes and especially discuss problem players and share Guid's where necessary.

There is some excitement in the team about some quite radical changes to one particular area in the gameplay, but thats hush hush.

Glad to see at least some people have some shovel guys to help build bunkers, firebases and sandbags. Everyone needs to know that firebases and bunkers provide a rally point upon completion for all the team to use and supplies ammo fast. The additional asset you can build (AAA) after building one of them is real helpful against aircraft where the pilots have memorised the maps and know how to shoot on fixed AAA before they know the plane is coming!

This should be the last OB build hopefully. Then we will see a stable full release out there and the v0.506 server owners switching over. Anyone playing v0.605 OB for long enough cannot possibly go back to v0.506 as it addresses some gameplay issues quite well (gone is the ever present noobtuber!)

I recently played in a clan match on v0.506 Al Basrah and the team we were up against went heavy on the noobtubing on both USMC and Insurgents sides. It became quite frustrating to drop the realism in the gameplay for CS style fighting.

Comment

There is the Devil's Brigade Server that is almost always 3/4 full. they are good people the DVB
                            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

yeah, before our TG server was up, all us TGers hopped onto the DVB server, thats where i first saw Al as CO building stuff
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X