Tactical Gamer = Tactical Soccer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer = Tactical Soccer?

Hey everyone, I just got back from my end of season awards party for soccer and guess what award I got...

Tactical Excellence for all 6 years on the team.

Anyhow, thanks everyone, since I believe Tactical Gamer had something to do with it. :row__573:
    Pretty strange coincidence. Here's some pictures:

Thanks,
    XCliPsX or Chris Medeiros (now that you know my name =P)
    |TG|XCliPsX
    Medic, Engineer, Squad Leader, Commander

Quote from the Tactical Gamer Primer:
    Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Re: Tactical Gamer = Tactical Soccer?

I hate to be the one to ask this, but does anyone else think the trophy looks like it has boobs? :D

Congrats on the award man! What position do you play? I was a career fullback when I played for 10+ years.

Comment

wow your right, it does sort of
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, from the picture it does. =\ Thanks everyone. I play central defense and been the captain of it for about 4 years. Looking to play on the high school team next year as a freshman.
        |TG|XCliPsX

Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Comment

That's pretty nifty!

Back in the day I used to be a forward. I'm very small and very fast and used to running back and forth all the time. :D
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I played right midfield before I quit just before freshman year...

Keep with it.
            Skud

Comment

Congrats on the award, man, and stay with it. Middle full is a pretty hardcore spot (and the keep's best friend!) ... Can you tell where I played?

Good luck on making the Varsity.
              OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

aye, khaerus played a 3 man defense! I played sweeper on a 4 man D. I think I still hold the unofficial record for the most broken ankles to opposing team members at my old high school.

Comment

Actually, I played keep, but yeah, somehow we always ran 3-man D from age 6 through high school +. I never broke any ankles, but I got kicked in the head a couple of times. That's where that middle full comes in... That guy, uh, "does things" to guys that wanna kick his keep in the head...

Here's something to laugh at me for: I played organized soccer for over 12 years, and I scored ONE goal in that whole time... pulled out of net in garbage time in a summer league after graduation, and I got one. I remember it perfectly.

Too much fun, that was. XCLiPsX, play for as long as you can, man...
                  OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Ya, soccer something that I enjoy. Been playing since I was 5 or 6 and been playing travel since I was 10. Looking to see if I can take it into college but most likely won't go pro :P. I'm really not looking for soccer to be a career but its an option. Thanks for the comments, good to know I have some soccer buddies.
                    |TG|XCliPsX

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      aye, khaerus played a 3 man defense! I played sweeper on a 4 man D. I think I still hold the unofficial record for the most broken ankles to opposing team members at my old high school.
                      Was that on an unranked game?

Comment

i'll make my mandatory www.managerzone.com plug here.

Comment

I do believe that all high school sports count as "unranked games". :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X