.607 Rc some observations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .607 Rc some observations

Played the Rc on TG's site last nite and i gotta say well done to the devs, I love the way it looks and especially sounds.

I have a few observations though, the main one being that tanks with their super zoom are a tad too overpowering in comparison to other battlefield assets, especially choppers.

I saw 5- attack helos getting hit by tank fire...... not sure if this was because the heli users were poor cause i didn't get a chance to pilot or gun in one.

"HAT should realy have those 2 zooms lvl like it had as now it seems that 2 HATS needed to pop up tank!? (or im just a bloody bad shot). THis is big thing on kashara*(typos?) desert & oilfields where tanks just sit back and blow up living **** out of everything"

Games much deeper now than .05 and i'm really happy about that. But my main thing again was tanks being too powerful. Could choppers maybe get the same HUD "display" as the A10 thus allowing it to spot its targets from further out even?

In any event how about increasing the "drop" of a round could be a quick fix or give the choppers better battlefield awareness?

I also thought the Chinese riflemans rifle was very inaccurate...i usually go 2:1 or 3:1 in most rounds and was almost g'teed that type of score with china in .5 with the scope. Seems to be very hard to hit targets now on single shot.

I never got a chance to deploy commander assets of do much else as i was only on for 3 maps.

Can't wait for tonite.
    Last edited by gerardnm; 06-28-2007, 06:12 AM. Reason: Post below pointed something good out
    Gerardnm

Re: .607 Rc some observations

Yeh, been awesome games on tactical gamer beta server, I also totaly agree tanks seems to be bloody insane now, ofcourse hey are big thing on modern combat warfare there seems to be lil chance to take out tank with inf'... HAT should realy have those 2 zooms lvl like it had as now it seems that 2 HATS needed to pop up tank!? (or im just a bloody bad shot). THis is big thing on kashara*(typos?) desert & oilfields where tanks just sit back and blow up living **** out of everything... not the best map us for inf liking ppl.

Also the new mestia map is great with militia and forest looks realy nice as it has european touch on it :) and i laugh my ass off every time i see militias Submarine apcs :D

Otherwise newest beta seems awesome, slower movement and RP thing realy makes games deeper and way more tactical. Mod is definedly going to right direction, too bad im going to real army (Finnish Defence Forces) before finaly relase comes but hell mayby some weekends i come and toss acouple games with you guys.
    “A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.”

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."

Comment

Originally posted by Jarmen_Khell View Post
      Yeh, been awesome games on tactical gamer beta server, I also totaly agree tanks seems to be bloody insane now, ofcourse hey are big thing on modern combat warfare there seems to be lil chance to take out tank with inf'... HAT should realy have those 2 zooms lvl like it had as now it seems that 2 HATS needed to pop up tank!? (or im just a bloody bad shot). THis is big thing on kashara*(typos?) desert & oilfields where tanks just sit back and blow up living **** out of everything... not the best map us for inf liking ppl.

Also the new mestia map is great with militia and forest looks realy nice as it has european touch on it :) and i laugh my ass off every time i see militias Submarine apcs :D

Otherwise newest beta seems awesome, slower movement and RP thing realy makes games deeper and way more tactical. Mod is definedly going to right direction, too bad im going to real army (Finnish Defence Forces) before finaly relase comes but hell mayby some weekends i come and toss acouple games with you guys.

I'm going to rob the bit on the HAT and add to my post thats a very good point.

Cheers
      Gerardnm

Comment

One thing with the chinese rifle that a few people have noticed and needs checking enmasse and reporting in a new thread over at the realitymod.com forums

Can you guys check what you think of the rifle resting position after firing each round, on single fire?

Look for the return to rest position leaving the crosshair higher and higher each time, the difference being so much that you have to spend too much effort and time reaiming on the same target.

You might want toi compare the results of this with other main rifles of other forces to see if there is some disparity.

Anyone who gets together and do some serious testing here and post clear, comprehensive results will get the Devs attention fully and could be resolving any problems there are in game right now. After all, that's what OB's are for!

Comment

Perhaps the QBZ-95 got nerfed because it's telescopic sight gave it too much of an accuracy advantage over the M16A2?

If that's the case, maybe the L85A2 (SUSAT) needs a little of that action as it can be like going up against a whole squad of Marksman fighting the Brits on Helmand in V.5...

Comment

Jabal last night.... Uggh

MEC laid a bunker and firebase over by the bridge which made it next to impossible to assault. (firebase was on the opposite hill where it could cover the bunker)

That style of play is crap and will get me personally away from this mod real quick. The map lasted around 2 hours where we held the dam, and they held the bridge. Each side neutralized the next flag a couple of times, but neither side could cap the CP which meant we had a 2 hour stalemate... The helos were useless, AAA emplacements ensured that. The sounds need some serious work, they are almost unusable in their current state as a method of detecting enemy presence.

Then we went to a vanilla map which quite frankly got me to log off pretty quick. While I need to play more to come to any serious conclusions, what I saw last night made me really wish ArmA didn't run like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post

MEC laid a bunker and firebase over by the bridge which made it next to impossible to assault. (firebase was on the opposite hill where it could cover the bunker)...
              LOL we were saying the same thing about the USA dam and the Vulcan cannon that was protecting it! nearly impossible to assault, but mad fun trying. It took 2 mec snipers, 2 AT kits, an engineer, and a ton of ammo to finally bring you guys down.

I kind of enjoyed the marathon as it really forced everyone to brainstorm new strategies to assualt the dam. We were beginning to think we might have to resort to a trojan horse vodnik loaded with C4 and clowns.
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post

MEC laid a bunker and firebase over by the bridge which made it next to impossible to assault. (firebase was on the opposite hill where it could cover the bunker)

That style of play is crap and will get me personally away from this mod real quick. The map lasted around 2 hours where we held the dam, and they held the bridge. Each side neutralized the next flag a couple of times, but neither side could cap the CP which meant we had a 2 hour stalemate... The helos were useless, AAA emplacements ensured that. The sounds need some serious work, they are almost unusable in their current state as a method of detecting enemy presence.

Then we went to a vanilla map which quite frankly got me to log off pretty quick. While I need to play more to come to any serious conclusions, what I saw last night made me really wish ArmA didn't run like crap.
                Assualting the bridge was impossible? Try assualting the dam with 1 squad half the round. Warehouse's squad pitched in from the southside halfway through before I quit.

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                LOL we were saying the same thing about the USA dam and the Vulcan cannon that was protecting it! nearly impossible to assault, but mad fun trying. It took 2 mec snipers, 2 AT kits, an engineer, and a ton of ammo to finally bring you guys down.

I kind of enjoyed the marathon as it really forced everyone to brainstorm new strategies to assualt the dam. We were beginning to think we might have to resort to a trojan horse vodnik loaded with C4 and clowns.
                Glad somebody enjoyed it,it was...in Skud's words..."draining my ability to play this game".

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post

I led the squad that greyed out the bridge both times, but once you guys caught on to where we were coming from, that was that. There is no strategy that will take and hold a point defended by almost the entire team. There are only so many ways to get at the flag's. I guess it is good as we never had people spawning on the carrier, but still it was nothing but a high-tech stalemate which is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Hehe, our team actually basically gave up on the choppers as with the AAA scattered around and rifleman AA kits the helo's were really just flying coffin's.

Basically we won on kills playing a map with over 500 tickets, gee, such fun.

Comment

We had all but 2 squads defending that bridge....if we had more armor come up to dam,and more troops...im sure the balance would of tipped,either us taking the dam or yall taking bridge. Worst round I ever played.

I wondered when yall would learn not to hover those blackhawks to fire on squads..haha,RPG's are great fun.

Comment

I know better then that, I was purely ground-pounder that entire round...

And ya, I know what you mean, our first try we had only 1 squad assault bridge, (mine) try #2 there was a second squad to the east of bridge which drew your attention away from us, but once the CP grayed out I found out what Custer must have felt like at Little Big Horn, being so outnumbered...

Comment

The only good thing about the dam was when we assaulted it we had plenty of cover. At one point I went Splinter Cell and could of capped the flag myself because of my 'prime' location.

Comment

I think the secret to taking the bridge is capturing the hills NW of it (where our bunker was located). My squad was over-run a few times in the hills by strategic littlebird drops in the hills west of bridge close to dam. If you can secure a RP and pour enough troops toward the bridge through those hills, it gets ugly pretty quickly. I see too many US squads try and take bridge from the east...and unless you have 50 smoke bombs up, hide under the bridge, and have supporting fire from the east hills, it is unlikely to fall.

I am kind of suprised that the Dam is so hard to capture for either team. Plenty of places to hide and sneak down. Usually the west approach works for my squad to at least make it into the dam, and with the use of smoke it can get greyed out pretty quickly. Defending it can be tricky with so many entrances, so most teams seem to do well defending it from up top before any enemies even get inside.

Where were most of the USA players defending the dam located, and what works best for you guys? I usually stick to the bridge and don't have as much experience over at the dam.
                          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

They had several snipers in the hills,and I believe a Squad ready to rush in on flag as soon as it greyed. Other than that,I have no idea.

Comment

Jabal was a wake up call for alot of us last night. None of us thought a stalemate like that would have shown its ugly face. I lead Canadian's squad, and I can tell you, it was very frustrating. Our team lovvvvved defending bridge. Besides my squad, and fortunatly w.Warehouse's, nobody moved away from bridge.

However...It made me realize how important that dam is. And how impossibly hard it is to take for the MEC. If you go low, you're in fire from the high ground. If you go high, you have to go low, into fire. It's a tough flag, and I give props to whichever squad decided to defend it from the very beginning.

We all need some change of tactics.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...