View from a new guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View from a new guy

Though I hate losing, on Friday night on the desert map I had the displeasure of being on the US side, with mostly pubbies. I always check the scoreboard to see who is on the other team, and well, TG loaded, Dirtboy, I think Wimpinator, and others....lots of TG.

I then proceeded to do my usual support role, or sabo role with my squad, and we got waxed. We had three tanks, waxed. We at one point couldnt get out of the desert into any flag area! I had to tell the squad it was going to be a rough go, we were playing against about 3 squads of regular TG, with good SL. My SL was glad to hear that and our squad actually came together to face the challenge. OK, we still were smoked, but we at least did a ton better by working together....

so the simple moral...teamwork is contagious. I still think having some dedicated time for dedicated quality volunteer SL's to show everyone how it is done, is needed.

But in light of that, sometimes opposing a well run squad is the best lesson in how to play the TG.

Hoo rah.
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: View from a new guy

So totally true. I learned more from getting wiped by good squads then by taking down bad squads.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I was in dirtboy's squad,but I got a CTD about 2 minutes after we pushed yall back to main :(

Comment

I love when I join in and there are lots of regulars in game. I hate when I join in and I am on the other team, getting flanked, and having not only SL's that don't communicate, but also commanders without Voip.

Canadian, I at one point dropped down and hid as you all went by me, did my own personal rear attack, only to get sniped by a friendly. It was sooooo great.

Comment

Yea Ive done that, advance so far into the enemy lines that the enemy dont stop to consider you as an enemy and your own troops shoot you dead, I guess you cant win

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
            Yea Ive done that, advance so far into the enemy lines that the enemy dont stop to consider you as an enemy and your own troops shoot you dead, I guess you cant win
            I hope your not that guy (always have one in squad) who wanders out in the middle of a firefight right up to the enemy ("I'm flankin SL!") and then is surprised when he is teamkilled :). Always funny, and karma long due.

Comment

Depends but I always fall in with the sl if he wants or at least change squads if I have other plans.
              Last instance I can remember is laying mines at the start of the round and neither team seemed to recognise the PLA ammo truck.

Normally I'd agree working relative to friendlies is best. Like on OGT if the rest of my squad is sitting at trenches I might advance as far as the wooden bridge to check for hostiles and rp and report back any findings. I still consider that working within the flags boundaries rather then wandering off.
              If they then come to help destroy a RP thats been found I dont expect them to shoot me! :icon_lol:
              I wouldnt cross the bridge or approach south bridge flag (or any other hotspot) as then Im operating without my squad like rambo.

As a SL Ive had my squad form a pincer formation but as someone else has said its best to have the two teams at a rough right angle to each other rather then head on or tk is highly possible, its tricky/advanced anyhow

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

New experience. I only had about 30 min to play last night so I went in Vanilla. Got a crew and did some SL work. After a few bounced in and out we got organized and it was CRYSTAL CLEAR that the tactics, teamwork, and communication were the reason for our success....think I added some new recruits also to come check out the TG.

Anyone give anymore thought to my squad leader/squad member training night?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X