Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where I'm at since my first introduction..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I'm at since my first introduction..

My story:
    I bought BF2 when it initially came out because it looked like a fun game to play.

At the time I was on dial up at home so loaded it onto my laptop and would drive 1/2hr one way to get access to ADSL to play with my group.

A couple of trips like this and I realized it was just DoD with tanks and planes and wasn't worth the effort. I went back to playing DoD and gave my BF2 disks away.

Along came Red Orchestra and it offered a bit more of what I was looking for..realism and tactical game play but still , it lacked a few things. The major fault IMO was the inability to communicate decently. Even in DoD they introduced icons whenever a player used VOIP so if someone said "follow me" , you could see who said it and follow.RO was a mass of confusion with VOIP so I gave up using it.

Then , I discover PRM but as I'm still on dial up at the time so it's only a pipe dream!

Couple of months ago I was finally able to get wireless high speed from across the river valley(not the greatest connection and drops off once in a while but hell,it's better than the 28.8 Kbps DU I had) so I hounded my nephew for my BF2 disks again and installed it , got the PRM mod and was directed to this group for good gaming.

I've played some BF2 Vanilla with another clan and like all online games , it's more WHO you play with than what you play. Had some fun times over there but still , the game itself is arcadish.Good for some run and gun shoot ups but for the most part , disorganized with little team work.

Anyway , for the past few days I've been reading numerous sites on playing PRM , watching various BF2 PRM videos on UTube and playing around in SP mode to get the feel of the game , configure my controls etc.

I'm basically "in training for my first combat assignment"

I'm gonna prefix my in game name with the clan tag [n00b] so a squad leader won't expect too much of me and , as they're forecasting rain tomorrow , want to try and get on a nd actually play for a few hours.

Well...back to training. I hear "drop and give me 20" in the background so gotta go..l8tr all.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Where I'm at since my first introduction..

Good to see you stuck it out in the face of adversity there BeerHunter. I'll recommend to your CO that you get a 72 hour pass for the weekend for some good old fashioned butt-kickery on the servers.

Comment

Beer--look for me in game and on Team speak (if you can run it ) and join up...If im in a squad I'll leave and start a new squad and help you anyway I can.

cheers.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        I'll recommend to your CO that you get a 72 hour pass for the weekend for some good old fashioned butt-kickery on the servers.
        Would appreciate that.

FYI .. the CO's name is Mrs. BeerHunter..:D

and thanks Grunt - I'll look for you on the server tomorrow (today I'm at work..lunch break).
        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X