Are the # of tickets going to be changed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the # of tickets going to be changed

I had thought that the 500 or so tickets was a fact of the beta testing, not of the production PR. Will these be lowered anytime soon?

Re: Are the # of tickets going to be changed

We have them set to 100%, which means that the ticket counts are set to how the maps were designed to be played.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I really like the 0.6 ticket settings. Long games where coordination and tactical gameplay can make a huge difference.

Comment

Well, I personally would like to vote for reducing the number of tickets. 400+ tickets per team makes my nightly gaming session a one map affair.

In my limited experience, I find that :
        -the squads tend to swap out members(and SLs) over the course of a couple hours.
        -you end up fighting over the same place ad nauseum
        -commanders pop in and out as well.
        -if you absolutely hate a particular map, you have little desire to wait it out until the map changes so you leave.

Comment

I think most maps are playing great with their current tickets.

Donagel can you please specifically state what maps you think have too high tickets? State exactly how many tickets each side starts with and then please state how many tickets you think it SHOULD start with. This is much more useful than asking generically for all tickets to be decreased as most players I think are enjoying the longer rounds.

Comment

Yea screenshots help with feedback, next time I play Kashan I might try capturing the map and scores every hour or so :p

There was a few maps yesterday that passed in 40 mins or so because one team just got blitzed despite them not being terrible particularly. Thats probably going to happen again while we have alot of new people on the server finding their feet

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
              As lead tester for the mod, I can't imagine you would say anything different...

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
              We have them set to 100%, which means that the ticket counts are set to how the maps were designed to be played.
              I would suggest you hop on the server for a few day's to make sure you see all the maps in a gaming environment and then see if you feel the same way.

Comment

Yea I really like the longer rounds, and usually my squad stays together for at least one round.
                Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Donagel can you please specifically state what maps you think have too high tickets? State exactly how many tickets each side starts with and then please state how many tickets you think it SHOULD start with. This is much more useful than asking generically for all tickets to be decreased as most players I think are enjoying the longer rounds.
                  Well qwai river is totally crap with the current set up, because the bleed is not working off course. If this can't be fixed by a server-side update (I believe it can) , adjusting tickets could help temporarily.

Comment

How is it they were always changing tickets and bleed point on basra in 0.5 but they cant change this now?

Just to confirm, Irontaxi did state he intended the last chinese base to be a bleed point

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

We have fixed the bleed on Qwai on our server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yeah, Will do. I guess I should have started this thread as a question about what people thought about the longer rounds. To me, if a map is intentionally designed with the goal of generating 2+ hours of play time, then I am going to have a problem. I don't mind the occational long engagements, but when it seems to happen everytime, it tends to make me want to look elsewhere for entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                          We have fixed the bleed on Qwai on our server.

Thats great thanks, so maps are adjustable still then :)

2 hour games happened plenty on 0.5 from what I remember, 90 mins is ideal I think with the game swinging either side of that depending on how close the battle is.

Kashan is the biggest offender in my mind at present due to its obvious size it can become stagnant.

We had a great game on it yesterday though, A10 giving some great support and responding to calls for air strikes, etc

Comment

Nah, most rounds were over in an hour give or take. Steel thunder and Basrah were the 2 worst offenders for overly long maps.

I'm with Donagel here, what do you think Fuzzhead should be the average time a map should take to complete? I'm sure I am in the minority here, but I like to be able to play maps from start to finish and 2+ hours is entirely to long for a map to take to finish as an average time. 1 hour should be the goal you guys strive for.

Comment

For those of you who, like Donagel, are not interested in very long rounds but still want to experience TG-BF2 gameplay, let me take this opportunity to remind you that a major update to PoE2 will be releasing this weekend. This is a very polished mod and the round times are about 45 minutes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X