Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here’s something I just found out. Sorta useless information.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s something I just found out. Sorta useless information.

Probably old hat to you PRM vets out there but these are the types of things, IMO , that should be brought up in “training” sessions as I stumbled upon it by accident.

As SL , bring up your SL map and squad list.

See all the pretty little green dots spread all over the map? Wanna know who they are??

1) Click on the name in the squad list and the green dot turn white.
    2) Click on the green dot and the name in the squad list turns white.

A revelation!!

Don’t know what earthly use it is but, it’s a feature I didn’t know about. Suppose it could help a SL direct his comments to a member beyond visual contact or easily identify who is where and what kit he has.

Any other “revelations” you might now about??
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Here’s something I just found out. Sorta useless information.

I use this when I am SL and have that one guy that's new and wanders off on his own. It is a pretty handy tool. It's also useful if you have a fire team leader assigned and you want to see his location for further move orders.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Out of curiosity then , when you highlight an individual player using this system then issue a command through the menu (ie “move here”) does the entire squad receive this order or just the highlighted player?
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

I'm not sure BeerHunter,but I do use this feature quite often as a SL. I have to know who is where,where our specialty kit(s) are,etc. Very usefull if you don't have visual. It's also good if you need to send certian people to a different place than the rest of the squad. Do this to get the closest people to you to come and set a rally,with out losing manpower assaulting a flag,etc.

example:

SL- "Lets set down a rally in D4,I need Hunter,Wimp,and Canadian on me. Al,Druulen,and Skud advance to the north side of West Tower with a LAT kit. After the rally is placed,we will assault from the south."

Comment

The move here thing is a marker with smoke and visible to that entire squad I think.
          Its just for highlighting names and players on the map. People respond better if you use their names.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I find it useful for situations like "who's that idiot at US carrier? oh it's [clicks names until green dot turns white] ********. [Tells ******** to stop being dumb]" or "!!!!!!!! has a sniper rifle. where is s/he? [clicks name, sees white dot] oh s/he's in our mainbase doing nothing"
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I use it to kick guys that don't listen at all to orders :P

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                I use it to kick guys that don't listen at all to orders :P
                2nd that :D.

I picked this trick up from Fuzzhead 's Youtube training movies, ty for that.
                Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

hey now......I think i may be "that guy" that wanders off.
                  I am also easily distracted in real life by shiny objects.
                  Last edited by |TG-X|Bootytrap; 08-24-2007, 02:51 PM.

|
                  |

Comment

I use it to find out who to verbally berate for doing stupid things in my squad that cost my guys time.

...I heard that when you click on their name and it goes white, it lowers their volume so I have to shout extra loud so they can hear me.
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

"X, get back on obective."
                      "X, get back on objective!"
                      "X, if you don't provide a valid excuse for not following orders I'm kicking you from the squad"
                      "X: Erm...when you select my name I...can't..erm...hear you?"
                      "Oh. Alright then."

Seriously though, I really doubt that's true.

Comment

Maybe they coincidentally turned their volume at the time?

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I got kicked in about 20 seconds the other day because I was still plugging in my speakers :o

I'd like the opposite, lowers their game volume and suddenly all they can hear is my voice from the heavens barking orders. Not practical though since I allready die sometimes due to voice spam drowning out the enemy approaching

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X