What happened to the insurgency maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the insurgency maps?

It's been about 3 weeks since I last played an insurgency map on the TG server - wut happened to them? Are they not in rotation anymore? and if so - why? Just wondering because I loved them - it was great setting up an actual ambush :P

Re: What happened to the insurgency maps?

Al Basrah was removed from the rotation because of excessive crashing.

Comment

what about the other maps?

Comment

There is only one insurgency mode map I think. (As opposed to conquest, AAS or extraction modes)

If you mean civilian insurgent maps then that'd be different. Desert storm is an usual map with a massive choke point. I thought it was ok but many didnt.

Helmand province Im not sure about. I saw a few crashes at the start of this map, maybe it was a problem also

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

sucks :( i like all those maps too

Comment

I never cared to much for any of the maps with civilians on it. Seemed like most people went civilians and ended up getting knifed and causing such a bad ticket loss. Try as you may to have some being covered with guns to keep them from getting knifed they would run around randomly and still get knifed. Only certain areas they were worth having, such as the choke point in Desert Storm, all standing by the gate to get blown up. Wish old Al Basrah map would come back though or better yet...just have the server side option of turning of whether or not civilians can be played in Insurgency maps. Most would probably opt for the "NO CIVVIES".

Comment

I also miss the insurgency maps, and hope they get added back when they have less issues with crashing.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

You guys missed out on the pleasure of playing AAS Basra. I thought it was great, brillant tactics with the civs going on in the beta and then Ive only briefly seen cvis since which is such a shame.
                Its like the jewel in the crown is missing, I hope it makes next version anyway

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Agreed... Insurgency maps are really a lot of fun. Ive seen a lot of civies lure Brits into an insurgent ambush on Basra - pretty freaking effective as people can get pretty knife happy when they see the green/white jumpsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    You guys missed out on the pleasure of playing AAS Basra. I thought it was great, brillant tactics with the civs going on in the beta and then Ive only briefly seen cvis since which is such a shame.
                    Its like the jewel in the crown is missing, I hope it makes next version anyway

AAS Basrah was crap, Insurgency is far superior because of the fight going across the whole map and actual infiltration as opposed to chopper and plane raining explosions on map leading to a long drawn out borefest.

The Insurgents definitely need to field less civilians though, but that is play style as opposed to map requirements (always had an excess of civs on Insurgent mode). Maybe a future release will have a Civilian limit like pick up kits do.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Civilian requesstable? How many though,5...15...one per squad? I think the one per squad would be good,but thats just me. Make a new base kit for the insurgents and give the 12 field dressings to them...maybe bring the doctor in some form or another back?

Comment

Sounds good actually. Limiting civilians is reasonable, prehaps having insurgents able to switch to civilian whenever they like (death and repspawn times being more common for them), is too unbalancing and leads to unnatural gameplay.

If they make it a requestable kit in order to limit it, it would be kinda strange but I guess an insurgent can resign his position and remain sympathetic to the cause.

I'd like to see insurgency on Assault on Mestia

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                          Only certain areas they were worth having, such as the choke point in Desert Storm, all standing by the gate to get blown up.
                          This is the major problem I have with civilians. This is *NOT* the proper thing to do e.g. civillians are nothing but ticket-gaining fodder. And it would have been my pleasure to see people kicked for doing things like that.

Civilians are not there for a full-civvy squad rush into the enemy. Civilians are not there for there to be 20 civilians so that when an objective blows up you gain 200 tickets. Civilians are not to be used to have 3 jump infront of the insurgents so that the USMC/Brits can't fire on the insurgent without risk of casualty, all of which i've seen used on insurgent maps. Civilians aren't there to jump ontop of a building and throw rocks at the other side with no repercussion because that side can't attack them. That kind of tactics is complete crap, imo.

Civilians ARE there as valuable scouts (binocs, inability to be shot at). Civilians ARE there to provide an "insurance" mix in a large group so things like helos or explosive rounds can't be used on the enemy. These are pretty much the primary goal for playing the civilian class, and it always pisses me off when people abuse them in ways that are tactically unsound and treat them like invincible rushers.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I agree with you...until your second sentence of the second paragraph.

Civilians are not to be used to have 3 jump infront of the insurgents so that the USMC/Brits can't fire on the insurgent without risk of casualty.
                            Viable tactic here...nothing wrong with that. The insurgents as a team can't fight like a regular army,due to them NOT being a regular army...It would be ridiculous to force them to fight with out this advantage. Its the opposing teams fault that they shoot civilians,its the insurgent team's brilliant thinking to apply this tactic.

Civilians aren't there to jump ontop of a building and throw rocks at the other side with no repercussion because that side can't attack them
                            Why would they have rocks then? And grappling hooks? (Yes,I know there are other uses for grappling hooks,but limiting the civilians from using them would be another low blow to the insurgent team) Its all to use against your enemy,whether getting yourself and a squad on a rooftop...or pelting a british soldier in the face with a rock.

The best course of action to balance the civilian class,IMO,is to limit them to one per squad (maybe with 3 or more squad members)

Comment

I think its a fair point that civilians would not be quite so suicidal normally. Our civilians will run in front of gunfire and all sorts but thats pretty close to a suicide bomber and actually civilians can drive cars so they do that too!

Another reason to limit them, because number of squads is limited to 7 I think ? Then 1 civ per squad sounds good :)
                              They dont get a commander so coordinating the seperate civs across the squads should be a challenge and civs shouldnt be organised anyway. They should be friendly to a squad maybe not making up a squad of civilians all by itself!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X