to all you tankers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to all you tankers

When ya roll out to raise havoc, take along the mobil AA, it would help greatly in keeping those pesky jets from straffing/bombing your ugly butts .
    :D
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: to all you tankers

dont tell them that. im generally the a10 pilot.

"Live for something rather than die for nothing!" ~Patton

Comment

same cause im the attack heli pilot
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I need some pointers on how and when to fire the AA missiles. I have yet to drop any jets yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lightzout View Post
          I need some pointers on how and when to fire the AA missiles. I have yet to drop any jets yet.
          get a tone on em, wait for them to fire flares. Hopefully you can keep your tone on them then let em rip

"Live for something rather than die for nothing!" ~Patton

Comment

Cant the tanks take out the A10

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
              Cant the tanks take out the A10
              if you can hit it with the main gun, then your going to ruin his/her day :D

Another tactic on shooting down aircraft is to break lock as soon as the flares drop then reaquire lock/tone and then fire, reason why is by breaking lock your missles will not {most likly} be tracking his/hers flares.

Having the AA within a tankers group gives those pesty jet/choppers slobs :) something to worry about besides an easy tank kill.
              Just rememeber that the enemy aircraft will be comming form other then your font. keep that AA on a swivel. Resist killing ground troops "to help out" your main function within the amour group is to look out for the incomming aircraft.
              If you hear "enemy jet/chopper spotted" CHECK your mini map right away for the heads up on direction/area it's traveling to/from.

Aslo don't bunch up so much fellows. I've seen one lone tank take out a group. don't forget about shell drop. elevate that tube to reach out and touch someone! :D

For a good idears on tank tactics, read about Gen. Erwin Rommel and his tank tactics, the man was one of the best.
              {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

I dont think there is any shell drop unfortunately, hence why I thought the A10 would be more vunerable then at present.

Thats a great tip about breaking lock after flares then quickly trying to reaquire the real target.

Why doesnt Kashan have proper attack choppers I wonder, the littlebird class are so incredibly vunerable to absolutely anything. Theres not enough cover to ever be safe but use the mountain ranges I advise.

They havent altered (bigger) choppers can be downed in 2 seconds with 50 cal but will take a rocket and survive :/

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Usually if I have clear tone and a jet/heli drops flares, I raise up some to hurry the flares out of the line of sight. This enables me to get a quicker tone on the aircraft and then fire away.
                  I also think that is funny how a .50 cal can take down a heli in no time but a rocket looks like they explode before they even actually hit the heli. Sometimes I think infantry rifles do more damage than any rocket does.

Comment

This was from tonight in the Chinese Tank on Qwai. Had some guy named Tlaloc2k driving for me. Best I've ever done. All kills were hunt and seek. No spawn camping whatsoever. I think I shot down 5 helos too. :)

sigpic

Comment

I was in the same squad there so heard lots over voip but still amazed at that score tbh.
                      Good lockdown of the north bridge and nice comms between gunner and driver so well deserved :)

Comment

our team was dominating all the maps that night...
                        looking at the amount of players that had 0 for deaths was really crazy, on some of those maps over half our team players did not even die once!

Comment

Yea just realised I didnt get on the scoreboard but dont think I died more then once. I shot down at least one heli with passengers but dont think I got the kills because they bailed and it became a pilot tk probably.

The USMC get a littlebird with hellfires now so it should easily go the other way though it takes alot of hellfire to snuff out a tank

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X