No announcement yet.

WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!!

I'm a total n00b with BF2 and PRM so gonna have to spend some time learning the nuances of the game before I try PRM online but today I hopped on for a wee bit just to see how my connection was (was good pinging <90) and try to get an idea on how the game is played....and I was so impressed.

The first thing I heard was my squad leader actually LEADING the squad. He asked me to spawn as rocket meaning that's what the squad needed , and kept pointing out objectives and targets. I've never encountered this in BF2 (though in all honesty I've only played for a couple of weeks off and on).

Didn't stick around long as for me it was mass confusion trying to remember keys (need to config) and even what side I was on as when I joined , I certainly wasn't expecting such organization. Don't know who the squad leader was and am kicking myself for not finding out.

I've been searching for a game where team work was paramount , players communicated and the game was realistic and now I've finally found one!!

Going into "training" for a day or two to learn target identification , weapon performance etc. so next time I join I'll actually know what I'm doing and can participate as a functioning,contributing member of a squad and contribute to our inevitable victory . :D

Me thinks I'm a gonna LOVE it!!
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!!

Welcome to the game and the forums

Three basics to anyone new is imo,
    play as a medic so you can easily correct your mistakes (smoke before you revive), use the top right radar lots & dont fly helis on a full server till you have practised lots in pr specifically

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Hey Beer...were glad you made it to TG land. This is the best place on the net for mature cooperative gaming. TG hosts many other titles like COD2 Armed Assault and 2142 and the gameplay on those titles are equal to what you find on the PRM server...Of course it varies sometimes but look for a TG led squad and you generally can't go wrong.

I usually lead a "Grunt Sqd" at least once or twice a night and you'll also find me squadded up with my other in house squad members from the 1st MIP. Feel free to join up anytime. I can tell from your post you'll fit in just fine. As long as you don't mind following orders we don't care what level you are at in game. It's the style that counts.

Cheers mate.
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Great to see some more new faces. Fell free to jump into TG squads and you will learn fast. Make sure you go over the rules and SOPs, just to make sure you don't end up getting yourself kicked or banned.

Here's link to about everything you need to know: Here

Also, every Thursday and Sunday TG holds Password Reality Night. This is when we lock the server with a password that only people registered on the site can get to. This is a great night to learn a lot and get familiar with other TGers. When you are searching for the password just go through that same link and click on the Password event. (I bookmarked it)

Best of luck and welcome,
        Medic, Engineer, Squad Leader, Commander

Quote from the Tactical Gamer Primer:
        Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

LOL i was the same after my 1st game.

My advice is look before u run.........awfully easy to die in this mod, listen to SL and try stay close, forgive TK's unless blatant tardness.

Talk talk talk to squad mates

well just, remember whatever u need while playing just ask, people around here are willing to help, unless they have a rough night!! lol
            if you see any enemy rally points spot them as boats, it is the unwritten rule so everyone knows.

Wonderfull to hear Beer Hunter. Really nice to see new members apreaciating and enjoying the effort put in by most TG palyers into tactics.
              LOok forwed to seeing you around.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

"Go Fast" squad is always looking for our 4th, 5th, or 6th member

Join and Ill make sure you got an order.

Great to have you. welcome to the addiction.
                  Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
                  Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

We can always use more beer on this server.
                    My advice if you are just starting out: Go low and go slow...unlike BF2 vanilla, you have a lot of enemy's with good aim looking for easy targets that run out of cover without looking both ways.
                    You might try the Rifleman kit since it has a scope (and all squads need one.) You can use the rifleman ammo kits to resupply your field dressings as you are hit, so its next best thing to being a medic!

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed