How do you watch bf2demo movies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you watch bf2demo movies?

I've searched the net and found that you should create a "demos" folder in the Default profile , start BF2 and under Community it should show up to be played.
    It doesn't and I've copied it into all 4 profiles (3 I created and the Default).

What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way (ie convert it to a normal file format).
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: How do you watch bf2demo movies?

Yeah, Im kind of facing the same problem.
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/video-p...edirector.html

Comment

The easy answer, as far as I know is to change the name to 'demo1.bf2demo' in the demo folder, then it'll show up properly. For some reason it only wants to register the file if it's in that format. Also...the directory listing should be something like "C:\Documents and Settings\$User_name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos" although your computer might have a slightly different setup. Once properly formatted and located, it should list in the right hand window in the community section once you launch BF2

Comment

Nope - that didn't work either.

I must be doing something wrong but , no matter. I've got the damn file in every profile I created , in the BF2 directory (as per something I read) but it doesn;t show up as a "bookmark" .

Just gonna give up. Wasted too much time trying to figure out DICE's abominated attempt to view demo files.
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Lucky's link get's you what you need...but in summary:

Here's what ya do:
            1. Download the BFR file
            2. Copy the BFR file into C:\Documents and Settings\{you}\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos
            3. Launch BF2
            4. Click the Community tab and you'll see a list of demo files...with your BFR file in there
            5. Click play file, and you are in business

Also, you'll need to use these controls:
            • W, A, S, D - Move the camera around the map. (Forward, Backward, Left, Right)
            • Shift, Ctrl - Change the height of the camera (Up, Down)
            • 1 - Pause the demo
            • 2 or 6 - Play the demo at normal speed.
            • 3, 4, 5 - Slow Motion Playback (0.05x, 0.25x, 0.5x)
            • 7, 8 - Fast Forward (1.5x, 3x)
            • Right-Click - Switch between free cam and player cam
            • Spacebar - Cycle through players when using the player cam
            • Mouse Wheel - Zoom In/Out when using the player cam

Have fun.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
            if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Tried all that...still no luck so either I'm missing something or doing something wrong.
              Does it matter which profile you use? I have it in all my profiles but don't see it.
              All I wanted to watch was the iGi:TG video but it's up on YouTube anyway so I watched it there.
              But thanks for the input.
              [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

re-name it something like demo#.bf2demo (in the # put any number although I suggest 0-9, haven't tried double digits and make sure nothing is uppercase, had some problems when it was)
                And make sure you have bf2 closed while doing this, if it's not you have to restart it for them to show up

And you can use the Q and T com roses instead of all the numbers to select those items while playing the file.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X