OK enough is enough damn it!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK enough is enough damn it!!

A while ago I posted about being feeling guilty joining a full server and ending up kicking someone.. Read it here.

I became a supporting member for a couple of reasons..one was to contribute to the cost of maintaining the server(s) the other was to ensure I wouldn't be the one being kicked if another supporting member joined.

My playing time is limited during the summer as there's just too much to do outside (yard work , house maintenance , winter wood supply , cutting up dead fall etc.)

I enjoyed participating in a short course a couple of weeks ago but since then I haven't been able to get on the damn server!! Tried yesterday and today on and off and it ALWAYS read 62/64 :row__683:

Now I ask you..how am I ever gonna learn to be a decent SL or earn merrit badges if I can't play..huh?? How? Huh?:row__594:

So..I am declaring my intention right here and right now to exercise my rights and take advantage of my status and be damned the consequences.

If you're not a paid up member then you damn well better not be flying a fully loaded BH on a full server.. :p

But you're safe for today as this PM I have to finish putting up the shed for our garden tractor , take the old truck to the dump and unload it and some other odds and ends...but TOMORROW.... :madsmile:
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: OK enough is enough damn it!!

You were kind for considering others' suffering, but you must take what is yours rightly beer-loving-man.

Comment

Maybe TG's PR server is popular enough to justify a second one? Just a thought.

Comment

BeerHunter, remember that being a SM is an equal opportunity thing. Everyone has the chance to come here and sign up, everyone has the chance to pay their 9 bucks a month to have reserved slots and all kinds of other goodies here at the greatest gaming community in the universe. Sure, sometimes I feel guilty about kicking people for my reserved slot, but the way I look at it is that if they liked the experience enough before they left, they'll come here and get their own reserved slot, much the same way you did, as well as many other SM's that have come to us through positive gaming experiences.

So dont feel too bad. You pay for your reserved slot. If someone else chooses not to, its their loss and they cant blame their being slotkicked on anything other than not getting themselves a membership. Sounds kinda cold, but it's true!

Comment

Originally posted by geogob View Post
          If we get to the point of the server being full of all SMs, then we can look at a second server. To do that, we need to get more of those server players to the forums. That's up to the community players to do. Invite your squad mates to visit.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

It should be other way round if anything, not paying should be the guility part. Usually your'll only kick off someone playing for over an hour or so.
            Stare at a flat screen for an hour and you risk doing your eyeballs some damage so you're doing them a favour tbh

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Im fine with being kicked by a supporting member. I know that they help pay to keep my favorite PR server up. Just that it takes forever to get back on :-P

Comment

Originally posted by geogob View Post
                This would be a very bad idea. The PR server is struggling already, because it lacks TG presence imo, already putting a burden on the quality of play. The more TG on the server, the less admin-ing is needed. Currently many people just join the biggest fullest server for just that its big and full. 2 PR servers would exponentially increase all problems that arise now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                  This would be a very bad idea. The PR server is struggling already, because it lacks TG presence imo, already putting a burden on the quality of play. The more TG on the server, the less admin-ing is needed. Currently many people just join the biggest fullest server for just that its big and full. 2 PR servers would exponentially increase all problems that arise now.
                  I think that's a very valid point.

On average per night , I wonder how many players on a full server would actually be contributing members?

I really think that many on line players in all games feel that once they've bought the game they are entitled to play it on line and aren't aware of the constant ongoing costs of running a server to accommodate them.

The annual fee here at TG isn't exorbitant by any means..amounting to a weeks worth of cigarettes ($12.00/pack CDN) or 3 cases of beer ($32.00 CDN for 15 cans of Kokanee).

We need a campaign to promote paid memberships to all factions in TG. Hell even the assigned web space and FTP access alone makes it worth it IMO , let alone access to the gaming servers.

Maybe the onus should be on us as players to entice the "pubbers" to come over here ,drop in and say hi and become a member of the community. They may not even be aware of the relatively low cost and benefits received by becoming a paid up member.
                  [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Not being a supporting member, I think I've only been kicked once in my life. TG is very kind when it comes to how long I play and 2 hours is enough for me. How long is the average time wait until you are kicked for a supporting member on a busy day?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBlinkin. View Post
                      How long is the average time wait until you are kicked for a supporting member on a busy day?
                      2 to 3 hours I think, which is not bad at all imo. Thing is you can get back in 2 mins later, so use the time to stretch your legs and get some more booze :D.

Once I get my VISA, I might become a SM... but as I only play like 4 evenings in the month, I 'm not sure if it 's worth it.
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X