Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mat552's Flight School Registration

Hi there!
    With the success of my recent guide and my supporting membership; I have cleared it with Tempus to hold:
    Mat552's Flight Edjimication. Flight for all!

I am now taking signups. I have 31 slots open (I can't handle teaching more than 31 people at once.)

Sign-ups are first come first serve. I am looking to hold it on Saturday, July 7 from 8:00 PM (EST) to whenever it finishes.
    To sign up, leave your name. I will PM anyone who signs up a question from the Wiki on PR .607 to help ensure that you only get in if you have read it. I will be updating this regularly. Thank you and sign up if you want to know how to fly!

PS Some people don't get it. To stop pubbies from ruining it (Pubbies feel free to join us, just register first,) there is a PW, I will PM anyone who says they are "in" a question proving they grasp the biggest innovation of PR. Answer correctly for the PW.
    Without signing up, you will not get in.

PENDING: Gabriel87
    Betterdeadthanred
    ikill4aliving
    Count Zero

ACCEPTED: RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN
    Last edited by mat552; 07-04-2007, 09:56 PM.

Re: Mat552's Flight School Registration

Alright i'm in.
    |TG|Gabriel87
    Favorite quotes and sayings:

Teacher, Tommy you got a fairy godmother.
    Tommy, No, but we got an uncle we keep a close eye on.

*If anyone knows or has seen Markopilot please let him know that his gunner misses him and would like to talk to him agian. He knows me by Gabriel87.

Comment

I'm going to be gone all next week, I would have come and give you a hand but I guess not.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

im in! Better knows how bad of a pilot I am...
        sigpic

Comment

I'm in. Could definitly need some help with flying. :)

Comment

Mat, do u need a good test map for your flight school?
            I think it would be a fun project to make 5 runways with 5 of each jet in their own hangars. You could fly in formation together.

I was also thinking I could add plenty of targets in a designated bombing area...a few tanks...a few buildings...and of course a few innocent civilian test dummies.
            |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Answer those PM's people...

Also, warehouse yea, check the PM.

You do it, you are my hero of the year!
              Last edited by mat552; 07-04-2007, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Although Im a veteran pilot it never hurts to keep learning. Sign me up.

Comment

i am a good pilot also but i am kind of rusty. im in!
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                    I think it would be a fun project to make 5 runways with 5 of each jet in their own hangars. You could fly in formation together.

I was also thinking I could add plenty of targets in a designated bombing area...a few tanks...a few buildings...and of course a few innocent civilian test dummies.
                    5 jets.. that sounds pretty cool. I also wud like to play on a dedicated map for flight training purpose with some targets to practice on (civs included lol)

Originally posted by xcannon69 View Post
                    Although Im a veteran pilot it never hurts to keep learning. Sign me up.
                    yea you can count on me as well, always keep learning and maybe have sum good phun with you guys

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering which map we would use. Is there anyway to adjust the settings to where you don't need to wait 3 minutes to request a kit(or just have pilot kit a spawnable kit)?

I was just thinking if someone (me) crashed right after take off, it would be nice not to wait.

I don't think this is possible to SSM though.
                      Xfire= ouchiegiver1

Comment

Originally posted by RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN View Post
                        Yeah, I was wondering which map we would use. Is there anyway to adjust the settings to where you don't need to wait 3 minutes to request a kit(or just have pilot kit a spawnable kit)?

I was just thinking if someone (me) crashed right after take off, it would be nice not to wait.

I don't think this is possible to SSM though.
                        Also, if possible, can you make the jets respawn about 5-10 seconds after one leaves the spawn area? Like one of the maps on 1942 (cant remember name, it had a carrier on each team and just a huge dogfighting map)?
                        sigpic

Comment

Sambir (16) pretty much.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

UPDATED LIST OF ACCPETANCE: (Lack of editing :/)

PENDING
                            eol
                            TG_Nixon
                            ACCEPTED
                            Count Zero
                            Gabriel87
                            xcannon69
                            gijoe
                            ikill4aliving

Also on map, w.WAREHOUSE has VERY kindly agreed (?) to make a training map for us.
                            Last edited by mat552; 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                              Also on map, w.WAREHOUSE has VERY kindly agreed (?) to make a training map for us.

I threw together a pretty cool training map for USA pilots:

I ran into a problem with the BF2editor...as it only lets you select from 3 sizes of maps. I fear that even the largest map that I chose will not have much room to maneuver...waiting on a PM from a DEV to see how to make a much larger map such as the desert. I also do not know how they designed their runways, so I just used concrete. It works just fine, but doesn't look as nice as I would like.

AIR_COMBAT_SIMULATOR_v1

included vehicles: F16, A10, Cobra

Map will include 4-5 "training areas" with mini-games in each location.
                              1) weapon cache: destructible maze of buildings with 7 hidden weapons depots. Helo teams will be timed on locating and eliminating the ammo dumps.
                              A10 pilots will be instructed to bomb the entire facility. Enemy AA sites have been located in the surrounding area and may or may not be active depending on Mat's mood.
                              2) bridge crossing: simulation of 2 armor convoys crossing a bridge. A-10 pilots and Helo teams will be judged on accurracy and number of total confirmed destroyed enemy vehicles. A-10 pilots will need to focus on proper attacking flight paths and score 80% accurracy on targets.
                              3) airfield: enemy airbase with destructible vehicles, radar, UAV, helis, arty, soldiers & bunkers. Pilots will be judged on accuracy of fire, selective targeting of commander assets. Helo teams will need to destroy the enemy soldiers, vehicles, then commander assets per VOIP command of a forward observer.
                              4) Industry: Intel confirms enemy factories have been manufacturing IED trucks in a local industrial plant. Helo teams will have to selectively target 5 bomb trucks & 2 bomb cars, while limiting collateral damage to adjacent infrastructure. A-10 pilots will be instructed to bomb 1 selected manufacturing building in the facility per forward observer.
                              5) Mosque: Intel confirms secret meeting of high priority targets in a local mosque & surrounding housing complex. Helo teams will be instructed to find and destroy enemy combatants in the area, while limiting damage to adjacent infrastructure. A-10 pilots will be instructed to level the entire place, including 2 subdivisions, hotel, mosque, and then blame it on Canada.

(screen shots coming)
                              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...