No announcement yet.

There is a problem with the PR server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a problem with the PR server.

I joined just now, map was Kashan Desert. I saw the attack heli wasnt being used so I took it. Saw an enemy helicopter and started chasing it. I got shot down by some armor, and then I got kicked saying "Kicked for having a negative score"?

Re: There is a problem with the PR server.

You just lost a million dollar vehicle in a couple of minutes, sounds like you got off lightly. Dont fly so low

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

There is a hefty score penalty for crashing or losing aircraft. You got nailed by that penalty.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Have to remember than in PRM vehicles aren't as abundant as they are in BF2v and are valuable assets rather than disposable.

Can be a LONG time between re spawn times for some of them so losing one results in a fairly hefty penalty.
        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

I realized why I lost the points, my main issue was with the kick....it's inevitable that you die in a chopper and getting points in a chopper isn't that easy. So maybe raise the cap for negative points for which it will kick you?

Comment

The server setting is maxed at -30.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I suggest playing as a medic in an infantry squad to get some points, then go out and fly when you have the points to lose

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderK-47 View Post
                I realized why I lost the points, my main issue was with the kick....it's inevitable that you die in a chopper and getting points in a chopper isn't that easy. So maybe raise the cap for negative points for which it will kick you?
                Its not inevitable at all and getting points is pretty easy. The one thing you cant do is crash it straight away without doing anything else first, I'd say thats a good thing to avoid anyway.

We had someone on qwai yesterday who crashed the heli 5 times in a row within a few mins of taking off, that is not ok. He didnt get kicked just because he had done something previously. Its still very lax imo

You get 5 points if you can transport someone without dying, per passenger. You get points just for sitting in a squad where others are doing something usefull - a good reason not to form a squad entirely of people jumping up and down on the runway for 20 mins.

I'd be happy to see one life per vehicle per round personally. Theres a good argument for being harder on the actual players then these extreme respawn times we have now
                Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 08-11-2007, 10:59 PM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderK-47 View Post
                  I joined just now, map was Kashan Desert. I saw the attack heli wasnt being used so I took it. Saw an enemy helicopter and started chasing it. I got shot down by some armor, and then I got kicked saying "Kicked for having a negative score"?
                  You have mis-titled your thread. There is not something wrong with our server. There is apparently something you don't LIKE about how our server operates, though. That is far less pressing an issue.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Apparently there are some major scoring changes being looked at in .07.

ie Just being in the squad won't garner you points from squad activities .. you actually have to be within a certain radius of the activity (capture , destroy assets etc.) to get awarded points.
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                      Apparently there are some major scoring changes being looked at in .07.

ie Just being in the squad won't garner you points from squad activities .. you actually have to be within a certain radius of the activity (capture , destroy assets etc.) to get awarded points.
                      I was on Qwai the other day, and was doing my standard gunship LB thing. My K-D was like 35-6 or something like that. Total points? 8. Those 6 shoot downs really took it out of my score! Oh well, what mattered is the enemy couldn't keep a vehicle alive.
                      Murderous

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X