Trouble with anti-aircraft vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with anti-aircraft vehicles

Im having trouble figuring out how to use the anti-aircraft missles for the AAV's for some odd reason i keep on hitting friendly aircraft despite the fact i had a clear lock on an enemy fighter is their some extra step im missing to fire the SAMS. Thanks for any help.

Re: Trouble with anti-aircraft vehicles

Never have had that problem...don't know what to tell you.

Is it a reoccuring problem (ie happened one day,and then happened again two days later)?

Comment

It is very common, you can't do anything about it, and friendly pilots need not flame people who get a tk with AA! Or they should take it out entirely until it works.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
        It is very common, you can't do anything about it, and friendly pilots need not flame people who get a tk with AA! Or they should take it out entirely until it works.
        This is something that can be changed for sure. I remember the massive AA missle upgrade for vanilla way back when. Once a missle passes it's target, it's only got maybe a 30 degree field of view. If you're not in that field of view, it shouldn't be turning towards you. I can't imagine whats so hard about coding that.
        Murderous

Comment

Self guiding missiles are pretty complex I'd expect and would require alot of server cpu time to work properly. The real thing calculates at 500fps or so I bet

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Here's how it goes:

1.) AAV locks enemy plane and fires a heat seeking missile.

2.) Enemy jet puts out flares due to the long lock warning.

3.) Missile diverts course and instantly locks onto a nearby (friendly usually) aircraft not giving time to drop flares and evade.

4.) Hapless bastard in AAV gets a teamkill to his credit.

Yay!

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Well my point is with the way I've seen the missles change throughout the history of BF2, I'm SURE they can limit the missle's FOV so it doesn't turn 90 degrees after missing original target.
              Murderous

Comment

Just don't use them near friendlies... 90% chance that you 'll hit the friendly in stead of the enemy. :(

I stopped using them after I took down Warehouse and 101 Bassdrive in an attempt to get a plane of their ass.
                Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

i really cant kill even frieldlys with that thing

but in vanilla most of the time u just hear a lock from a friendly so dont say they fix that because i think the PR guys do a better job than the EA ppl

Comment

I NEVER use the Mobile AA. It seems to be a TK machine. Shouldermount's are much more effective IMO. Because you have such limited ammo, you really have to utilize patience.

I've probably gotten 10-15 AA kills, and only 1-2 TK AA kills. It really depends on the ammount of patience.

(LOL, sorry to Warehouse that time I shot you down <3)
                    Skud

Comment

It is high time in anyhow that they give the missiles realistic damage. One hit and you go down, no compromise. It is so hard to use the AA well that a hit should be realistically awarded. In the very least it should damage any aircraft to within 1% of it exploding.

In response to murderous, the AA have insane angles on which it can turn, but it will miss those hits every time. for that I wouldn't mind seeing them with less agility then they have now, as you seem to describe with limiting the fov.

In RL, perhaps some safety is in place that disables the rocket when it changes from its original target. That doesn't seem impossible to mimic in a game.

Comment

well if you want more realisteic gameplay AA should be deadly on jets, i mean you will dont need to fire all the 4 misiles to kill one single jet, also this rockets dont pursuit the target they just go straigh and that is BS in rl.

Comment

It is high time in anyhow that they give the missiles realistic damage. One hit and you go down, no compromise. It is so hard to use the AA well that a hit should be realistically awarded. In the very least it should damage any aircraft to within 1% of it exploding.

In response to murderous, the AA have insane angles on which it can turn, but it will miss those hits every time. for that I wouldn't mind seeing them with less agility then they have now, as you seem to describe with limiting the fov.

In RL, perhaps some safety is in place that disables the rocket when it changes from its original target. That doesn't seem impossible to mimic in a game.

I think this can be done by limiting flightime, at the end of the flightime the rocket could explode, increasing the chance of damaging the enemy plane.

Comment

SA and AA missles are currently really crap in PR....

hopefully we can get these fixed for v0.7...

until then I recommend avoiding Kashan Desert 64 player....

Comment

In RL these types of weapons are used only against targets engaging in air to mud. They have a low ceiling to their max altitude (figure around 10k feet) which with simple orders can completely avoid blue-on-blue issues. You order your jet's to stay above 10k feet at all time's so thus heat-seekers can be used with impunity against any target that get's within it's range.

That's why during the gulf war act 1 we kept our aircraft above 10k feet so as to minimize the ability for AAA missiles to take out our aircraft and lost only 1 or 2 jet's during the air campaign, while the Brit's initially used their Tornado's at low level and took more casualties.

Radar homers have a much higher ceiling and have measures in place to avoid FF incident's.

As I have said before, that's why heat seeking mode is generally the BACKUP mode for AAA missiles, as it's the least reliable and least-controllable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X