Suggestion: Remove Helmand from maplist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Remove Helmand from maplist

Map is too small for 64 players, and insurgents on AAS just dont work very well... recommend removing this map from rotation as it just turns into a spamfest with more than 30 players in the server..

Re: Suggestion: Remove Helmand from maplist

It plays weird thats for sure. Is there much chance of limiting civilians to one per squad in the next version, I think that'd help keep a cap on things.
    Still I like it anyway (for a change), I think it just needs a lower time limit prehaps.
    We played it out the other day and it went on for hours, eventually the brits won by capping all but one flag and running the score down.

edit:
    Played it again just now and it lasted for 20 mins or so, someone on our team was trashing the spawn cars though so obviously not everyone liked it I guess
    Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 08-23-2007, 03:54 AM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I agree. The size of the map means the nature of the combat is very close quarters. There is very little room for medium to wide flanking.

Therefore map is therefore unrealistic becuase insurgents would never ingage in such combat against such a large number of British troops.

However the layout of feild and earth mounds, combined with the small walled compounds and destructable buildings, allow for greater use of suppressing firetactics and small flanks. The mud mounds provide excellent cover and the feilds provide distance between you and the enemy (preventing close combat at times), while the flat ground simplifies supp. and flank tactics (no need to secure and hold high ground and flanking does not require cliff climbing...). THe compounds them selves, particualr whiskey, provide defenders engouh cover but surround fields and mud mounds making attacking far from impossible.

OVERALL: All the features and objects are very well layed out, thus allowing the easy use of particular tactics (supp. + flank) but the small size of the map, combined with a large number of players (32 +) actualy limits particular tactics (wide flanks ext.).

This is my dilemar. But becuase most of all the other maps do not allow easy supp. and flank tactics due to the nature of there UNREALISTIC TERRAIN (mountains then desert side by side, clifs rising out of nowhere) BUT do however allow for wide flank, the need for a map that allows easy supp. and flank tactics IS GREAT!

And for this reason, i am willing to put up with the maps limit on allowing wide (normal sized) flanks UNTIL NEW MAPS ARE RELEASED THAT ALLOW FOR EASY SUPP. AND FLANK TACTICS. I am confident this will be by 0.7.

However until 0.7 when such maps are released, it is in the interests of players who wnat to practise supp. and flank tactics that Helmand remains on the TG map rotation list.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Please leave it in the rotation, I have not been able to play it in month it seems and I like the map.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Removing it now...thanks for bringing this up:)

I put Al Basrah back in...pm me through X-Fire or the Forums if this map causes anymore problems.
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

*TopCat laughs head off*

I am missing Albasara though.

Comment

Nooooo helmand is a great map! Oh well I like Basrah as well and haven't played it for ages.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Yeah I like Helmand too...Come on lets have it back

Comment

DirtYYYYBoy has the last word on this and he as an Admin who has become consumed by his power, will not have any thoughts about the termination of this map, hwoever much it was loved.

He is a ruthless player and admin, so i reckon we should just keep our grievances too our selves and FLEEE!

jkes, Dirtboy is really very sensitive and kind, similar in nature to a teddy bear but one with a dark side, packing 6inch claws hidden behind his soft paws OF DEATH!

Comment

I think people very much like CQB, there should be some counter to the vast maps that form the majority now I think.

Maybe it could left optional to be selected on password nights if people ask. Things like spawn car trashing would be less likely for starters

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Why dont you play on a server that is capped at 40 players and is not ALWAYS at full capacity? TG server is excellent because its always around 60 players, however you all know helmand is just a spamfest at that number of players...

Trust me, duckhunts next map is gonna kick the crap outta helmand, topcat i think you will enjoy it. Its NOT an afghan map though

Comment

*Leaps into air*

Fuzz i know of a few new maps:

Mutraha 2 (sP) - bigger city, with a semi cirular dock.

Quiling (god knows name) - big 17km UK vs China map. With hills and many trees.

Militia map 2 - similar to Mestia but much larger and with more open ground.

Militia map 3 - city map.

New desert map - MEC vs US or UK. Mountains and destrucatble buildings.

Beach map - china vs UK. With bunkers and barb wire along the beack and jungle behind that. IS THIS THE MAP YOU ARE REFEARING TO?

THE ABOVE IS TOP REASON WHY 0.7 WILL BE SO IMPORTANT! MAPS MAPS AND MAPS. 0.6 is made of maps, most of which date back to 0.4 and some 0.3! When kit limitng had just been born and 90% of players did not have mikes. The total opposite is true today, with kit limiting at the heart of aquisation (new word) of equipement and 90% of players having mikes!
                        I know most of hte maps have been updated but the core overal design remains the same!

Comment

You know what needs to be added? An Insurgent VS militia and MEC vs China XD

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

In BF2 a team can either be A or B. E.g UK and US are A, while MEC and China are B. A can only fight B. A cannot fight A and B cannot fight B.

KittyKatnub what you propose is impossible becuase:
                            UK, US and Russa are A.
                            MEC, CHina, Insurgents and MIlitia are B.
                            This is the most realistic setup.

Therefore MEC, CHina, INsurgents or Militia CANNOT FIGHT ONE ANOTHER.

Comment

No, it's been done, the allied intent mod team for example has done it. They broke up but a few of them that still want to mod are creating and finishing AIX.
                              You can find them at the battlefield single player forums.
                              They used China vs Mec in 1 or 2 maps

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X