Accused of hacking this evening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of hacking this evening

So the people over on the PR forums said this was the place to come for some mature, team based gameplay. So that's just what I did. I was able to play on your server for about an hour. In that hour I was accused of hacking and kicked from my squad then the server. The accusation supposedly came about because I was ordered into an APC and stayed put because I wasn't ordered otherwise.

Look, I came here to play a game. I came here to work as part of a team. I'm not sure what's going on with hackers your server, but I'm not one of them. This is what I can tell you about myself. I'm a near 29 year old Graphic Designer who works too damn much to be wasting my time outside of work hacking a videogame. For the past year I've been an officer, and running the website for an outfit in the game Planetside, The Praetorian Guard (praetorianguard.darkstargamers.com). For those of you that may have not played Planetside, it truely is one of the most indepth and tactical shooter out there. As an officer running outfit squads almost as much an RTS as a FPS. Unfortunately in the past months populations in that game have dropped off quite a bit so I went off looking for something new to play. Battlefield 1942 was my old stomping ground, I played with the 194th Gliders for 3 years. We were competitve in both CAL and TWL. The leader of that clan, my buddy Schetter is off broadcasting matches on tgbf.tv. From the day BF2 was released I hated it and thought that they flushed the series down the drain. I've been waiting for Forgotten Hope 2, hoping that it would sort of save Bf2, but who knows if we'll actually see that mod. I few weeks ago I saw that the new version of PR had been released and downloaded it. From my first match I found this is a great mod. It's pretty much everything I had hoped that BF2 would be.

..and that brings us to just about up to speed. So again, the posts on the PR forums said this was the place to come for a great game. Over the past few weeks I've only managed to play here once when the server wasn't full or passworded. When I got home from work I came to your forums and saw that all I needed to do was sign up and get a PW to play, so I did. I killed one person before my squad said I was hacking and booted me. Sure I was being a noob, but I did just start playing this game, and even in vanilla bf2 I'm not exactly a veteran(bf2s.com/player/74921259/), but I'm still a little puzzled over why I was singled out in a pretty full server.

I just wanted to make a post to try and set the record straight. I'd like to give this community a try. If I'm still under suspicion of hacking I'm willing to talk with whoever either in this thread, over email, or xfire (username: wwbjb).

Hoping to resolve this matter,
    Beau

Re: Accused of hacking this evening

Ive never heard of anyone accused of hacking in person and Ive never thought that of anyone myself (on the TG server). Were you particularly sucessfull?

The upside is you've signed up here and proved yourself more then just an average pub player just by doing that, so hopefully people will apologise for any misunderstanding

I hope you persevere :)

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Whenever being accused of hacking, you need to consider the source. If some random guy on the server says something like that to you, that does not represent what the TG community as a whole feels. Often inferior players with poor attitudes will throw up the 'hacking' accusation to compensate for their deficiencies.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Thank Beaubot. We appreciate your signing up on the forums and speaking out. We are looking into who is doing the hacking. Sorry you got named, but anyone new is likely to be accused because we know it's not an old-hand here.

Please stay awhile and read the forums and such. If you like mature teamwork, this is indeed the place. As for kicking you from your squad, that was the hacker, not your SL.

Comment

Tempus, he is speaking the truth. It was a TG member that pointed to him, due to him being new. We are currently on high alert as we've seen some strange activity on the server.

Comment

I'm sorry you were wrongly accused Beaubot.

Don't take it personally please. It's normal that people suspect someone they don't know, and we knew most of the people on the server. Also "bot" ....:) kind of a name a hacker might choose wouldn't you say. I'm sure of one thing though, hackers don't post posts like yours.

It's a pity players without TG-TS were left out after this due to a pathetic person's actions (if it was indeed a hacker). It's weird that this would happen on TG, on a niche-mod. I would guess it must be a personal grudge. There are other communities that yo can upset much much more by cheating; any of those who care about stats. Furthermore, on TG the cheater is bound to be identified sooner or later, because the PR community is quite small, and you get to know most name after a while.

Comment

PR is getting more popular and some people are just pathetic in how much effort they will apply to being an idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVweKgv6SzY

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                I'm sorry you were wrongly accused Beaubot.

Don't take it personally please. It's normal that people suspect someone they don't know, and we knew most of the people on the server.
                Diddo...

Beaubot, Don't judge the whole community on just one incident -- a bad night all round and everyone was on Dayglow Watermelon Alert.

Please come by again. If in Teamspeak ask to join a 1stMIP squad or any other squad with TG members in it. I suspect that you will be very welcomed and pleasantly surprised.

Please squad up with me any time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  Diddo...

Please come by again. If in Teamspeak ask to join a 1stMIP squad or any other squad with TG members in it. I suspect that you will be very welcomed and pleasantly surprised.

The same goes for me and any of the 6th!

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                  if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Were their problems after the server had been restarted for PW nite with hacking?..i left after the 1st or 2nd round
                    Gerardnm

Comment

We didn't have a single problem the rest of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                        PR is getting more popular and some people are just pathetic in how much effort they will apply to being an idiot

OMFG, now that 's a smacktard :).
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                          OMFG, now that 's a smacktard :).
                          The frustration one must feel to want to suffer the long spawntimes and kicks resulting from his behaviour. Never ceases to amaze me how much time cheaters seem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post

Haha, Devfile...

"Way to go D****e" is my friend [HTB]Ash.

Yeah, that guy's just an ass, I've seen him play alot. He does this all the time.

Thank god he'd just get the banhammer here.
                            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                              Diddo...

Beaubot, Don't judge the whole community on just one incident -- a bad night all round and everyone was on Dayglow Watermelon Alert.

^
                              ^
                              ^
                              ^
                              ^

what he said....look for me in game as well. Feel free to ask for a spot in any squad I'm running and we'll get you settled in properly. Sorry for the mixup on the misidentification.
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed