any airborne/helo platoons???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any airborne/helo platoons???

ok guys well i've been around a while and i was wondering about joining TG strictly for the PR mod...
    i know there's the 1stMIP and 6th and whatever other ones there are... i would really love to join a platoon that is strongly involved in flight and or LB air cav stuff... any suggestions or links to "wikis".....

Re: any airborne/helo platoons???

160th SOAR is a dedicated air unit (who unfortunately dont have a wiki page). Also, keep in mind that in order to join an In-House Squad, you must be a supporting member. If that's not an option for you, then you can still look into the Irregulars, all of whom are awesome. Plus they're pirates, which makes them doubly cool.

Comment

us Irregs have platoons and you have to choose one when you fill out an application, one of the platoons specializes in air combat
      sigpic

Comment

i knwo about the supporting member thing but i dont want to donate till i find the right niche for me... is there a master list of all platoons, i,e,. the 160th, 6th and so on that says all of their functions and things... or am i way off on the platoon thing....

Comment

Originally posted by Yamer View Post
          i knwo about the supporting member thing but i dont want to donate till i find the right niche for me... is there a master list of all platoons, i,e,. the 160th, 6th and so on that says all of their functions and things... or am i way off on the platoon thing....
          Here's the Wiki page.

Cheers!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

As stated, the 160th isnt on that list cause they havent created their wiki page yet.

Comment

hahaha... ok got it.. thanks for the quick response... who is the leader of the 160th? can you link me to a pm for that person... and whats this |TG-44th| medical brigade... is that going to be a medivac brigade...? if so im so down to help you get that going... supporting member and all.....i'm currently working in RL as a firefighter paramedic and a part-time flight medic for life-net helicpoters.... that would be the niche im looking for.....

Comment

lol, no, the 44th was the unofficial medical brigade I started before I joined the 6th. It had absolutely no official affiliation to TG whatsoever and consisted of one person: me. Unfortunately PR doesnt support medivac runs because the medic class does all the work on-site, so theres no need. I'm just too lazy and nostalgic to take it out of my sig.

In addition, Fallosophy is the leader of the 160th, so feel free to shoot him a PM for more info.

Comment

Yamer, thank you for your expressed interest. I'm pretty busy right now and barely have time to reply to this. However, I will send you a detailed pm a little later. thank you.
                  Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
                  Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

Comment

ok cool no problem man... ill be waiting.... nad kill all TG i see in the mean time

Comment

Well, as people said above, it would be either the 160th SOAR or the Irregulars that would be your choices. I would personally recommend the Irregulars [not that I have anything against Root & his crew], but the Irregulars are...well...the Irregulars and pretty good at what they do. If I remember correctly, I do believe that they would be in a position to provide you with what you are looking for, not mentioning everything else good about them.
                      sigpic
                      The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

As a beginning member just starting out in the TG world, it makes perfect sense to join the Irregulars and learn the ropes as you learn and explore TG and it's in-house squads (IHS).

Think of the Irregulars as a both a prep school that turns out quality recruits for the IHS, as well as a casual club where those of us who have too many things going on in real life can play with our buds. No-one will blink an eye if you have to bail in the middle of a game because your kids want a bedtime story or it's time to study for that exam.

We have entry requirements that are very simple, and when you wear the |TG-Irr| tag, you will be welcomed by any TG IHS member because it says you are willing to learn and want to excel. And that's how you'll get to know us, know the squads, and learn which is best for you. You can leave the Irregs at any time, and there are opportunities for advancement to further distinguish yourself as a candidate for an IHS. The Pirate Wing Platoon is looking for members, too (air platoon)!

Come by our forum and take a look at the recruitment thread. Tell Boxcar that Axis sent you.

You'll be scrubbing the decks in no time! ;)

PS: several posters in this thread are former Irregulars...
                        sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

thanks for your info axis and ill definately keep the great and almighty irr in mind however i've just sent a pm to fallosophy in regards to the 160th, and we are talking about a revamp of the 160th to be a mounted aircav platoon similar to the special forces guys in the movie blackhawk down.... i'm waiting on a reply from him to see what the 160th thinks of my idea..... ill keep the irr close to the thought process though... thanks alot

Comment

Yamer,

Your feedback is appreciated. Aircav operations have been in our playbook and have been utilized to great effect. We however do not recruit folks solely interested in ground based work. We feel that is the job of the other numerous inhouse infantry squads. From time to time a 160th squad in game will let in more than just pilots and use them as an airmobile team. We are a separate entity from infantry work though just as the real 160th is under the command of USSOCOM but solely transports other units ( 75th ranger regiment, 1SFOD-D were the ones in BHD). In this manner we are the aviation component for other in-house squads. I have explained this a bit more in a pm I sent to you.

-Fall
                            Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
                            Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

Comment

well im in whenever youre ready to start getting the 160th roling/////

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X