Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good PR0.56 servers out there?

Hi,

I've tried to love PR0.6 but I just can't... The graphics don't like my video card (http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ches-help.html) and the game play isn't up to .56 standards.

Any one as an old server with some good games on it?

Cheers,
    Nix

Re: Any good PR0.56 servers out there?

prety much all servers have upgraded to v0.6, currently there are 0 people playing v0.5 online

while there are gameplay elements that are not working in v0.6, IMO overall gameplay experience is much better in v0.6 (however the player base is another matter ;) )

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
      prety much all servers have upgraded to v0.6, currently there are 0 people playing v0.5 online

while there are gameplay elements that are not working in v0.6, IMO overall gameplay experience is much better in v0.6 (however the player base is another matter ;) )

Depends, the huge maps aren't that fun... most of the time you running in the desert for 30 mins and then get picked off when you finally get there.

Smaller maps in .56 had a healthy balance between realism and game play, witch 0.6 lacks. Also, my favourite map, Steel Thunder, isn't in this release. IMO that was the best map because it offered great gameplay and realism.

Nix

Comment

Reminds me of the old CS betas, everyone had their favourite version.

I think 0.6 offers alot of promise but I understand why you'd want 0.5 especially with some good maps not on this version.

Is there anything to stop 0.5 maps being played on 0.6 servers. I know people would have to manually copy the map but theres no other reason ?

Steel Thunder was also probably my fav map of 0.5 but it was arcadey and you've got to understand why they removed it with the way tanks are now. I think their should be at least 1 unorthordox server on the scene that plays all the forgotten maps.
        Like I read jalalabad was once used in PR, awesome! Except I wasnt around then so I'd like a go since thats one of my favourite bf2 maps

Roll on 0.7 beta anyhow :row__523:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm with you whole-heartedly Nixon.

"(however the player base is another matter )" , and I also agree with this quote as well.

Comment

Yes, I do miss a lot of the old maps but i heard a lot of them have issues with the new commander assets

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
              Steel Thunder was also probably my fav map of 0.5 but it was arcadey and you've got to understand why they removed it with the way tanks are now. :
              True, tanks are way more powerful in 0.6, but what made that map fun was teamwork between the ground forces and the attack helo. Also, you can put the fog level a bit up so those pesky tanks can't use their 3x zoom. Finally, why do you call it "arcadey", is it because the battle was always intense (not like in 0.6 :P ) or because the dimensions/vehicles on that map?

By the way, couldn't TG have a PR 5.6 night? Or is it to tough to change between version...

Nix

Comment

There is a new map in the works with a Steel thunder feel to it. It will be in Kashan size map size also.

I can't remember one good thing about 0.5 that isn't better in 0.6. Once beta came out 0.5 was dead to me.

Comment

lol Steel thunder the size of kashan would be good to see.

I think the devs were afraid of overloading people so kashan is fairly sparse (less so then early beta) but I find the map takes up less memory then others.

Nixon - hard to say why but having so much in quite a small space was probably the biggest reason. This seems to be the reason why Inishail Forest was snuffed out also.

Is pheonix on the maplist, I still havent played it properly this version

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X