Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality Player's Guide

Reality Guide

A must read for any player, new and old.

I for one did not know you can shoot civilians if they're on a ladder or rope. I also wasn't up to speed on the intelligence gathering on Al Basrah insurgency. But all is explained here.

Civilians may be run over with a vehicle or shot while using vehicles, ladders or ropes without any penalty or bonus.

Re: Project Reality Player's Guide

cause technically a rope or ladder is a vehicle.... and you CAN shoot them when they are in vehicles.... just a side effect type thing...

Comment

Pickup insurgent kits briefly even if you dont want them. Searching dead players kits gains information on weapons caches

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I dont know, is it just me or is the civilian stuff kinda crappy? I mean, I see a person physically assisting the insurgent's, is he not a combatant and therefore a target? I see someone giving an insurgent medical attention he is no longer a non-combatant unless he is a member of the red cross, is he not?

I don't know, being a non-combatant isn't a black or white thing which unfortunately is all the engine allows for.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
          I dont know, is it just me or is the civilian stuff kinda crappy? I mean, I see a person physically assisting the insurgent's, is he not a combatant and therefore a target? I see someone giving an insurgent medical attention he is no longer a non-combatant unless he is a member of the red cross, is he not?

I don't know, being a non-combatant isn't a black or white thing which unfortunately is all the engine allows for.
          Even though the system is not perfect, I think the civilian stuff is absolutely brilliant when the teams know how to play and follow the rules. It adds an element of confusion to the battle when you enter an enemy held area. Just like reality, there is a bit of hesitancy as one tries to determine who is an enemy combatant and who is not. During the beta, I've had some very unique gaming experiences and had a huge feeling of accomplishment at times by not shooting civilians and eliminating the insurgent.

I don't think of these green jump suit guys as true innocents. They are there to aid the enemy "covertly" and since they appear to be non combatants, shooting them would have disastrous consequences to winning hearts and minds when it appears on the BBC or CNN.

However, civilians can ruin the game if the players on the server do not know or care about the rules and simply shoot everyone in sight.

Comment

Shooting a civilian is -25 points with negative score being an auto kick so hopefully people will learn.

Also shooting a civilian adds 10 tickets to the insurgent score rather then deducting from allies so it shouldnt cause the game to end prematurely

I think its a great idea, totally what pr is about. They can only indirectly influence combat and so are not valid targets, if you won their hearts and minds they could just easily choose to heal the allies but they dont because you are infidel :p

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I love the aspect that the civilians add to the game. It is awesome to see them peering over roof tops knowing that you have been spotted and an ambush may be around the corner.

I believe that the gameplay with the civilians will improve dramatically over the next few days. Keep educating the new players on how the game should be played and we will all reap the benefits.
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

The civilian stuff worked out really well during the beta, just give new people time to either figure stuff out or go back to vbf2.
                Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Hi all

I love the civilian class. At first I was a bit put off by playing as the civilian but I though it out and now understand its usefulness, ie; spotting enemy movement, healing teammates, granting access to rooftops.

Funny story. I was on US team. Found myself alone in city area and spotted a civilian crossing the street just ahead of me. I gave chase. He saw me right away and turned back. He rounded the corner just 10 meters ahead of me. Thinking that I was going to "arrest" him and feeling pleased with myself for helping my team I rounded the corner with my knife at the ready. Only to come face to face with his three heavily armed buddies. DOH! I'm sure that if I could have heard their VOIP chatter I would have been deafened by the laughter.

I hope to employ the "Lead the Fox to the Hounds" tactic sometime in the future myself.

NOTE: If you run Civi's over or shoot them while in a car/ladder ect you don't get penalized but you also don't get any BONUSES or points for you team. So "arrest them"

StoneFish

PS. Lets all be a bit kinder to the new players who have neglected to read the guide. Answer a question or two and remind them that all the info is in the guide. I cringe to see some sourpuss type "I'm so sick of dumb questions, go read the guide N00B!!!!", or some variation of the like. Not everyone is as cool as you (insert sourpusses name) your highness.
                  Last edited by StoneFish; 07-18-2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Ok. When you install PR, it puts the guide and wiki on your desktop. Any curiousity at all would at least make you skim them.

RTFM - Read The Freakin' Manual
                    Skud

Comment

Civs... lol love them so much. I've had so many hilarious moments with these. The best was sniping with Black ops nerds are cool (or cougar perhaps).

I was a sniper on the edge of the city, he was a civ, standing in the middle of the desert. He would then make contact while in my view, making sure not to get run over. Then the Brits came up to knif him (or got out of their apc's) he would run straight towards me, lining them up for the perfect shot. I believe we killed about six or 8 like this. At one point a whole squad was chasing him :).

It was just golden to see them come right up to him, get lined up perfectly, and a meter from nerds ...bang....sky!

There is just so much you can do with the civs. The new insurgency also does an excellent job of not forcing the insurgents to attack. It is perfectly valid to wait it out in an ambush, as your team will not lose because staying back deprives the us of intelligence.

Comment

Civvies were great on Helmand today, I was in a Brit squad and I believe there were more green shirts than turbans. We won easily it seemed like everybody knew not to shoot them (although there were a few times we just couldn't resist). They would rope up on top of a building and we would just ram the building with a Land Rover and then knife em. It was also pretty funny how they tried to protect the insurgents by standing in front of them, yet failed miserably thanks to the excellent SA80's accuracy. I had a few kills between the legs of civvies. Thumbs up on civvies.
                        Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Can't remember the players I had played the game with but we had an alternating column going, civvies, insurgent, civvie, insurgent. With this column we did so much good, when civvie was getting chased he would just lay down and then the insurgent loaded the enemy with bullets, if that insurgent got shot and died, then the civvie behind him most likely got shot as well, causing our tickets to increase, after that civvies dropped the last insurgent took out that enemy. So, he was out for a a long spawn time, lol.
                          I felt like the 3 other people that helped me to do this were great and we helped our team out a lot. Many different and sometimes funny tatics could be used with civvies.

Comment

One person in my squad had a 300 second spawn time yesterday.

Thats just a temporary rise but deaths will add a permanent rise and capturing a flag will reduce spawn time by 3 seconds apparently

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                              Many different and sometimes funny tatics could be used with civvies.
                              Exactly :). Earlier this evening Fuzz made us form a human shield, 3 civies covering 3 insurgents, then moving step by step. It was really hilarious when a 50 cal mowed us all down. Later on we held the gate below, constantly repairing it then standing behind till it blew -> + 50 tickets :D.

It 's a great change in gameplay, I love em.
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X