Question about attendence / playing time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about attendence / playing time

I've only played a few times mainly because of time restraints through the week. One of the nice things about DoD , RO etc. is that you can hop on , play for half an hour or so , the map will end and you can leave without disrupting a game in progress.

Few times I've played PRM , the games went on for hours and I thoroughly enjoyed them , especially if you were in a good squad planning and working together.

My gaming time is restricted because of RL stuff so I can't do this very often.I tend to fire up .5 SP for some mayhem for half an hour or so.

I don't feel comfortable joining a squad , only to end up having to leave half an hour or so later. I know many players do but PRM is unlike any other game I've ever played and I feel uncomfortable doing this.

Just wondering how |TG| squad leaders view this.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Question about attendence / playing time

When you leave, there's a space in the squad, and it's generally filled pretty quickly - there are no disadvantages to the squad when a player plays for a short amount of time and then leaves.

Basically, your leaving has no real tangible effect on the game unless you left as a speciality kit or in a vehicle. So join up and have fun for as long as you can.

Comment

Personally, I always try to complete the round despite this causing me some pain in the ears from the wife with the current duration of V0.6 maps...

If you've gotta go, just give your SL a heads up so someone can grab your kit as suggested above.

Please don't disconnect if you're piloting a helo...

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
        Please don't disconnect if you're piloting a helo...
        Just new to the game so I never take a specialty kit anyway..but good point.. :D :D
        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

As long as you arent the 4th in the squad, no complaints. 4 is the magic number.
          Skud

Comment

Im not sure if tickets were adjusted but alot of maps are ending much sooner now.

That Hills of Hamgyong map finished in 12 minutes the other day! Its bleeds from the first second for the usa troops and they are massacred on a virtual hamburger hill, death is a sweet swift release tbh.
            (To be fair I also saw a game where chinese won 1-0. Ie. very close game, they had 1 flag left - it was after a server restart so limited numbers..)

Imo you can make a difference in half an hour, you might not see the map finish but you can make it so its pretty certain what the result will be

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Mestia is WAY way WAY too fast on the bleed now. 45 mins just feels...brief.
              Skud

Comment

Well, Beerhunter, you've just pointed to one of my main peeves with PR. You just can't hop in for a short time and have fun.

I've always liked games where you have rather short game, with one team attacking, one defending, and something to destroy/capture. Street is a decent map in that way, but it is too small.

Most battles in PR seem like the WO1 battles in Passendale here in Belgium; weeks of fighting, gaining a yard, losing it, taking it back and so on...

I sometimes wonder how all these people make the time to play this game (me included:/).

Comment

Well sometimes you play for all of 5 minutes but you can leave that game sometimes KNOWING you made a real contribution. Sometimes i play an entire game and do worse than someone who has just hopped on the squad bandwagon and really given me a beating.

Comment

With the popularity of the Tactical Gamer server, whenever someone leaves someone joins in the next minute. So the squad spot fills fast.

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
                    When you leave, there's a space in the squad, and it's generally filled pretty quickly - there are no disadvantages to the squad when a player plays for a short amount of time and then leaves.

Basically, your leaving has no real tangible effect on the game unless you left as a speciality kit or in a vehicle. So join up and have fun for as long as you can.
                    Well said mingmong. I 99.9% agree with him :row__585: Don't know what the .1% is.
                    |TG|XCliPsX
                    Medic, Engineer, Squad Leader, Commander

Quote from the Tactical Gamer Primer:
                    Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Para View Post
                      Well sometimes you play for all of 5 minutes but you can leave that game sometimes KNOWING you made a real contribution. Sometimes i play an entire game and do worse than someone who has just hopped on the squad bandwagon and really given me a beating.

Ive definetly done that. GRabbed a grenade launcher, taken out a squad and then their RP too. Flag undefended it was ours for the taking, bingo.

Also if you rush in the first five minutes of a game and lay out 8 mines in good spots, you can lie back for maybe the rest of the game and get a great score and kills just from that 5 minutes of being in the right place and time.
                      I got 11 kills (inc. a tank, etc) once from that, because distance is especially important in the score calculations for some reason and I was miles away the score given is good too.

On the other hand Ive also spent most of a map walking back and forth between points never reaching either like a ping pong ball taken out by SAMs, getting 11 deaths, no kills, not achieving anything and rarely having a clue how I died even :/

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X