Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A desperate plea to the TG PR community!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A desperate plea to the TG PR community!

Guys, it's rough to have to ask this, but could we hurry up and populate the server with competent players?

I just played 2 rounds on the server and it's smacktard heaven. Orion was having to make announcements in the server about every 30 seconds about every possible infraction we have rules against. We had maybe 10 competent players on each team. The rest were flashbanging, smoking, shooting and otherwise annoying their own teammates. Bunnyhoppers like the map was full of rabbit holes. Jihad vehicles. Squads completely ignoring orders. UCB attacks in the first 5 minutes of the round and enduring for 10 minutes at a time. The list goes on.

Bottom line: it's really bad. I know someone's going to ask or say that we should have reported the problem players, but honestly, how do you report 40 problem players all at once? It was really that bad.

So I know a lot of you are holding off because the official release is coming soon, but I BEG YOU, please download the beta and play with us, we need the talent and the teamwork. We need to reclaim our own server and that right soon.

Cheers fellas,

Re: A desperate plea to the TG PR community!

I can...give a logical answer....

Look at the number of .607 servers! There arent many out yet, most are probably still running .5. So yeah, we're going to get alot of smacktards. Because our server is populated....the other beta servers arent. It's unfortunate, but maybe we can turn a bunch of these noobs around to the TG style.
    Skud

Comment

I think ArmA is the culprit.
      |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

38% done here.
        I'll either have my squad doing push-ups, or I'll be enjoying a nice squad all by myself for barking too much at insolent brats... We'll see.
        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

1st is the only IHS that's playing ArmA more than anything else.

SOLUTION: PW NIGHT. Show up! All of you:) That includes you, 1st MIP :p
          Skud

Comment

Argh!

4 1/2 Hr download...and gonna have to do it all over again in a couple of weeks eh?

Probably wont make it tonight now...
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
              1st is the only IHS that's playing ArmA more than anything else.
              ... not entirely true ;)
              Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                I can...give a logical answer....

Look at the number of .607 servers! There arent many out yet, most are probably still running .5. So yeah, we're going to get alot of smacktards. Because our server is populated....the other beta servers arent. It's unfortunate, but maybe we can turn a bunch of these noobs around to the TG style.
                What Skud said has merit. Ferris how many players did you witness that you would call 'regulars'? I'm guessing not very many. With an influx of that many new players at once, they all have no idea that we run a tight ship here. Try to form a squad called Teamwork and invite new players to join you. Kindly inform them of some simple rules such as no UCB camping, bunnyhopping, intentional teamkilling, etc. Some will still resist. If you know an admin is on, let it be known then of any major infractions that are occurring. Once I get my main comp back up and running I'm going to be on helping out a lot more in the evenings. Cleaning this server up is a priority.

Comment

Oh trust me my friend, it was tried.
                  I'd say we had about 10-15 regulars between the two teams.

Those of us that are regulars did try very hard to explain the rules to people. We were calm about it, repeated ourselves a lot, opened squads up (i had me, bc2id and snoogums as the only 3 TG regulars on my team in my squad), and got no positive response. We then tried warning them that if they didnt shape up we were going to have to bring an admin into it. No response. So we got orion on teamspeak and he did everything he could short of dumping the server to solve it. Even after he kicked some of the bigger troublemakers, they were still badgering him to turn off FF and enable map voting, etc. It just wouldnt end. This isnt to say some of the new people to the server didnt behave well, as some of them did (they all seemed to migrate to my squad on my team for some reason), but the overall performance from the pub players was atrocious.

I think tonight was handled the best way it could have been considering the overwhelming circumstances. My hat is off to all of the regulars who endured the pain of it all and to the admins who assisted in trying to make it hospitable.

Comment

Hand out any bans?
                    Skud

Comment

Turn off FF? muhahahaha!

Enable map voting? What do the new players know about the maps? Don't they realise this is beta testing and you're better to play maps to their bitter end, to find out bugs that can't be found when you play for 5-10minutes and then decide to change the map midgame! Don't they know about the vanilla bug wih map voting either? New player comes in, he auto starts a map vote for some random map but doesn't see it himself!

Rounds are currently averaging 2hrs to play through to the end. It is sensible to set one round only per map to avoid total boredom. But these guys have got to be told they are part of something bigger than what they are clutching in their hand.

Comment

Rest assured, bans are placed. The feedback from our community is imperative for the weeding out of mischievous players. Keep the PMs coming, we take them seriously.
                        Even if there are 40 players behaving badly, the community members should PM admins about infractions or use ingame reporting.
                        --
                        VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
                          Rest assured, bans are placed. The feedback from our community is imperative for the weeding out of mischievous players. Keep the PMs coming, we take them seriously.
                          Even if there are 40 players behaving badly, the community members should PM admins about infractions or use ingame reporting.
                          This was done through Orion... Believe us when we tell you it was bad. Maybe Dirtboy had a better time on the other side. Our own teammates were shooting friendly vehicles, throwing flash bangs and smoke at each other, the smack talking I was ok with, it was the F-bombs that got to me. Better luck tonight, as I am sure more people have DL'd the beta.

Rock On!

B
                          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

DL and installed here. I hopped on the TG server for 5 mins last night to test it after getting 1 frame per minute creating a local server to try Proving Grounds.

It looked like a soup sandwich, but the HouseHold 6 Actual requested my attendance elsewhere before I could get on TS and start outing the smacktards...

Comment

Well, I was all keen to start playing around with ArmA(don't hate me, but it took like 12 hours to download and I only got to play it for 30 mintues when my kids started having sleep issues), but I'll make a point on jumping on tonight (family willing).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X