Jabal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabal

On Jabal, would it be possible to introduce a rule that MEC cannot attack E & W beach UNTIL the USA has captured them or until it has captured either dam or bridge?

I think this would help especially on days when the US team isn't full of vets or super hot chopper pilots.

Just a gameplay suggestion
    Gerardnm

Re: Jabal

I hate when squads rush the beaches with H-AT as well in order to grab some easy blackhawk kills. It can put a strain on other squads requiring them to cap a few flags to 'catch up'. Without H-AT, I don't think I've ever seen a successful rush to the beach flags.

It is quite a shame that attacking 4 neutral flags ahead OK. Fortunately, I believe this is the only map where it's possible.

Comment

No it happens on ejod too and its probably possible on a few maps. Apart from rules Im not sure of an easy way to stop it being such an attractive tactic to use.
      I'd like to see more points/tickets being rewarded from sucessfull flag captures and defence, other kills should be incidental and relatively unrewarding.

The easiest way to get to the top of the scoreboard at the moment is long distance kills, distance and number of kills are more important then any other action in the game apparently. This is great encouragement for airplanes and helicopter and things like HAT sniping.

In theory points shouldnt matter I know but they do to many and people definetly care wether they win or lose a map.
      Points often ends up determining who the squad leader is, it does have a feedback effect imo

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I actually prefer the USMC to get a foot hold...makes their avenue of attack fairly predictable.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I always take a squad to west beach when im on mec. The US has choppers which are an enormous advantage on this map the moment they go past the beaches. Allowing them to use those things unharassed is a guaranteed loss.

I've held off beach landings for a very long time with a squad an NO HAT.

With HAT, however, it is nearly impossible to get a black hawk within my field of view and survive... that i'll admit. The LBs are also pretty targets, but a very good pilot who knows how to loop before landing or dive land will usually get his men on the ground successfully.

Its all about coordination. Since the MEC can only delay landing and not recapture (within the first 5 minutes, anyway) the US needs to hit the beach in force for a quick cap. stringing units in 2 or 3 at a time isn't going to cut it.

Inexperienced pilots who do the long slow landing are what cost the team beach landings.

The mec can only reach the beach at the same moment the US does IF they depart immediately in vans with no delay whatsoever. I’ve never succeeded in getting a whole squad to load up in a single van with a HAT on mec side without having other people jump in and muddle the plan. The US needs to get its choppers off the carrier the moment its possible and not wait for people to load up after the spin up time --- that costs a beach capture. The LB can get 6 men (or 30 even, if sl's play smart) on east beach before the mec can do much about it.

Also, choppers should land SL's on the mountain topss (for west beach) so rallies can be set in case of chopper destruction and for post capture, since spawning on an SL on west beach is worthless, climbing the mountain takes forever. There is a very high mountain east of east beach that provides a good look out for snipers and HAT to cover that landing aswell.

Additionally, the US needs to land smart --- SL's should hold spawns until they get on land, allowing one chopper to effectively 'carry' 15 units into battle.

If a HAT team is placed on the mountain overlooking bridge, enemy APCs will be destroyed very very quickly crippling the mec start and making it costly for them to attempt to hold beaches..

hmm, maybe i'll write up an uber strategy for that map, i very much like it as
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I'm not sure who my SL was, but we went straight for West Beach as MEC. It was brilliant. No HAT's, but it was intense. We got there just as they had dug in, and it was the most fun fighting I ever experienced on that map. Infact, that whole round was hard fought, and I really enjoyed it.

Anyway...I think its a viable target. To be honest, its hard for MEC to really blitz, and even if they do...if they dont have a HAT, its hard for them to repel it. While we repelled it for 5 mins, eventually we were just swarmed. Not after killing 2 or 3 landings though.
            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
              I'm not sure who my SL was, but we went straight for West Beach as MEC. It was brilliant. No HAT's, but it was intense. We got there just as they had dug in, and it was the most fun fighting I ever experienced on that map. Infact, that whole round was hard fought, and I really enjoyed it.

Anyway...I think its a viable target. To be honest, its hard for MEC to really blitz, and even if they do...if they dont have a HAT, its hard for them to repel it. While we repelled it for 5 mins, eventually we were just swarmed. Not after killing 2 or 3 landings though.
              I agree its a viable target....my reasoning is purely gameplay.

If Mec have to have either Dam or outpost before attacking beaches then it actually turns the round into proper fight rather than a waiting game for US sid's tickets to reach zero
              Gerardnm

Comment

I agree. This would be a little bit more favorable towards the USMC. Its pretty hard for them at the moment.

Comment

Could we do something like on Al Basrah 64p. Have East and West Beach uncappable after the US takes it.
                  |TG|XCliPsX
                  Medic, Engineer, Squad Leader, Commander

Quote from the Tactical Gamer Primer:
                  Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Comment

Heh, last night USMC won 265-0 or something like that. Anybody there for that? It was disturbing how badly MEC lost.
                    Skud

Comment

Yeah i played a bit last nite after the server came back up...teams seemed a bit lopsided...Insugenst won Helmand easy, US Phoenix easily, China won S Thunder very easily... there were loads of TG tags on the OPPOSITE team so i kinda was expecting to get owned but that didn't happen.....were some really good squads out there....and some excellent SL.
                      Gerardnm

Comment

Sometimes those tg tag people get caught up in playing tactical to the point where its really not helpful. Occasionally you just need to run from A to B and forget sneaky cover and coordinated movement.
                        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                        That noob who crashed the chopper.
                        That noob who ran over the mine.
                        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                          Sometimes those tg tag people get caught up in playing tactical to the point where its really not helpful. Occasionally you just need to run from A to B and forget sneaky cover and coordinated movement.
                          A-men

Comment

I dont think you should enforce rules like this.

If your a careful pilot, its easy to avoid this. If your a sloppy pilot, then your done for.

Better useage of the APCs on the USMC side will almost guarantee them a win on this map, too bad they are docked at the carrier most of the time. When I play as USMC, using the APCs is a killer advantage as MEC often cannot counter your APC and blackhawks at the sametime, enabling you to quickly take most of the map.

Comment

My biggest bug about this map is that dam mountain, give me a grappling hook:row__733:
                              I know some like this map for tactical play but give me kwai over this anyday

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X