Supporting members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting members

Is there a place where I can get more information about supporting member accounts (other than the types and how much they cost)?

What are the requirements? What are the advantages? Free food?

Re: Supporting members

Heh, well, I believe I can answer the questions youve got there. Supporting membership gets you a reserved slot on all of the servers that TG hosts, as well as chance for admittance to all of the various In-House Squads, access to the SM-only forums, advance preference for scrim sign-ups (sometimes, not always), and it shows everyone that you care about helping TG. There are no requirements to become one, with the sole excpetion of payment.

Sorry to say, theres no free food.

Pricing info, even though you said you dont need it, can be found here.

Comment

Annnnnd the SM user download page. :)

I'm buying a yearly membership as soon as I have the extra cash.
      Skud

Comment

And the SM Arcade...man...what would I do without TG Arcade!!!
        | | |

Comment

Actually accomplish what you set out to do when you boot up your computer :p
          Skud

Comment

I'll add a TG email account and web space to the list. In short you get a ton of "perks" and a warm fuzzy for helping a great community for a small monthly fee.
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Is it open to everyone; by that I mean players being members of teams like Ghost Dogs? That's more a political/philosophical question than a technical question.

Ghost Dogs really share the same values as Tactical Gamers do (on the PR server anyway). It could an interesting thing for GD members to take part actively in the TG community and become supporting members in the interest of these values. But it is also agaist our policy to allow our members to be enlisted in other teams or clans. If being a supporting member doesn't imply being member of a TG squad, I guess it would be fine.

Comment

TG is not a clan. It is, in my mind, a loose association of players holding the same gaming values as eachother, that enjoy playing with one another. Even IHS' are pretty relaxed, and they dont particularly act like a clan.

By paying an SM, you only help support TG servers and all the great things the community has to offer. You arent locked in.
                Skud

Comment

Skud speaks the truth. TG is by no means a clan. We typically refer to ourselves as a community. The TG server are all paid for by the supporting memberships. There is also no pressure whatsoever to become a supporting member. If you want to then that is outstanding, if not then play with us anyway and enjoy the great camaraderie you get with this community.
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...Tactical_Gamer
                    Check out the member features section.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Thank you all for your answers. This is very interesting :)

Thanks for the wiki link. Will read through it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X