607 player movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 607 player movement

Is it just me or is everyone running with cement shoes on?

Seems a little on the slow side.

Re: 607 player movement

You are right it has been slowed down a little.

Comment

I believe (and this is just me) that the "walking speed" is meant to literally be indicative of a walking speed. Instead of the seemingly unbelievable stamina of these soldiers running at speed with all of this equipment on their backs all the time.
      Focused

Comment

Much better imho, you could run 100m in less than 10 secs carrying a full equipped backpack :).
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I'm all for this to be honest. One of the things I hated about vanilla was the rediculous player movement, like Ghost said you could sprint like an olympic runner and still be able to bhop the rest of the way home.

Comment

The only thing Im not sure I like is when you get caught out in the open, like crossing a long street like Al Basrah.

I like the speeds, but I wish there was still a short sprint for those times.

Comment

There should a run for your life supersprint given in exchange for life points. When you stop you have to stand still for a few mins and eventually get back your full health, only someone in full health could do it

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Less speed, more sprint :)

Let's see those bunnyhoppers get away from us now. "teabags to the front lads!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  There should a run for your life supersprint given in exchange for life points. When you stop you have to stand still for a few mins and eventually get back your full health, only someone in full health could do it
                  THe DEVs would like this but this would require the creation of a 5th movement speed effectively and this is IMPOSSIBLE.

You could return to the 0.5 player movement speeds but that would mean a return to more run and gun tactics.

THerefore the new movement speeds ARE A COMPERAMISE!

We dont have much choise is this matter, so personaly i believe what they have chosen is the best possible comperamise between tactical movements and ability to traverse maps.

I have also found that if you are carefull where you run from and to, the slower speed does not increase the chance of being hit all that much or not atall. It encourages players to pick there routes more carefully, and focus more on looking and then moving to the next bit of cover rather than totaly on the next flag objective.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Indeed. Movement should be nothing but tactical in this mod. We have too much "i'm just going to run across the open desert without stopping for cover" and "i walk casually down the middle of the street" in .5. With 0.607, you have to use tactical movement and cover, e.g. you find cover, prone or crouch behind it and leapfrog your squad to the next point of cover, which should be no more than say 30m away, while your squadmates provide fire support as each of you moves. Yes, it takes longer, but thats what tactical gameplay is about. The further away we move from vanilla, the more smacktards it seems to weed out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X