OFFICIAL Project Reality v0.6 Download Resource Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL Project Reality v0.6 Download Resource Thread

The file is in the download section for our supporting members. There is a link there for both the native 2GB download. Tactical Gamer has a .609 public torrent up as well. The more downloaders/seeders we get on this the better!

Even if you're a SM, if you can download via the torrent it would be greatly appreciated!

Download PR .609 Torrent Here

You can distribute the torrent link freely.

If you are unfamiliar with BitTorrent type downloads and/or need a good client, Tactical Gamer recommends Azureus 2.5 which is available by clicking here.

When you are done downloading, please leave your BitTorrent client open to help seed the other downloaders.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: OFFICIAL Project Reality v0.6 Download Resource Thread

Two more high-capacity seeds have been brought on-line. They are currently syncing up with the initial seed we put online. Once that has completed, TG will be pushing 2MB/sec into the cloud.

(Yes, that's 2MB and not 2Mb)

Comment

Any reports on performance? All three high-capacity seeds are up and running 100%. I see a bunch of peers, but I would love to know how well this is performing now that all the seeds are online. I may bring up another 1-2 high capacity seeds later this evening depending on how many peers are connected in a couple hours.

Comment

Well, none of them work for me. 70.84.146.202 shows up as a peer (fully established connection), but not DL from it. I'm uploading at 60K

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
          Any reports on performance? All three high-capacity seeds are up and running 100%. I see a bunch of peers, but I would love to know how well this is performing now that all the seeds are online. I may bring up another 1-2 high capacity seeds later this evening depending on how many peers are connected in a couple hours.
          I got on right after You brought the first one up, lucky timing reading the other thread I suppose. Other then the power cutting off for a few seconds it's ran fine. So unless your upload power overwhelmed my poor DSL modem and caused the electrical power to cut out at my home, I'd say it's running fine.

:)

Thanks for setting this up.

Comment

This is what I am seeing

does torrent just 'find' the TG seeds or do I have to tell it where to go ?

EDIT
            further investigation under task properties / advanced tab / tracker list - shows - http://70.84.146.202:6969/announce

EDIT 2
            I will follow Apo's advice and upload well above the 1:1 ratio so that POE2 is faster for me

Comment

high speed? i keep getting transfer rates at 5 or 6 kbs that freakin SUCKS! my normal running speed is 300+ im sure u can see why i am a bit pist off.
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

As many of you may or may not know, the more you upload, the faster your download rates will be. This can be cumulative on any single tracker. So if you upload a bunch after your DL is complete and get your ratio above 1:1, your future downloads will be given greater priority and more bandwidth.

This will be beneficial for the PoE2 torrent that you're going to see us offer as well. :)

DickBlonov; what are you using for a client?

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                  high speed? i keep getting transfer rates at 5 or 6 kbs that freakin SUCKS! my normal running speed is 300+ im sure u can see why i am a bit pist off.
                  You may have port/firewall issues and/or your ISP my be restricting the bandwidth allowed for torrents. Alternatively, you may not have given enough time for your client to connect to all the seeds/peers and come up to speed. I often start torrent downloads that start at pathetic speeds but after 10-15 minutes ramp up to very nice download rates.

But no, I don't see why you're "pist off". You can always download elsewhere. :)

Comment

DickBlonov; what are you using for a client?
                    Azureus (running on a CentOS 5 box). Both TG feeds behave the same; I get 40-60 K for about 5-10 seconds, then, nada. Have not seen this with other torrents (The last was a 3.8G DVD image). So far DL: 522MB, UL 363MB :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                      Azureus (running on a CentOS 5 box). Both TG feeds behave the same; I get 40-60 K for about 5-10 seconds, then, nada. Have not seen this with other torrents (The last was a 3.8G DVD image). Strange. So far DL: 522MB, UL 363MB

DB
                      That is strange. Have you tried adding another torrent from another site to see if it's just something that's occurring with just the TG tracker or something that's just being flakey at this moment in time for all torrents from your location?

I would probably double check the ports/forwarding and see if your external IP address has changed.

EDIT: It actually seems as though your client isn't updating the tracker properly. The numbers you report are quite different than the numbers the tracker is acknowledging for your specific IP.

Comment

You may have port/firewall issues and/or your ISP my be restricting the bandwidth allowed for torrents. Alternatively, you may not have given enough time for your client to connect to all the seeds/peers and come up to speed. I often start torrent downloads that start at pathetic speeds but after 10-15 minutes ramp up to very nice download rates.

But no, I don't see why you're "pist off". You can always download elsewhere. :)
                        you see, i started the down load at around 12:00 and i checked on it around 1 and it was only 1.2 percent done with a rate of 11 kbs. So i went to filecloud and i am downloading it the old way at 177 kbs. so i am much happier with the old way.

Here is the one off filecloud(but ONLY use this if you cant get a torrent to work because seeding is MOST important)

http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/...file_id=523490
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

That is strange. Have you tried adding another torrent from another site to see if it's just something that's occurring with just the TG tracker or something that's just being flakey at this moment in time for all torrents from your location?

I would probably double check the ports/forwarding and see if your external IP address has changed.

EDIT: It actually seems as though your client isn't updating the tracker properly. The numbers you report are quite different than the numbers the tracker is acknowledging for your specific IP.
                          Thanks. I'll dig into it :)

DB

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                            Thanks. I'll dig into it :)

DB
                            It turns out I had the tracker and initial seeds configured to only connect to 5 peers. So only 5 people were getting direct connections from the main seeds and all others were only getting data from other peers.

I upped that limit so more people will be getting data from the primary seeds but not so many that the overall bandwidth grinds to a halt for everyone. As more seeds come on-line after people finish the DL the speeds should pick up significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                              you see, i started the down load at around 12:00 and i checked on it around 1 and it was only 1.2 percent done with a rate of 11 kbs. So i went to filecloud and i am downloading it the old way at 177 kbs. so i am much happier with the old way.
                              Short term happiness is good, I guess. I would bet that if you left the torrent going, you would have drastically exceeded the 177kb/s and the DL would finish before the filecloud DL. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X