Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only supporting member that hates to join a full server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only supporting member that hates to join a full server?

I donated to support the server as I enjoy playing whenever I get the chance.

I hate to join a full server though because I'm concious of the fact that I am going to be replacing someone and for all I know , that player might be on the verge of winning the round for his team.

Maybe he's the crew man bringing the APC up to cover the final assault on the last objective...don't know.

Ah well...guess that's just me.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Am I the only supporting member that hates to join a full server?

As a non-SM, I have experienced exactly that first hand, usually as a squad leader attacking a final flag.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

I commend you on your considerate nature beerhunter. It is a reality non-supporting members have to face, and it is pleasant to know TG members are conscious of this.

May all your hunts be successful,

Al.

Comment

Yep, the biggest problem is a SL/CO being kicked. Nothing worse than losing one of those or being in such a position yourself...

Just something we have to live with :).
        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Dont worry about it. Chances are the person kicked may be a total loss for his team and deserves a kick anyway or it could be you kick a great player who has been hogging the jet, heli, HAT, etc the whole round and someone else gets a well deserved use of that asset

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I wasnt ever kicked before a couple days ago. Now I'm being kicked at least 2 times a day, even if I've only been on for 40 mins. :( High scores ftl.
            Skud

Comment

I just got kicked while leading an awesome airsquad on Kashan Desert. Me and one of the SM 's were capping South Village just when I got kicked... talk about bad timing.

What was even worse is that I got back in only 1 minute later, in the other team... :(.
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I havent been kicked from server to make room for supporting member but I hate when server autobalances and I've finally found good voip team to play with and the other team hasnt got any teamplayers or voip users.

Comment

Funny when its a pilot and he is in the middle of transporting a squad :icon_lol:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    Funny when its a pilot and he is in the middle of transporting a squad :icon_lol:
                    Rofl. That would sure be ankward situation. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
                      Rofl. That would sure be ankward situation. :D
                      "Control tower to Foxtrot 16 , come in... Come in f16, ..... F16 do yo hear us ...damn, he must have passed the Bermuda triangle!"

Comment

I had that happen on the TG server a couple days ago on al Jabar. Full transport helo, and as we were starting to land the pilot got kicked for a SM. Needless to say we all crashed and burned.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

It can be surprising how far a heli can fall in the game and be ok. I got shot (dead ) at 50feet and the heli was fine.
                          Ive heard of helis having total engine failure in real life and you can do some fancy trick that rotates the blades for minimal lift/glide - its survivable.

If you get engine failure as a pilot after being shot at prehaps, the best thing might be to jump out before the ground or at least change to a passenger position. The game seems to consider the idea of autorotation with no pilot and it switches into ground physics mode or something.
                          Ive landed a cobra on fire that way, unfortunately it blew up anyway because I had no spanner to repair it :/

http://208.37.5.10/hs/hs_jul-aug91.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorotation

Comment

Heh, got kicked yesterday for an SM. Was "supporting" my squad with the only APC in the area, needless to say, what a waste of an asset.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                              I donated to support the server as I enjoy playing whenever I get the chance.

I hate to join a full server though because I'm concious of the fact that I am going to be replacing someone and for all I know , that player might be on the verge of winning the round for his team...
                              :icon14: to you for being team oriented! It is an un-avoidable reality though, and as an SM you are entitled to join the servers at anytime. I have occasionally held off until the beginning of a round on a full server to join, but this is by no means an expectation.

All we can do is encourage the non-SMs to sign-up so that they don't get bumped. :)

Also, just for clarification/curiosity purposes please note this excerpt from here:

Those who donate to help pay for the servers (Supporting Members) are given priority access over non-Supporting Members. When a SM joins the full server, the auto-admin script kicks the non-SM who has been playing on the server the longest. One player in & one player out, keeping the server population at 62/64, ready for the next supporting member to join. This is fair, as it gives everyone a chance to play and experience our way of gaming.

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                              if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X