HAT/supply drop change warranted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAT/supply drop change warranted.

Yesterday me and a very well operating squad, were pinned again for it seemed half an hour on Oman beach, watching the crates get shot, having 3 tanks and an apc right on top of us.

We couldn't get it by going back to the carrier, we couldn't get supplies down. We should -you think- have brought it from the carrier, but we had been fighting, so it would have been lost anyway.

I'm getting very bored with having whole rounds lost because of these 2 kits. I don't know what exactly, but something needs to be done to make it a little more available.

At the moment it is so complicated to get kits set for a squad, that it detracts too much from the tactics. I spend so much time organising kits that I can't even get to the organising of position formations etc. And even then, it frequently happens that we are pinned for ages without any possible access to a useful remedy except for pushing suicide and re-spawning at the first flag to get the hat, only to find it stolen if you are unlucky.

Some of the limits should clearly be abolished imo. One of those is the one that makes you unable to retake the HAT after you die for some time, even if it is available. If I assign HAT to a grunt, I NEED him to get it, and not be stopped by some anti-pubbie rule.

Re: HAT/supply drop change warranted.

What solutions do you think would help?

Lucky Shot

Comment

-Making the supply drops fall 2x as fast would be a start, and more realistic. These things weigh tons yet they are swept away in the wind like feathers.

-Making the HAT available at Rally Points.

Comment

Increase the number of HAT's to 3 or 4 for maps like Al Kufrah/other large tank maps.
        Skud

Comment

I was playing Mec on that map, it needs balancing really. You wouldnt have that problem if you werent allready struggling to even set foot on the beaches.

USA capped two flags but still didnt have a foothold, they need to get a proper spawn point when its capped I reckon. Every assault map has this problem and it plays poorly for both sides in the end

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm thinking about suggesting that the Javelin missile system be included on that map as a pickup on the carrier. The USMC is evenly matched in terms of armor and air power yet they still have to land on an open beach and fight against the odds.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Yea its a bit of a predetermined game. Is there a javelin modelled in pr, I thought HAT was it

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I *Think* it was going to be in .5 but then they(devs) didnt think it was ready( this is what i heard), anyway the link is on yourtube, since i dont have 15 posts :(, i cant post it. Just type Javelin Missile in the You tube search bar and its the third one down.

EDIT:This is my 15th post,lol, link is below
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-97NIHa0E

Comment

Remove kit stealing blocking all together. Stealing a kit should your team to have more of a kit than the issuing limit. But once you stole it, it shouldn't count it the "issued kits" anymore. That's nonsense really.

Furthermore, on some maps, there should be more HAT kits. Especially since it takes two HAT hits to destroy a tank and that they are so ridiculously easy to repair. (repairing a tank should require a support truck or to be in a base). C4 should also either destroy or disable a tank in one shot (disable = break the turret so it can't turn or break the tracks, depending on where the C4 is placed).

Comment

1 HAT hit to the rear will destroy it as far as I know.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

I'll have to test that but cant remember managing that recently

Anyway, what was different about this particular game then..

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                        -Making the supply drops fall 2x as fast would be a start, and more realistic. These things weigh tons yet they are swept away in the wind like feathers.

-Making the HAT available at Rally Points.
                        I think that the crates should fall faster...but there should still be a delay before they start falling. Essentially arrive in the same amount of time, but spend less time in the air.

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                        if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by Betterdeadthanred View Post
                          1 HAT hit to the rear will destroy it as far as I know.
                          Not in the latest version... definitely not. I've yet to see that since the release and I did a lot of experimentation, trying to shoot HAT at tanks from every angles possible to every spot on the vehicle.

Comment

IF the javelin does get released eventually they should make it a 1 hit kill on anything no matter what. And I think supply crates need to fall faster and they should have 2-4 parachutes, they are very heavy and with 1 parachute would come down maybe 3-4 X faster if not more than they do now. And they should change the parachute into a circular one, not a rectangular one.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by geogob View Post
                              Remove kit stealing blocking all together. Stealing a kit should your team to have more of a kit than the issuing limit. But once you stole it, it shouldn't count it the "issued kits" anymore. That's nonsense really.

Furthermore, on some maps, there should be more HAT kits. Especially since it takes two HAT hits to destroy a tank and that they are so ridiculously easy to repair. (repairing a tank should require a support truck or to be in a base). C4 should also either destroy or disable a tank in one shot (disable = break the turret so it can't turn or break the tracks, depending on where the C4 is placed).
                              /agree
                              I've seen some maps where, upon finding a sniper or HAT kit, the players will hike it to the opposite side of the map or the main base and sit there, thus denying the other team thier kit while ensuring that they may never get it again.

Although, the other feeling of mine is, kits like the sniper and HAT have no real business being a front-line weapon, given thier limited means of close-in suppression (admittedly this doesn't mean much with the tanks currently having a 200x scope on thier boresight!) HAT is guided and still pretty fast (compare this to say, PoE's APC TOW missiles that only have about 15 degree guided angle (tethered to the main gun) and seem to take over 6 seconds to travel to max zoom range), and can kill from much further away then the LAT because of this. They should be behind cover away from the main force, perhaps setting up ambush traps, sure, but not mixed in with an advancing infantry column like I've seen.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X