Kashin Desert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashin Desert

Other than being a pilot, what makes this map so great. Everything is way too far away in my opion. Just wanting to get thoughts, maybe I am overlooking something.

Re: Kashin Desert

How about using ground vehicles to get around? It's not like there aren't enough ground vehicles.

I really like the large size of the map. It promotes intelligent use of vehicles and of rally points. More open maps like this one is what PR needs IMO.

Also, I like you came. That was my avatar for years on Burial-Grounds (Best Quake 3 community ever). Good memories, thank you.

Comment

In theory its a great map for tanks as well I suppose because they have that great zoom and fire ability at range.
      Im not a jet pilot or tank user especially so I dont especially like this map. More needs to be made of the two central flags for it to cater to all imo. The distance forces an advantage to whichever team is more mobile and quicker to react

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It's pretty decent for heavy AT or Sniper as well. Plus combat engineers in the bunkers are pretty useful.

Comment

It would be nice to have a map that size with an urban area ending with suburbs, simulating the border of a large city. A bit like Basrah, except much bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by geogob View Post
            It would be nice to have a map that size with an urban area ending with suburbs, simulating the border of a large city. A bit like Basrah, except much bigger.
            that would be ba. with some light vehicles and attack choppers

"Live for something rather than die for nothing!" ~Patton

Comment

I really like assaulting north and south bunker with a good squad, and trying to hold them is just as much fun. I'm not much of a tanker and I haven't flown in .6 yet but I still like this level.
              Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

rgr that. Thanks for all the input and a little, "both sides of the story" I will give this map another go round. Thanks guys!

Comment

I love sniping, whenever I get the chance I pick one up and take to a hiding spot to try to cover my team as they are trying to get a flag. What I do hate though is when someone gets in a vehicle and takes off with no passengers and then if it is an APC they run it straight into the enemy for it to get destroyed. Therefore leaving the team with one less spawn and relying on the RP to spawn on. Most of the time SL will put RP where it seems enemies find it instantly and destroy it, then you need to restart all the way back at the main or some other place that equals the distance to the moon away from where we need to be at and no vehicles cause someone drove them into the enemy for them to destroy it instantly.

Comment

I hate the map

Comment

My feelings on this map: "meh"

It has its good days and its bad days. I am an infantryman mostly, so this map usually doesn't appeal to me. But if you are in a good squad and hold the bunker flags it can be a blast.
                      Xfire= ouchiegiver1

Comment

I had my first air squad on this map 2 days ago and I had one of the best times ever on it. Flying the warthog, covered by two migs is simply awesome. I can't believe how easy it was to take out ground vehicles with it. The laser guided missile shows you valid targets only and mobile AA is pretty much useless against you, which makes your only enemy the F16.

Tanks are nothing without air support and infantry is only valuable within the two center CP 's... that 's pretty much what it comes down to.
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN View Post
                          My feelings on this map: "meh"

It has its good days and its bad days. I am an infantryman mostly, so this map usually doesn't appeal to me. But if you are in a good squad and hold the bunker flags it can be a blast.
                          Thats why I think holding both bunkers should cause the enemy to bleed. Tons of jets,etc but still the ground fight is where its at

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yeah it's great map for tank. You can see the enemy from far away and the tank's shot almost flies bullet streight so you always hit the target if you dont aim too high.
                            I dont know about the jets but from what I have seen it's open shooting rainge for them. I dont fly jets, I never have.

It needs some improvements tho. Infantry hasnt got any cover. They'll get picked off off the desert before they reach hill or something that is enough to call cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
                              It needs some improvements tho. Infantry hasnt got any cover. They'll get picked off off the desert before they reach hill or something that is enough to call cover.
                              The reason why I love grabbing the sniper rifles and laying low and letting them come to me on this map. Getting 1000M shots at enemy and dropping them is kinda of fun, they usually have no idea where the shots are even coming from and seeing them running around like a chicken with it's head just cut off is enough to make me laugh till tears come to my eyes. BUT then there usually is the ONE smart enemy soldier that flanks a mile away so I never see him and sneaks up behind me and then I get KNIFED. If that ain't embarrassing I don't what is, lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X