Map situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map situation

Im not sure if this has been brought up, but I'll make it short and sweet. Kashan either needs a ticket bleed revamp, or needs to be out of the rotation. It kills the server, I hope I can get some backup on this one.

Re: Map situation

I agree. Hopefully the Devs will shorten it up a bit before the official release. The bunker assaults and defenses are fun, but the map is so long that many drop off because they know they will not finish or see another map for quite some time. Transportation is essential since because it is huge. I'd hate for it to be removed, but perhaps other maps can go before it in the rotation.

Comment

I kind of like the neverending scenery of dirt and sand... Nothing's more fun than 8000m of pure sand in all directions, oh yeah they managed to throw in like two 20x20m compounds in the center to compensate. But it is unquestionable that the server loses if not 50%, more than that of its population the second they hear the music for that map. Same with Daqing Oilfields... atrocious. If anything, incorporate Mashtuur City or Karkand if they're lookin to use vBF2 maps. It's no doubt they will probably fix the map but, in the meantime, Im sure TG could save themselves the undying amount of complaints they get about people stealing planes, TK'ing for planes, Plane respawns being too drastic, BAD PILOTS, (aka all associations with the flying of aircrafts in that map is beyond exasperating). Just take it off the rotation. Btw the map has an estimated requirement of 3 hours just to complete.

Comment

Once 0.6 final is out, tickets and timelimit will be adjustable. Kashan now takes over 5 hours to complete when balanced between the two center flags (north/south bunker).
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzer66 View Post
          Im not sure if this has been brought up, but I'll make it short and sweet. Kashan either needs a ticket bleed revamp, or needs to be out of the rotation. It kills the server, I hope I can get some backup on this one.

BIG +1 chief!!! It seems Kashan is the only map I ever play because it is so bloody long!!!

Seriously, the last three or so nights I have played that's the only map I can remember.
          submit7

Comment

I think an hour is plenty long enough for a round.

Comment

During the testing period we're running the maps and server settings in their original format. This is done so the players can test and provide feedback on the PR beta forums. After the full release is out, we can address any remaining issues that aren't corrected.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                During the testing period we're running the maps and server settings in their original format. This is done so the players can test and provide feedback on the PR beta forums. After the full release is out, we can address any remaining issues that aren't corrected.
                I realize that, but I'm saying for the sake of the server. If the server were filled with 62 people through the entire map it would be semi-bearable. Until the final release where the map is adjustable would it be possible then to put something else in place of it.

Comment

I know last night the server emptied out a bit when we loaded Kashan. I left because I was having mic troubles :/
                  Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

I waited patiently to fly the frogfoot...took off 20 minutes into the game and got shot down within 3 minutes by some ace USA F16 pilot (whoever that was, omg, you are good!)
                    >and since I died...i had a negative score and immediately got kick/banned ! LOL. Talk about adding insult to injury.

p.s. Emdeck, you tried your hardest to save me...but without any ammo left in your MIG I was doomed!
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Maps with planes=bad for a public game.

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post

DGMW it's a great map...a little tweaking and it may be one of my favorites...but what Blitz is saying is true...for now it should be outta rotation just because it is killing the server for the night when you get to it. I'd be willing to bet a lot of guys just bail when they see it loading up. You are then losing those guys to test and provide feedback on any maps after Kashan. Or if maybe you could just knock the tickets down to 200 or the time limit to 1 hr...you could still get feedback on it but everyone wouldn't bail.
                        submit7

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                          Maps with planes=bad for a public game.
                          I dont think youre right about that, maps with planes can work fine if theres enough things to balance it.
                          In PR however, theres no balance at all, AA missiles at best dont hit and at worse fly half the map just to hit a friendly air unit. I find it odd that a missile cant hit a straight flying SU25/A10, but it can make a 90 degrees turn instantly, fly over 800 meters and TK a friendly jet that is repairing on the runway.

If in the final .6 release the AA missiles are still bugged, i think that the option of removing the jets and most of the AA vehicles from the map should be considered if the map is to stay on the TG server.

Comment

it's so good that i can care on gameplay instead of taking concern of time and or tickets. the 3+ hours fits the map ok

Comment

Its good in concept, bad in gameplay.

It's a definate server killer. We had a full server for PW night last night, amazingly enough, but it cleareeeed out fast when kashan came.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X