Server Issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Issues?

The TG server seems to be crashing an ungodly amount. At least 2 to 3 times a day. Was just on for all of 2 minutes before it went down. You guys trying a new provider or is it just the newest version of PR?

Re: Server Issues?

Ive noticed lag has been an issue lately, seems to get progressively worse as the round continues, also Ive seen a sudden influx of high ping players with at least 200 or greater ping. My system runs smooth 90% of the time but whenever the game slows down drastically for me I check out the score boards and notice at least 2-3 players with 250 ping and above, best part is they wonder why their kill death ratio is 1 kill 16 death.

Comment

Same provider and box as before. Must be related to the new release.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I don't think it crashes any more than before, it just seems that it always takes 2-3 restarts & 2-3 map changes before its back up and running. This is usually because of one of two reasons - Map change crashes, or Squad bugged. I blame BF2. ;)

Comment

I too have noticed lag. Was thinking it was on my end but started asking some other people in my squads I have been in and getting some that are saying the same thing. I also will agree that it is crashing more than it use to. When I am getting the lag I check the score box and my ping is still around 40 others have said their pings are not increasing either but still have lag like problems. Just wondering if maybe the final is more demanding than what the beta was and my old slow computer(along with some others) is the problem?

Comment

It must be the new release, because these issues seem to be occurring across the board for most players.
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I think the lag is the same and it does crash a bit more yea.

Ive fished out 256meg of memory I had spare in my drawer so now Ive got 2.25gig and seem to be ok but I think 2 gig should just about be ok too even on high.

The amount of video ram you have counts too I think. The game takes about 380meg for me and I only have 256meg video ram so its eating up some of the main ram there

Try testing the change from kashan to helmond, I think that crashes for some reason

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I think a server side patch is going to at least help these problems, because i too am getting some lag where its just not appropriate. I was fine a couple days ago.
                Skud

Comment

Well, been playing tonight and the server crashed twice so far.

I can't seem to play two rounds without crashing, either it 's the server or it 's my client. I seem to crash every two rounds on mapload, this is really getting annoying. From what I remember these problems started with the first release client, before that this never happened.

I 'm gonna do a complete reinstall of BF2 and PR one of these days, hope it helps cause this is really unpleasant.
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

It would be extremely helpful for us if you list the map that was playing when the server crashed. That will help us decide on what actions if any need to be taken.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Last crash I saw was on oilfields (the vanilla port one). No idea what caused it, its been fine in the past

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by WAAPURR View Post
                        Ive noticed lag has been an issue lately, seems to get progressively worse as the round continues, also Ive seen a sudden influx of high ping players with at least 200 or greater ping. My system runs smooth 90% of the time but whenever the game slows down drastically for me I check out the score boards and notice at least 2-3 players with 250 ping and above, best part is they wonder why their kill death ratio is 1 kill 16 death.
                        GUILTY:row__573:

I have been playing with 230 ping for a while and havent had a problem yet(other than crazy hitboxes;)). I have played the Beta and v.05 and the server was running fine.

Wimpinator said it all...let us know what maps are causing this.
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I don't think the crashes are map related, I 've seen it crash on 4 maps at least. Either during loading but also during a round... hard to tell what 's causing it.

Anyway, if it crashes when I 'm there I will keep you guys informed.

PS: What ever happened to 250 being the max ping? Last night we had a guy playing with a ping of 1000...
                          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I ALWAYS get crash when trying to play some map I recall was something like B?? M???
                            The loading screen had some dude in it in grassy area. I think it had night theme because the sky seemed really dark.
                            Around halfway loading it, and I get crash. Every time. I tried 4 times and then decided to stay away from that map.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
                              I ALWAYS get crash when trying to play some map I recall was something like B?? M???
                              The loading screen had some dude in it in grassy area. I think it had night theme because the sky seemed really dark.
                              Around halfway loading it, and I get crash. Every time. I tried 4 times and then decided to stay away from that map.
                              yeah today there were always four- five people with 250+ pings on the server
                              Gerardnm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X