Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about kit selection and joining squads..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about kit selection and joining squads..

Joining a game I nearly always pick a rifle man class as I'm most comfortable with that.

Process I use is .. pick kit , select squad to join ,join game,contact SL.

Sometimes though the SL will ask for s specific kit.

Wondering how you change kits without suicide or getting killed after joining the game.

And what if it's a kit I don't feel comfortable playing (might be one I've never used before).
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Question about kit selection and joining squads..

You can pick up kits laying on the ground...but thats it. Or just request one.

As for not being comfortable,how else are you going to get used to other kits? You never know,you might be an exelent support gunner...or great light AT. You have to step out of your comfort zone sooner or later. Why put it off?

Comment

You can spawn after joining a squad when you first join the server. This way you can join a squad, ask the SL which kit he needs, and set your spawn where he wants without having to worry about suicide or running across the map to group up with the SL.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

I will normally join squad first and, before spawning, ask SL for a specific kit. If no response or no preference, I check the rest of the squad's outfitting and see what's needed (usually Medic). Barring all that, Rifleman is my default choice.
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
          I will normally join squad first and, before spawning, ask SL for a specific kit. If no response or no preference, I check the rest of the squad's outfitting and see what's needed (usually Medic). Barring all that, Rifleman is my default choice.
          2nd that.

Very few players go medic, which I understand as the kit blows. They should have at least one nade and a better rifle... I find myself playing medic 70% of the time :(.

As SL I usually try to get 2 medics, 2 riflemen and one H-AT. Riflemen can change to support but all the others should hold kits unless another kit is needed (i.e. engineer to help out CO)... something I learned from Dirtboy :). I think requesting kits is one of the SL 's main tasks, most people tend to grab the same kit (especially rifleman) unless asked for another.
          Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
            What he said!

My default kit is Medic (one these days I'll learn to deal with threats/throw smoke before breaking out the paddles.) unless I join a dedicated Armour squad in which case I'll spawn Combat Engineer and sit behind the turret MG.

Comment

I really like the Medic class, although having a nade would indeed kick @ss. I dont think its the kit that blows, its half the guys using it... I wish I had a key bind to type out "Press fire to heal, retard!". No fun bleeding out while some jerk is standing next you just showing you hes got a bag in his inventory. *roll*

Comment

Originally posted by -=4th=-1/2Hawk View Post
                I really like the Medic class, although having a nade would indeed kick @ss. I dont think its the kit that blows, its half the guys using it... I wish I had a key bind to type out "Press fire to heal, retard!". No fun bleeding out while some jerk is standing next you just showing you hes got a bag in his inventory. *roll*
                Not to mention those who request a medic and then run away from you...
                Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                  Not to mention those who request a medic and then run away from you...
                  Even better are the players that don't follow you to the nearest cover after you revive them and keep calling for a medic expecting you to dash into an area taking enemy fire for a second time.

And keep still while I'm healing you, numbskulls!

Now I'm happy to heal and revive players from other squads, but if my SL is down/wounded or the squad is moving out, I'm looking out for my guys first.

I'll throw you all the field dressings I have, but I'm not staying...

Comment

I did pick up a medic kit once in a heavy fire fight. Was the first time I'd tried being a medic.

Blew all my paddle charges on some guy lying there then I find out there's only a certain amount of time after being shot that you can be revived. Gotta figure that one out (how to tell).

Then there's the guy lying there screaming MEDIC so I approach , scroll to the health kit , target him and not realizing in the heat of the moment I haven't changed to the healing kit .... fire. Rack up one TK :row__632:

Then there's the guys returning fire screaming MEDIC whose health bars are way down but do they look for cover and wait for me?? No.. they're running around with me chasing them with my healing kit extended ducking bullets at the same time. Eventually got nailed and returned as rifleman.

Haven't tried medic since.

But at least now I know how I should join the game..

Log on , select team/squad , ask SL if any special kits needed(didn't know you could talk to the SL without being in game),select kit and join game. Right??
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                      Then there's the guy lying there screaming MEDIC so I approach , scroll to the health kit , target him and not realizing in the heat of the moment I haven't changed to the healing kit .... fire. Rack up one TK :row__632:
                      Well, that's one way to get him back to full health! lol

Then there's the guys returning fire screaming MEDIC whose health bars are way down but do they look for cover and wait for me?? No.. they're running around with me chasing them with my healing kit extended ducking bullets at the same time. Eventually got nailed and returned as rifleman.
                      Yep, I play medic fairly often and encounter people like that all the time. If they are serious about getting healed I will make an effort, otherwise I just ignore them. Just like the guys you are trying to heal but they can't sit still so they keep on breaking your "lock" and slowing down the healing process.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

If the guy can scream Medic but wont revive... toss a field dressing on him and then shock him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                          2nd that.

Very few players go medic, which I understand as the kit blows. They should have at least one nade and a better rifle... I find myself playing medic 70% of the time :(.

As SL I usually try to get 2 medics, 2 riflemen and one H-AT. Riflemen can change to support but all the others should hold kits unless another kit is needed (i.e. engineer to help out CO)... something I learned from Dirtboy :). I think requesting kits is one of the SL 's main tasks, most people tend to grab the same kit (especially rifleman) unless asked for another.
                          I found having a support gunner,medic,2 riflemen and a light at as another good combination....especially with maps with little or no tanks (apc's will usually bug out after one light at hit). Medic and I will more or less stay in the back and/or middle of the squad,while support takes point. Engineer is a nessecity on 7 gates. With out a grappling hook,its tough to assault the fortified positions.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                            Blew all my paddle charges on some guy lying there then I find out there's only a certain amount of time after being shot that you can be revived. Gotta figure that one out (how to tell).
                            They start to turn clear after their revival time has expired, if you look closely you can see through them. Their kits vanish when their revive time is up too if its a pickup-able kit. Also check your map for the revive sign (although sometimes it doesn't show up).
                            Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Theres no difference now between someone totally killed and a critically wounded player? Thats a dam pain because combined with buggy no revive on slopes and corpses that dont decay you will only revive 33% of the time I think this version.

Combined with more available forward spawns, medic is pretty rare

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X