Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want a clean reinstall..what are pitfalls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a clean reinstall..what are pitfalls?

Want to clean up my BF2 folder with a clean install as I have expansion packs etc. in there I never use.

Have the CD's and 1.41 patch on hand but don't want to lose my account info or settings.

Is just backing up the profiles folder enough (and where is again?? Found it a couple of times but be damned if I can remember where)?

Txs
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Want a clean reinstall..what are pitfalls?

The profiles folder should be in your mydocuments/battlefield2/profiles

Then its the NOT default one you want to copy. no gurentee that it'll work, so dont get too mad if it ditches all your settings.
    Skud

Comment

it doesnt ditch ur profiles and stuff, there is a window that pops up asking if you would like to keep your projiles or delete them.(little check mark boxes) Even if you do delete them by accident there is a retrieve account button at the login area
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

If you delete everything off your computer consisting of BF2 you will not lose your account at EA. You will however have to reconfigure your settings though. Either save the configurations or go in and manually write down on a peice of paper how you have all your settings, might be on the safe side to do this anyway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X