Big boy tactics...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big boy tactics...

I think I may be moving onto arma.... not abandoning PR all together, but my digi dl begins now and I think I'm up for a bigger challenge.

I hope all of you who have played with me on PR follow!!! Only thing better than an Air Cav on al burj is an air cav on a map that requires a 5 min chopper ride! :)
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Big boy tactics...

noooooooooooo switch come back, u leaving behind, squadies!!!!!!
    well i think my pc it is old enough, so i can't run arma. atleast the demo was in really bad shape when i try it.
    i will doing some upgrades when i return back in septe. then i may join you over there.!

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
      I think I may be moving onto arma.... not abandoning PR all together, but my digi dl begins now and I think I'm up for a bigger challenge.

I hope all of you who have played with me on PR follow!!! Only thing better than an Air Cav on al burj is an air cav on a map that requires a 5 min chopper ride! :)
      Switch great SLing last nite.........some of the best flying I've seen
      Gerardnm

Comment

let your feelings go luke, your desire for a true tactical experience has led you to this moment, FEEL THE POWER.

Welcome to the Dark side luke.............PR=coke, ArmA=B33r, Hooah!

Comment

Whats arma ?

Comment

I downloaded and played the Demo this morning, since this thread reminded me of it.

You know, I was hardcore Americas Army. And now PR. And I must say, yes, ArmA is great for realism. But to be honest, 8 hour games, 4 hour games...just not possible. Yeah, its summer...but I still have to maintain a social life and such. I simply cant commit that much time to a video game for JUST ONE MISSION.

The graphics are nice, but the engine in the demo seemed buggy.
            The voice, while a great idea, just sounds awkward.
            And...it's just too much. Mind you, I was also a die hard GR fan, up until GR2, and I tried GRAW but got bored of that.

The amount of Teamplay and tactics must rock...but...I want a game, not an experiment in gameplay immersion. Just not my type of game, I guess.
            Skud

Comment

The demo is a very bad representation of the game, the game is more or less what you make it. our main game mode is evolution, heres what that means

full island of Sahrani, 400 Square miles filled with 20 citys or so, your base is loaded with assets any anything you think you should do. you more or less can do it is a combat simulator, in order to win evolution, you must capture all the citys. it takes a day or two to do this. once all the citys are captured you win, Assets DO NOT respawn, once you break it you have to fix it. wich isnt hard. its just tim consuming so you dont take things you cant bring back. your rank is saved and people come and go as they please through out a game

for example, Vehicles can be loaded with just about anything that will fit in them, put 2 much in and it's full i love filling up a stryker with my favourite things(as well as my squadies favourites) and heading to a city

Lazer Markers, bring a lazer marker and if you have a harrier overhead armed with guided bombs, you can laze a target for the harrier.

like 20 different choices in assault rifle/Light machine gun, plus an assortment of Frag grenades, Flares, Smoke, Ammunition, Javeline missile systems, Stinger AA, M136 re-usable AT, etc etc. all of witch may be used to your disposal

a GORGEOUS graphics engine, you cant appreciate the full engine untill you have the full island.

some vehicles include

Stryker, available top mounted weapons (M2 50 caliber machine gun, TOW, MK19 grenade launcher)

HMMWV(available top mounts, same as stryker, however the stryker has a more intuitive system for using these weapons HMMWV is more hands on)

5 Ton Truck(huge bastards that carry 15 people or so, available as service vehicles for repairing or transport vehicles)

AH-6 Littlebird, Littlebird armed with FFAR rockets and 2 mini guns

MH-6 littlebird, littlebird with side seats for transport

AH-1 Cobra, lots of cool toys on this one

UH-60 MG blackhawk, transport blackhawk armed with Mini guns (these ones do their job well)

UH-60 FFAR Blackhawk, Transport blackhawk armed with FFAR rockets used for transport and CAS

AV8B harriers. armed with AIM9's or GBU's

A10 Warthog, the main gun on this bird is AMAZING, i've flown her at night and come down on targets with a 2 second burst. there is soooo much led tossed in that 2 seconds, easy to kill a squad with one burst

all kinds of enemy vehicles etc etc.

alot of good TG guys are starting to migrate to ArmA, the 1st-MIP for one have started transitioning, i've seen many first MIP ArmA n00bs in the past few days switch is hooked =D i can already tell, and the more you play the more addictive it is.

Comment

But is it something you can pop on at 9pm at night and play for an hour ?

Comment

Scyatic,
                  Yes Evolution's ability to respawn at endlessly and join at any time is one of its most attractive features but also a detrimental condition. Evolution is in many ways sort of a half way point between something like BF2 and ARMA COOP.

Comment

So do you fight Bots or is it player teams vs player teams ?

Comment

Gents,

Remember that an amazing game/sim like ArmA doesnt need anything other than just talkin about its "sky is the limit" kind of nature to impress anyone who is looking for a complex, immersive military universe.

What I am trying to say is, dont bash PR while praising ArmA. PR did and will do amazing things in BF2 engine. BF2 would be dead for many of us if PR didnt exist. Small-scale combat, especially in urban areas, is more smooth in PR and still a bit clumsy in ArmA. That's why PR is a better choice for action-oriented players, in my opinion.

And remember that it is not like getting married (well, at least it doesnt have to be), you can have both of 'em if you like :)

Comment

anyone have a link to a demo download? You guys make this game seem amazing, I might buy it sometime; screenshots I have seen are AMAZING. absolutely gorgeous

EDIT: nvm I found one on Filefront
                        sigpic

Comment

There's a demo night coming I believe? Next thursday maybe? Keep any eye out for an announcement!

Comment

sweet! im gonna go check the TG ArmA forums now
                            sigpic

Comment

I got the ArmA demo but the keybinding was so frustrating i never got around to playing it.

Tech specs: Would a 3Ghz P4, 2gb RAM and 256MB ATI x1300 vidcard run well? I play BF2 fine with mostly medium settings.
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X