Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilots: here is my secret weapon! (for joystick users)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots: here is my secret weapon! (for joystick users)

While I will probably REGRET sharing this with you fellow aces, I feel inclined to share a great application with my fellow forum friends.

There is an application called "JOYtoKEY"
    -allows you to bind keyboard strokes to your joystick, and gives a huge advantage to joystick pilots, allowing them to easily spot enemy jets in a dogfight, rotate your head, etc...without using your mouse.

While flying, I have my left hand on my keyboard and right hand on my joystick. I can press "Q" on my keyboard and fire my trigger on my joystick to spot an enemy jet. You could also bind a joystick button to exclusively do this with only a joystick.

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key...%20Version.htm

if any of you have a Logitech 3D pro, pm me and I can send you my setup file to save you some time.

-WH
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: Pilots: here is my secret weapon! (for joystick users)

I had that stick but I gave it to my uncle. Need another joystick, when I get my wings back this will be greatly appreciated thnx man!
    Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

My secret weapon is the Saitek X45. Saitek as that neat applications that allows you to configure key and script behaviors to axis and buttons.

But regardless of all the cool flight control technology, I still fly like a drunken chipmunk falling from a tree.

Comment

ya i have the Saitek Cyborg Evo, although i dont ever use it. but i have the buttons set up the same way.
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

you can also bind your hat deirections on your stick to do free look without using lft conntrol... thats what i do.... in addition to already knowing about the q spot thing... i binded a button on my throttle (left hand) as Q and then use trigger to spot

Comment

I have a 3D Pro Warehouse and it is giving me yaw problems, erratic left to right and I cannot get full throws in my tail controls.

Comment

you wont be able to use tail controls for chopper when moving foward... new with .6 and as far as yaw bouncing left to right... that comes along with damage to aircraft... GET REPAIRS

Comment

Ive flown in 0.6 on qwai and it didnt feel any different to the beta release. Are you sure you arent talking about one heli then all of them, eurocopter is very constricted - thats on al kufah i think

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I have yet to fly on PR, ive flown on vanilla bf2, and poe2. How much different is it? I have a cyborg 3d gold (Saitek)

Thanks,

Comment

Very. To say the least. I'm not experienced, but its a whole new experience. DONT practice on the server. PRACTICE on a LOCAL server! :)
                    Skud

Comment

follow Skud's advise, you will get yelled at by 31 people if you practice on the online servers
                      sigpic

Comment

I would never do that, but are there single player maps?

Comment

Just go on an emptish server. If your team is less then half strength it doesnt matter half as much so long as you dont wipe out everyone at the main base trying to take off
                          ie. I think vehicles spawn in the same numbers regardless of number of players on the server so you can take advantage of that for some practise.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                            ya i have the Saitek Cyborg Evo, although i dont ever use it. but i have the buttons set up the same way.
                            Same here, I have an Evo Force, awesome bit of kit and very cheap as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X