Realism? BLAH! My first impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism? BLAH! My first impressions

After spending a few days"training for my first combat assignment" , going through the UTube library watching "training" and some wonderful game play videos , playing SP mode, reading all the TG SOP's as well as numerous other tutorial sites and configuring my keys I hopped online to play for the first time.

Quit a revelation!

First game I ended up in a squad that worked as a fairly cohesive unit with a SL that requested someone spawn as a medic because we didn't have one , directed the squad to points that needed defending/attacking , and stayed back as much as possible presumably to ensure a squad spawn point was always available.

Died a thousand deaths and eventually ended up with a spawn time long enough to go get a snack but damn it was fun.

Second game was a totally different scenario.

Virtually no guidance whatsoever from the SL (even though I specifically asked for orders) and the squad was spread out over the 4 quadrants of the map.

I was on my own for the most part so simply followed other players or a squad member if I could find one , covered whenever possible and died a thousand deaths again.

Even tried using VC when I was pinned down asking where the fire was coming but no one responded.

Wasn't as much fun this time.

I came to the conclusion that PRM , like so many other FPS's , OFFERS the functionality to form squads and work together as a cohesive unit to complete an objective but...once again..

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU PLAY BUT WHO YOU PLAY WITH.

In retrospect , maybe that's why players would join the squad then leave shortly after but I'm not really one for "squad hopping".

I will persevere and overcome however.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Realism? BLAH! My first impressions

This is exactly why I downloaded ArmA yesterday.

Comment

Definetly, the game sucks if you dont have anyone decent to play with. The solo roles in this game are fairly uncommon.

Just remember who is a good player and look out for them in future squads, its not always just the sl who matters. The medic who revives you instead of nicking your sniper kit or whatever, those are people you should stick with

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I tell you what...the next time you are on the TG server look for me(|TG-4th|Dirtboy), and I will help you with every step of the way. I SL all the time, and have extremly patient with new people. Just ask for an invite...or if you like. We could jump onto an emtpy server and I will show you the ropes.

Good luck
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I played today with TG SL's and had good games. Learning as I go along.

Next911 & I squaded up and soon had a fairly full squad. Enjoyed it very much.Was sorry I had to leave so early.

And I'm going to add you Dirtboy to my list of players to look out for. Txs for the offer.
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Beer look for guys from MIP and the 6th.....some really good ones there. Also check the battlereport forum and note the names, most of the guys there are very good squaddies or SLs.

At the mo i'm getting to really enjoy armour whoring........so if you want join up with me on the likes of Qwai, Thunder, Basrah or any other armour maps.

Armour squads have to be WAY more co ordinated than infantry to survive
            Gerardnm

Comment

Originally posted by EBODude View Post
              This is exactly why I downloaded ArmA yesterday.
              Well, you can get the same impression from Arma if you play with retarded people... it is indeed not about what you play, but who you play it with.

What PR does is try to force people to play together and cut down on the unrealistic features. If you don't squad up nor work as a team, any organised squad will wipe the floor with you.

I often go SL myself unless the GF 's home, she doesn't really like it when I 'm ordering people around while she 's watching the tele :). SL'ing without VOIP is useless and should not even be allowed imo. If my SM's don't follow orders, I kick them from the squad (after multiple warnings) and if no good players are around I tend to go CO. If that doesn't work out, I just hit the disconnect button.

I barely play the game without my bro (BigGaayAl) as we tend to have great PR rounds together. Just need to get to know the good players and you will love the game.
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

The thing is, I usually can only play with retarded people. If someone TKs me, rams my Little Bird with a Blackhawk, I report them. Then a whole new wave of people come and I go through the same suffering. I'm just tired of it. There aren't that many smacktards on ArmA.

Comment

There aren't that many smacktards on ArmA... yet!

Give em time. School gets out soon then they swarm the servers.
                  [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

School is out, and has been for like a month.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                      There aren't that many smacktards on ArmA... yet!

Give em time. School gets out soon then they swarm the servers.
                      Kiddies getting out of school more than likely dont have the patience, much less the mental capacity to embark on ArmA. Rest assured, smacktardery will most likely NEVER be as big an issue as it is with most other games of this sort. Thats what makes it completely worth the upgrade to my pc :)
                      Dizlor

Comment

I just played a bunch of matches with dirtboy, def look for him he knows what he is doing
                        Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

I was in the same squad as you knewman...briefly though I think. Lost connection and couldn't get back into the server.

Comment

Ah same thing happened to me, hate it when that happens. Nice playing with you though.
                            Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Great playing with both of you...thanks for sticking around. Even though we got whooped, we I had a blast:)

Great squaddies, I would go to battle with any of you guys;)
                              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X