Getting dumped to desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting dumped to desktop

Tonight (07/08), every time I've connected to the server and during the map load, I'm getting dumped to the desktop before the load finishes. Anybody else having this trouble?

Re: Getting dumped to desktop

check your memory/pagefile is set up ok. What version are you running because the server is using Beta rc1

try deleteing your cache too

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm having the same problem... map name was "Bi Ming". It crashed to desktop loading at the same point repeatedly - when the loading bar said "colisions". I jumped on a different server (different map) and I had no problems. Were you getting a CTD on just this map too or on different maps as well?

I thought it was just me because I installed a new video card and drivers this weekend (Nvidia 8600GTS / forceware v162.15).
      (also - I'm running PR v0.6 OPEN BETA and the first thing I tried was deleting the cache files - no joy)

Comment

Bi Ming always CTDs for some players, its because its a night map I think
        sigpic

Comment

If its one map that does it then load another first. Going to another server first before joining TG may help in general

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

So just curious - who is able to load Bi Ming without getting a CTD and what video card/drivers are you using? I CTD every time:

Nvidia 8600GTS
            Forceware v162.15 beta (tried v158.22 as well, same problem)
            Win XP
            2GB of Ram

Comment

I've never crashed on Bi Ming, even when its the first map I load. I have ati x1600 with the latest catalyst, xp pro 1 gig. P.S I always CTD on Ghost Train for some reason, good thing we almost never play it.
              Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                If its one map that does it then load another first. Going to another server first before joining TG may help in general
                roger:

SOLUTION> JOIN ANY OTHER SERVER, DISCONNECT, THEN REJOIN TG SERVER

should fix this issue 99.9% of the time.
                |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Roger that - I'll give it a try next time and see weather I'm in the 99.9 percentile or not ;)

Comment

I do not CTD when map switches to Bi Ming. My computer just freezes, can't do diddly with PR. I usually have to Alt-F4 then restart PR, can't even hit escape to return to main screen to quit. Any ideas for this or same suggestion of loading a map on another server and then rejoining TG?

Comment

For some reason, I started to CTD on map load all the time (while loading any map, online or offline, regardless of the server) with .607RC installed. I figured something got corrupted in the PR install for some reason.

Reisntalling PR .607RC fixed the issue in my case. I decided to reinstall after I confirmed that the game CTD on map load with _every_ map and _offline_ as well as _online_.

Comment

Servers down again :row__585:

Im guessing thats what is mainly holding back the full release, serverside stuff

Comment

Nah there are legal issues holding it back, they would have released on the 4th of July but the CDU clan said they were going to run an unpassworded server with low spawn times, more pickup kits, less kit restrictions etc.. and the devs all agreed that this is a no-no so they decided to draw up a legal document saying no one can do any server side mods without their permission, and if they do the pr devs have permission to use any means nessicary to shut down that server. So blame the CDU clan for the late release, otherwise its all ready to go. I learned this on the pr forums.
                          Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X