I hate the militia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the militia

I really love what has happened to the insurgents (as someone on another forum told me I would) but I really really really hate being stuck with the militia side on any map. Maybe I'm alone but I think the kits suck and the rounds seem to drag on and on because of that.

Anyone else agree? I'd love to see the maps with militia removed or made infrequent in the rotation if a few admins agreed :D

Re: I hate the militia

What? Militia is almost like any army. It gets pretty much the same kits as any other army. HAT, Sniper, PKM, RPG and a commander. I think its well made for what it supposed to be, a militia not an army.
    |TG|XCliPsX
    Medic, Engineer, Squad Leader, Commander

Quote from the Tactical Gamer Primer:
    Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Comment

I think a bleed on the Brits while they haven't captured any flags would help out on Mestia.

Are there any other Militia maps? I like that they can revive each other if they get the enemies Corpsman kit and are about halfway between insurgents and regular armies.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Mestia Is currently my favorite map, dispite the fact that some games can take upwards of 2 1/2 hours.

Personally,I would rather play as militia. The weapons don't seem as good because the militia don't have scoped rifleman, but it is an interesting challenge. To counter this, you simply just have to adjust your tactics. You have to create close quarters engagements. Stick to heavy foliage areas and pop out when the enemy has walked by, or sit near buildings and ambush people. Remember, you're defending so time is on your side.

My favorite weapon for the militia is the sapper's weapon (cant remember name). Its accuracy isnt too good, but it is so responsive with no recoil makes it superb for mid range engagements, not to mention its huge mag capacity. For some reason I rape with this weapon in single shot.

P.S. If you want an easy job: sit up in storage bunkers and defend it.
        Xfire= ouchiegiver1

Comment

PP19. I like that gun as well. But I hate the medic gun, it just doesnt seem to have any punch to it. I really like the sights on the scout gun for some reason.
          Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

I love playing the Milita becuase it allows me to play out and crush my fears of the United Kingdom being invaded by a proffessional foreign army and the only thing between total occupation and mass suffering is me, as a part of a highly commited and determinded militia. This being more than an insurgency but a truely the British War of Independence! The great and deep woods of the UK, a crucial battleground, perfectly represented in the map: Assult on Mestia!

The unterly marvelous irony is that the very proffesional and exceptionaly trained forieng army marching into the homeland of the militia, are the British Army!

But ignoring that, the map itself is a superbly crafted masterpeice, i hope you will all agree? The deep tree filled gullies allow for stealthly moves, while the ridges and hill tops provide specataualr views for making unseen observations or leting loose spectaular ammounts of machine guns fire down on into the concreate bunkers, encasing the occupents until either relieved by a friendly reinforcements or an enemy frag!

The map rocks, and teams fighting each on it, are brill!

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

The miltia squad leaders get a svd sniper gun and an uzi sidearm, whats the problem again ?

The sapper gun I also like, its a submachine gun I think. Same as we have seen in bf2 but it feels very different. You need to be accurate with it as its no AK but its a good gun to play with I think :)

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Are you kidding me?A couple of nights ago we got whooped by the militia.I think everybody remembers that night.You just have to use them in the way they are intended,fast brutal strikes,then fall back.Ambushes also work very well for them.For example:we had a squad mounted in a APC moving up the east side of the map,when all of the sudden we see a mine.We all dismount,setup security and let our engineer diffuse.Then BAM!,turns out the mine had some C4 under it and we were being watched.Now thats the way to play rebels.

Comment

Mestia is the best map I've seen so far. Whenever its on I always go Militia (even though I've only seen the militia win 1 out of 5 times I've played). All must bow to the power of the Scout.

Comment

Militia hold the high ground, they have won the majority of games Ive played.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo2-22 View Post
                      For example:we had a squad mounted in a APC moving up the east side of the map,when all of the sudden we see a mine.We all dismount,setup security and let our engineer diffuse.Then BAM!,turns out the mine had some C4 under it and we were being watched.Now thats the way to play rebels.
                      MUAHAHAAH FEAR THE EAST ROAD.........!

I think it went down something like this: "fireteam alpha: APC spotted 100m east road. SL: hold fire. RPG move up west & flank. fire condition red. sappers in place? fireteam bravo: roger, c4 is hot. SL: PKM sound in. PKM: copy that boss, in place, holding fire. Sapper: APC has stopped, UNLOADING TROOPS! permission to detonate? SL: ROGER!: ALL UNITS FIRE!" RPG hits back of apc, pkm rains down 100 rounds, c4 goes up and our fatherland is saved.
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

LOL,I couldn't believe how creative that was.I knew there was going to be an ambush on that road but I never even thought of a baited ambush like that,good stuff lol.

Comment

Mestia is by second favorite map, Kashan is my first favorite. Mestia as the Militia is awsome, especially when me and BigGaayAl have to go and get the Storage Bunker flag. ;) Mestia has all the action of ATVs and Pickups that have great handeling. The traps that a full squad with the sole objective of ambush are amazing.
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess I am in the minority. The limited kits aren't bad but aside from the sapper's kit I don't really like the unlimited rifles. I have shot a fair number of rounds through an SKS with an iron sight and like it in real life (which I believe the scout rifle is) but I don't like the way it feels in PR at all.

I love insurgents now although I did not realize how to use civilians until I played on the British side a couple of nights ago :D

Comment

I think that the world war two guns are the best. The PPSH for one which is the one with the gangsta style clip (round) and the WW2 version of the Mec marksman kit the SVD semi automatic rifle. Its a really good gun and thats all i use in mestia next to the PPSH. the russians have a very awesome weapon system becasue they K.I.S.S. (keep it stupid symple)
                              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X