Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am new to Project Reality, don't understand why I am banned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new to Project Reality, don't understand why I am banned?

Hello everyone -.- I downloaded this modification, Project Reality .5 and a version called ".607 RC" or so I think thats what it is called. I just got the game Battlefield 2 didn't install it until yesterday and I try to go to servers and I notice it says something like "You have been banned for teamkilling". It says something more than that but I don't remember I didn't write it down. I try to log on to this new mod that i read about and I can't get on one server even. I am not a computer whiz so I don't understand what I can do to play this. I can go on some servers on the regular game that my cousin sold me but project reality doesn't work. I can only get on empty servers. I only spent 10$ on the game but I am upset I can't play it. I've played it at his house before about 5 months ago, not this project reality though. I have asked my cousin and he doesn't seem to give me a good answer.He told me to google the names of the places I was banned and ask for help. I feel like he has done something to the game, he is 14 and seems to know a lot about this game and this modification. He is the one who told me to get this modification and walked me through the download and everything. What do I do and why am I banned here. I can still play from the normal CD game Battlefield 2 but I am banned on the servers with the most players. ^.^ Was I ripped off? This is frustrating me. Did he hack into the game or something? I would like to be part of this community. I am not professional but I love playing videogames. It's boring here up north :(

If anyone can help me that would be really nice :)

Thank Yaz, From Miss Pumpkin Queen ;) (Lexy)
    Last edited by PumpkinQueen; 07-09-2007, 09:54 PM. Reason: I play as PumpkinQueen it is my log in for EA games and the Battlefield 2 game. And the Project Reality modification. thx

Re: I am new to Project Reality, don't understand why I am banned?

Welcome to TG, Pumpkin.

Check out these links.

READ FIRST before posting in this forum

Kicked / banned from the TG Project Reality Server? READ THIS!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Hiya. I read what you told me to read but I have not played on the server before. I mean, not since I got this game just a couple days ago. I have played it before at my relatives house. The game belonged to my cousin until the July 4th weekend. But thanks for the rules incase I get to play this modification. It seems i get a notice everywhere I go almost that tells me I'vebeen banned for teamkilling. I mean eeek :(

Thanks for the links :) I will try to resolve it somehowz Thanks :)

Miss Pumpkin Queen :P

CD key hasher didnt work and i guess I have to send money to get unbanned. oh my goodness

Comment

It simply means the server is full. At 62 players, the server is full, with 2 open slots to allow for reserved slot holders. So, if you try to join when there are 62 or more on, you will get that message. It does not mean you are banned. Just keep trying, or try when the player count is below 62.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I've tried that too. :( It still bans me

Don't worry about it. I don't want to waste anyones time. i'll just play normal battlefield 2. I'm not good anyway. thanks

Comment

My friend had exactly the same problem. He kept getting a banned message and for him it was becasue either punkbuster wasnt turned on which it was so he just downloaded an updated version of punkbuster. Worked like a charm. Try a regular battlefield 2 server and if it works for regular bf2 and no PR maybe talk to the PR guys on their forums. remember its a beta so there is gonna be problems.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Is it possible the person I got it from got banned and now that makes me banned? I didn't get this game new. I might have to buy a new copy. This is second hand from a family member. Maybe thats why he got rid of it. Because hewas banned. That would make alot of sense, now that I think of it. But if he was banned wouldn't it be okay when I installed it on my computer? I'm so confused by all this. I mean could his bans now be still active and making it keep me out of the servers i want to go into. I only am interested in 2 servers for this project reality. Tactical Gamer and Devils Brigade. And Devils Brigade says i'm not in their master ban list but it says i'm banned for teamkilling. So it doesn't make any sense. I gave them my cd code. One of the guys asked for it and he said it was no in the list. So i'm guessing i'm banned on either or both servers. But maybe i'm wrong.

Anywho i'm going back to sleep

Thanks for everyone who's trying to help me i'll try to download punkbuster and see what happens. But I think I have the latest one but I might not. I think I might just be banned for something the owner before did. But that might not be true or make sense.

Cya, Pumpkin Queen

Comment

Okay I updated punkbuster and I am still banned from Tactical Gamer and devils brigade as will as some server called IGI ^.^ But I can enter lots of other ones they just have no people! So what good are they lol.

Oh my god. I am going to rip out my hair. I am clearly banned and I don't know why and all I want to do is play this game with you guys. Goodnight everyone this has been a frustrating night. :(

PumpkinQueen OoooOoooOooOoo

Comment

Go ask your "family friend" you bought the game off to give you their player username ingame and maybe some of us server staff can investigate as far as we can to figure out whether it is that that is at fault!

Otherwise, you need to manually update Punkbuster. Someone should have the precise instructions, but googling it will produce results I am sure.

Comment

Okay i'll call him once I wake up tonight and ask for his login. I'm guessing he just got banned everywhere and got sick of not being able to play anywhere good and sold the game to me in order to make 10$ to put towards a new copy. Now i'm going to have to go buy a new copy of the game as the people at devils brigade told me since there is no way to unban me.

Thanks for your help I will play on the Tactical Gamer servers once I go out and buy a new copy. 50$ down the drain. I will throw this copy in the salvation army bin. Along with the brat that sold me it.

Tata

Miss Pumpkin Queen ^.^ thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

As I mentioned before, it is unlikely you are actually banned. Try joining the server when it has less than 62 players on it. If you still can't join, then there may be a problem.

Comment

ya i agree with tempus before u go and drop 50 bucks try a little harder with the copy u have and u'll probably get lucky. You need patience to put up with all this hassel, but when u figure it out, you wont regret the wait.:)
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news , but on "the other guys forum" it kinda sounds like the game was banned by CD key..if that's how it's done.

They asked for , and she supplied , the CD key (a wise thing to do???) and the immediate response was that the ban was not going to be lifted , leaving me to assume they had identified the key and it was a legitimate ban that would stay in place.

If that's the case then the only recourse is to buy a new game.

That is of course , unless bans aren't associated to CD keys.
                          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

You dont have to buy a new game, EA will send you a bew key if you pay them like $5 USD or something like that
                            Last edited by ikill4aliving; 07-10-2007, 06:35 PM. Reason: typo
                            sigpic

Comment

ya or if u go onto ebay u can buy new ones that arent used. Thats what i did when i had a similar problem. It kept telling me that i had an invalid CD key although i just bought the game like 2 weeks before. But ya i bought a new CD key for like 10 bucks canadian. And i bought a cd for special forces from ea games.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X