Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDY Announcement

I'm TDY over with the BF2142 folks.

I know I mention that I disliked BF2142 earlyer, BUT, since I been playing on our server (instead of a couple public ones) my gaming experience has been totaly turned around. (stilll see way to many bunny hoppers there tho)
    Why TDY?
    PR.06 does not seem as much fun as PR.05 for some resason, maybe because of the non team work between squads alot of times and or the crap load of new non TG folks. it just feels like a major cluster screw up most of the time now. Don't get me wrong, there are a few SL's that run great squads and try like hell. but it really sucks when your squad is the only one, or only one of two squads who are doing 90% of the work while the others hang back.

Anyhow, I'll pop in sometime along to see if things have gotten better.
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: TDY Announcement

I hope they release 0.6 soon. The beta is starting to drive away good players.

Comment

BF2142...isn't that the BF2 mod EA charged for??? :p
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

2142 checklist:
        -Same classes
        -Same engine
        -Same weapons, pretty much
        -Similar maps
        -Same game
        Skud

Comment

PR>2142...

I hope to see you back once v.06 comes out, but I guess its alright considering you jumped from one TG server to another, Its all good.

See around
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

ah come on guys. everyone has opinions, let him do what he enjoys.

"Live for something rather than die for nothing!" ~Patton

Comment

0.6 isnt released yet but I know what you mean, have fun in the future

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Taking a break myself sarge. I can't get used to the new player movements.

Feels like I'm walking around waste deep in tar, disconnected, vague, and unatural. I know the dev's love it, I know a large number of players like it, so I assume it's here to stay. :row1_1:

Armed Assault has the same funky, disconnected player movement or I would play that. It almost seems like the pr devs tried to emulate what they saw in AA.

Then there is the 2000m tank zoom, which when combined with the new player movement and lack of real cover on the desert maps, usualy ends up being a camp fest.

I'm in the QW beta, but without squad commo that game will never approach BF2 for it's level of team communication. It's half a happy meal at best and the rounds are too short imo.

Colin Mcrae Dirt looks interesting, but starforce sucks so I won't buy it. Insurgency is CS with new skins.

Bleh, I hope we see the FH2 beta soon.

COD4 and Crysis both look realy intersting though. I dont expect much teamwork aspect with crysis, but maybe cod4 will provide some.

I've thought about joining you in 2142, but I hate the concept of in game ad servers. I've boycotted those games so far, but I'll problably cave on that moray sooner or later 'cause I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
                Dirt almost made me cave on starforce, but I'm still resisting that.

I'll miss the pr community and the teamwork more than the game to be honest, but I do miss playing PR.

Comment

I have played 5 and 6 and it takes adjusting but I think the moves are all good...you guys will be missed. Maybe come back when it has been out a while.

I can agree that when I come in to our server and find that I am in a squad that no one communicates or leads it gets real bad, real fast....

Still learning...StevieRay aka Cocca444
                  sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

I find that looking for players more than just joining a random server is where its at.

If you want a high level of teamwork, look for player names in the server browser, and not just the 'popular' server.

Alot of times I will hop on a server and help the new players. However this involves a MUCH slower pace of playing and your team will often loose while you show the new players how to play PR properly. However that doesnt mean they wont take this experience and get better at PR in future ^_^

Comment

Lithium. come on over to 2142 and get some of my Ganz H-MG loving, I promise to be gentle...

:D

NOT!
                      {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
                        ... maybe because of the non team work between squads alot of times and or the crap load of new non TG folks. it just feels like a major cluster screw up most of the time now. Don't get me wrong, there are a few SL's that run great squads and try like hell. but it really sucks when your squad is the only one, or only one of two squads who are doing 90% of the work while the others hang back.
                        2nd that.

I often step in the seat of commander (especially when no one familiar is on) and I hardly see the teamwork I want. Playing without a decent commander is even worse as squads are still running headless from flag to flag in stead of defending a capped one. I really hate to see an entire team on one flag while the other is uncovered... People disobeying orders, doing there own thing makes commanding a pointless task yet I did have some great rounds, all depends on the players in the server.

Still having fun though and I really can't think of another game I wanna play for so long.

Colin Mcrae games are cool for an hour or two... and yes, boycot Starforce!
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X