Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another thought regarding Forward attacks and other tactics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thought regarding Forward attacks and other tactics.

Please read:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24919

As said by [R-MOD]DukeMeister

"i dont think what you mention specifically is regarded as a 'violation' of AAS at all, it is merely the kind of strategic thinking that wins rounds and seems to be sadly defunct in many squads which cluster around the 'main objectives' such as the bridges in ghost train.

To win rounds squads must not only be skilled in-game, but require a level of fluidity and predictive thinking that minimizes the mass flag hopping effect of the entire team moving to the A or D marker."

Seems like Tactical Gamer needs to rethink its rules regarding the AAS, or at least be willing to discuss them.

Re: Another thought regarding Forward attacks and other tactics.

We do not prohibit forward attacks here. We just prohibit attacking 'main bases' before they are in-play.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yea its not going to help the team much if you dash across the entire battlefield just to go kill the 2-3 guys left at the enemy's main and then get yourself killed anyway. I've been in squads that held a position at a forward flag waiting for the one just before it to be capped. Usually we have to clear it out and defend it, basically fighting at an un-cappable base but with reason.
      Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

In the rules, there are clear exceptions where a player can enter an UCB (even the main base, often permanent UCB). From this point, you have to accept that firefights inside UCB are not always avoidable and will most likely occur.

That being said, server administrator should be aware of this and accept it as part of the exception.

Also, the server administrator should be aware of these exceptions to start with. I've seen whole squads being warned of kick and ban if they didn't leave an UCB area while there were there to search and destroy commander assets.

The rules also state:
        These attackers may also STAY in the opposition's UCB to make sure the destroyed structures STAY destroyed.
        From this I understand they are allowed to engage engineers and riflemans in UCB that attemp to replair destroyed assets. All this is clearly, from the live experiences I had on TG, not allowed by some server administrator. This causes a lot of confusion.

Furthermore, the TG server rules, state that these incursions should be made with the acknowledgment of the commander. But the rules do not specify the course of action while there is no commander in place.

Comment

Well what I am specifically regarding is attacking the Temple flag (in 7 Gates) which is not a UCB. I was told if I sent my squad into the Temple again to destroy RPs and lock ourselves into the flag area, while avoiding any sort of fight ahead of the team I would earn myself a kick. :(

Comment

I think there should be a clear distinction made in the rules regarding "UCB" and what I call permanent UCB (PUCB) - base that have the red circle though them, like the carriers.

Comment

Quoted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead

"I agree 100%. AFAIK tactical gamer is the only server that is so restricting on attacking other point. Please bring it up with them cause I think all is fair in tactics, and you should come with a tactic to overcome them, not whining.

If there is serious spawn killing issues on a map then that is something we need to deal with, but I dont see that happeening on most maps now (Al Kufrah is still prety bad). The idea with commander placed spawnpoints is that if you have a good team, you will have different spawnpoints and you will need to defend these points.

If your team is pushed back to their mainbase spawn, then either the enemy made a great assault or your team did a piss poor job of defending the other spawns."

Clearly I am not the only one that sees TG a little restrictive.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the TG server. I just wish they would be a little more open to tactical gameplay rather than mindless zombies following AAS.

Comment

Clearly I am not the only one that sees TG a little restrictive.
                For one, I don't think TG rules are over-restrictives or limiting in any reasonable way. The problem I see is that server admins are not following TG rules and are enforcing their own set of rules.

As I never discuss rules with a server admin on the server or go against their instructions or judgment, I simply comply with their instructions as told. But I'd really like to see either the server rules rewritten or to see them applied correctly by officials on the server.

The rules, as presented in these pages, are very reasonable and understandable. There are still some minor confusions (I pointed one out), but nothing too bad.

Comment

I believe it was fuzzhead himself who suggested that we treat 'main' bases as UCBs.

Other than that, as mentioned, forward attacks are permitted. What is NOT permitted on any CP is spawn camping -- which is just sitting around just to rack up kills. For that reason, you will often see squads sit between a forward CP and a contested CP so that they can intercept reinforcements.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Judging by the server ranking, most people seem to enjoy playing on a server that has rules to steer behaviour. Even people that don't like the rules, still like to play here, because the other servers are loaded with "smacktards". I wonder why that is :).

If all players on the server would perfectly adhere to the TG primer, we wouldn't need any rules. Until then, I can't imagine playing without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                      We do not prohibit forward attacks here. We just prohibit attacking 'main bases' before they are in-play.
                      I want to make sure I am clear on the rules. If squads 1&2 are on the way to take the bunkers on Kashan, squad 3 can maneuver to south village and engage enemy encountered? However, squad 3 can not attack the main base or position themselves to attack troops leaving the main base?

I am confused. My understanding was that your team had to have the AAS A target gray before attacking the next target. I will happily comply with whatever is decided. I think this really needs to be clarified and all of the admins and regular TGer's need to be on the same page. Thanks.

Comment

Forward attack means that you attack the next flag in AAS before it is in play. Tempus is saying that you can do forwards attack as long as you are not doing a forward attack on the main base (main base attacking).

As for TG rules, I like them. I think forward should be allow which it is. Just not a forward attack on a enemy main (main base attacking).
                        |TG|XCliPsX
                        Medic, Engineer, Squad Leader, Commander

Quote from the Tactical Gamer Primer:
                        Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Comment

Holding a front line is fine. UCB attacks arent. End of story. If it doesnt help the team, just dont do it. Its easy to see what helps and what doesnt.

Stalling an enemy at a gray uncappable flag right off the bat of a round is something I try to do within the rules. If it can give the team an edge, I'll sacrifice my squad or self to buy those extra minutes.
                          Skud

Comment

The ghost train temple attack is fine but the other two are a ucb attack and indirect ucb attack.

The main problem is they make for poor gameplay though it'd be great to play the perfect unregulated game with only one rule 'do whatever you like just win the game'

Some might say its fine to kill a man as he leaves his house, less rude then shooting him while he sleeps. I'd argue any decent gunfighter :icon21: would have no problem meeting him on the main street at high noon

:icon_lol:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul386 View Post
                              Well what I am specifically regarding is attacking the Temple flag (in 7 Gates) which is not a UCB. I was told if I sent my squad into the Temple again to destroy RPs and lock ourselves into the flag area, while avoiding any sort of fight ahead of the team I would earn myself a kick. :(
                              And that 's how it should be!

Temple in 7 Gates is a TUCB (Temporarily UCB... how I like to call it) unless it 's China 's last flag. It is not allowed to be attacked unless River Fort is taken by the Brits and especially not to take out RP 's, which will obviously go paired with spawnkilling... RP 's can't be seen as CO assets in any way.

If forward attacks are completely unrestricted, I don't think there will be much left of AAS and spawnkilling will be unavoidable.
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X