Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about a training session for beginners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a training session for beginners?

There are some damn good and experienced players that are reg's in here (and I sure as hell ain't one of 'em :row__634: :D).

Was wondering about setting up a specific day/time for a couple of hours to show the basics and possibly some advanced things to beginners if there's time.

If I were organizing it , I set it up as so (if this is possible)...

1) Lock down the server and PW it for the few hours of training.
    2) NO squads (simply to allow players to communicate with each other).
    3) A commander who would co-ordinate the thing and supply whatever a commander supplies.
    4) Three basic schools , Infantry , Armor and Flight.

Infantry would the very basic principles of game play. Players could learn how to play the various classes.
    For example one volunteer gets TK'd so Medic can practice using paddles. Also how to set rally points , how to get various kits , how to repair vehicles ,rudiments of a SL and communicating with CO etc.

Armor Would cover the various vehicles , how to get kits to operate them , how to gun (lead,trajectories..are thes part of PRM?) and whatever players wanted to know.

Flight Basic flying techniques of choppers and jets. Might want to look at greatly reducing the spawn time here as there are going to be accidents. :row__588:

Don't know if it's feasible , how many would attend either to instruct or participate or even if there's any need for such a program but you could put me down for sure.

If you think it's a good idea I'd certainly be willing to help organize it in anyway I could.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: What about a training session for beginners?

That sounds like a pretty good idea,the flight school in all honesty really helped me out with the little bird.The infantry portion I think is a big one that needs teaching,battle drills,movement formations,contact reports.Too much just grouping around the squad leader ducks in a row.I'm sure there are enough former E-6's running around that could do the teachin,hell I'd pitch in,always fun to apply what I've learned in a virtual setting.I can imagine the faces of pubbies as a squad wedge bounds in their direction lol.

Comment

I think this is a great idea. I would sign up for this for i am new as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Ooops.. didn't see Mat552's Flight School Registration so probably wouldn't need a Flight School..would be redundant.

As an alternative , maybe if some experienced regs could simply run something similar for Infantry/Squad and Armor..
        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Guys, TG has a program called Tactical Gamer University that is currently undergoing a major overhaul. We have modules in place for just about all aspects of PR. Just be patient for a little while longer and i'm sure you'll see exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Guys, TG has a program called Tactical Gamer University that is currently undergoing a major overhaul. We have modules in place for just about all aspects of PR. Just be patient for a little while longer and i'm sure you'll see exactly what you're looking for.
            That's a big 10-4 Rubber Duckey.. :D
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Well Beer and everyone else. It just so happens that this Saturday my wife is going out for the night. I am willing to play for as long as needed if anyone is interested in learning a few basics. Ill keep a TG BEGINNERS sqd up for anyone interested.

Comment

ya, i if u see me around ask for some pointers and i think a basic training thing would be great! Although i didnt know TG had a university of sorts. If i knew that i would have used it when i downloaded the game! As for mat552's flight school, we had our first run which was actually like a beta for the actual flight school map that is being worked on. Does anyone know when that map will be ready?
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Crombo View Post
                  Well Beer and everyone else. It just so happens that this Saturday my wife is going out for the night. I am willing to play for as long as needed if anyone is interested in learning a few basics. Ill keep a TG BEGINNERS sqd up for anyone interested.
                  Accepted a dinner invitation in Spirit River (about 60 minutes from us) but since we won't be leaving till about 4PM I'll try earlier in the day. Got a SLEW of questions..hope you have patience. :D

Much appreciated.
                  [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                    Accepted a dinner invitation in Spirit River (about 60 minutes from us) but since we won't be leaving till about 4PM I'll try earlier in the day. Got a SLEW of questions..hope you have patience. :D

Much appreciated.

Trust me, if you knew some of the guys I was in Basic with.... Throw as many questions as you wish. Ill write up a basic over view of what I can cover on Sat. It will mainly be focused on Inf.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X