Too many maps...solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many maps...solution?

We all know that there are plenty of maps for PR, but you are probably thinking to yourself..."self...why does TG only play 6 maps?".

Quick answer, some maps have known bugs, some are CRAZY one-sided, and some are just too boring. After all, it is the BETA. But the problem is everyone has a different opinion on each map. Some can't stand Bi Ming, while others love it. Some hate Helmand, while others adore it.

Here is what I want to propose to everyone at Tactical Gamer.

What about having a different "map pack" every week. Switching maps and the rotations every monday. This way we will ALL be happy and some maps we will be played that havent really had a chance here on TG.

Thoughts and opinions please:)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Too many maps...solution?

This sounds like an excellent idea. Some players like maps that are easy to navigate and others like being able to take advantage of difficult terrain on "hard" maps. Personally, I like the deck stacked against me as much as possible as it makes it far more challenging for me on a personal level.

I think setting up a rotation of different maps each week would certainly help expose players to all the maps that are out there (short of the ones that are actually broken) and provide a good balance for all the different player types.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Plus it keeps the server fresh as well....would love to see that idea put in place.
      Gerardnm

Comment

If the maps are all still 4 hours long then this idea would be perfect. I would really hate to be waiting 2-3 days just to play the maps I prefer.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
          This sounds like an excellent idea. Some players like maps that are easy to navigate and others like being able to take advantage of difficult terrain on "hard" maps. Personally, I like the deck stacked against me as much as possible as it makes it far more challenging for me on a personal level.

I think setting up a rotation of different maps each week would certainly help expose players to all the maps that are out there (short of the ones that are actually broken) and provide a good balance for all the different player types.

I agree to a point. Just playing Devil's Advocate here but the rotation each week could also drive players away from the server as well. I feel a poll coming on......
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

How about 3 sets of 6?

We can slowly come up with ideas for the sets over the next week. Plus rep for the idea :)

Balence each of the 3 sets to have long ones, hard ones, and fast ones. Red fish blue fish green fish etc.
            Skud

Comment

Interesting idea Dirt!

It would be cool if the map lists were published in the forum if this is implemented, so that players know what to expect/when to connect.

Comment

IMO the only maps that are not worth playing in PR is the following:

Raid on Moskyie
                Street
                Desert Storm

all the other maps I think are prety high quality...

Comment

Well I don't really care either way, it seems like theres a different map everytime I connect anyway.
                  Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

See, to me, bad maps come in a few different types...

Type 1) These maps have poor map design, they are made to be in favor of one side or another, and reflect that by constant lopsided victories.

Tpye 2) These maps may be ok on the surface, but due to ticket counts become bad maps as the setup doesn't reflect a solid ticket balance/bleed balance.

Type 3) airdale maps: These maps have good intentions, but end up with to many people wasting time doing nothing waiting for air vehicles to spawn instead of doing something useful to their team...

Type 1 you can't really do anything about, you either play it and take/give the lumps, or you leave it off the rotation. Types 2 and 3 however can be adjusted to increase their playability by tweaking various settings and equipment loadout.

Example: the new Basrah I think would play wonderfully with a 30-40 minute time limit. That put's pressure on the Brit's to find and destroy the cache's while keeping the insurgents back in a proper defensive posture. I mean, let's face fact's. With the new method of tickets bleeding off and being added, the longer the map goes on, the advantage slides to the Brit's. Currently the Brit's can and should hang back, wait for all the weapon depot's to be revealed, then move in to destroy them.

Just food for thought.

Comment

I don't care what order the maps are played in as long as the bad one's aren't there and the good ones have sensible time limits.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                        IMO the only maps that are not worth playing in PR is the following:

Raid on Moskyie
                        Street
                        Desert Storm

all the other maps I think are prety high quality...

Never played those but wouldnt mind a look sometime.

This is a great idea. Long map lists cause the server to topple over afaik so 3 sets of 6 is probably good and would allow maps people like each week as well as new ones

Agree with Morganan too, insurgency is biased to brits, though Ive yet to play in 0.6

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I am always up for swapping out maps for a different one that does not get played as much. I think the idea is ok but maybe if they can't do it for a whole week maybe one night or 2 out of the week. Just have it on a night that isn't passworded.

Comment

I like how the maplist is changing often. Where can I get hold of raid on moskyie, I was just doing a google for it and this thread popped up but not much else

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

How about taking the approach that the server run a number of permanent maps in rotation, but each week one or two maps are added to the rotations and feat. that week?

Having a series of maps as a solid backbone of the server will keep our regular players, while I guess that most of us can appriciate the flavour of one or two "new" maps each week.
                              sigpic
                              The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...