Taking a break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a break

I decided I needed a break from PR for a while. I was getting to addicted to it and seemed like every waking minute I had to spare I was on TG server playing PR and if not there I was here on the forums reading and making the occassional reply.
    I have gotten myself into Oblivion for now and till it wears thin on me then I probably will get back into PR again. Also seems like since .6 came out it just isn't quite the same, hard to put my finger on it though. I like .6 PR, don't get me wrong. Just something seems to be missing.... maybe it is just the plain ole Al Basrah I use to hate so much, lol.
    Also I think I need to do some major upgrades to play PR a little better and hopefully will be doing that soon, not sure though.
    I will be stopping in every now and then on the forums but I have uninstalled PR completely from my computer so won't being playing for a while.
    May get the shakes and need to reinstall and play after a week though.

Re: Taking a break

I was the same with PR mod but now im playing POE again for a bit. i have a older system and i find that POE runs better anyway . There are lots of members back on POE so maybe give it a shot ? hope to see ya on !

Comment

Yeah,I'm alternating between RTW and PR. PR just gets repetitive with the small variety of maps played in my opinion.

Comment

Game fuel doesnt help my addiction to anything :O
        Skud

Comment

I am taking a break as well.

I am in the process of relocating and am currently living in a small apartment. Playing PR is way too hard on my cardboard box, computer desk I am using.
          Xfire= ouchiegiver1

Comment

I started play Call of duty 1 again. With .6, it hasnt really done it for me. All the new maps are all big and the ones that are small are old. I just need something new. Im upgrading my comp soon and will be getting a job/going back to school so that will also have an effect on being in the server. Also, Once Crysis comes out, ill be playing that and will be waiting for the realism mod comming out for it(called Timerift:TimeRift: Spearhead Red) which is pretty much going to be like pr(from the description given, http://www.crysis-online.com/?page=3 , scroll down to " Another Pre-SDK Crysis Mod" ill probobly play more if the upcomming patch fixes some of the problems of .6 but if it doesnt then ill be waiting for .7

Comment

I been playing the MoH Airborne demo lately, it 's a good change from PR. I 'm eagerly waiting for a patch to fix some of the map issues. There are currently about 3 maps imo that have no issues, from which Qwai is the only one I really enjoy...

Even though the gameplay has made good progress, 0.5 had alot more variety when it comes to maps.
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I might come back...
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I'm just in the middle of downloading the World in Conflict demo, so I'l be playing that for a fair few days (unless it sucks). When Crysis comes out I'll be gone for a while then as well but I'll probably be back to PR in between (probably within 4 days).

Edit: Which makes me wonder, is there gonna be a TG Crysis multiplayer server when it is released?
                  Last edited by westyfield; 08-28-2007, 06:28 AM. Reason: I had a question to axe
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I'm still grooving on PR but I hope the next patch introduces some stability back into the maps. Would be nice to have a larger selection again.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Well I'm back, fresh from the amazing one level that the WiC demo provides. It's a good game and the graphics are amazing but how many different ways can you find to play one level and one multiplayer level?
                      So it's back to PR for me!
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Ok, here is my freak testimony....

When I first went PR, I played for 6 straight days. I run a company and have an office. I shut the door and jam in the afternoons....then late nights.

PR is like crack.
                        sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Rofl, 0.5 was better though. o.5 was like crack to me (although I have never taken an sort of illegal drug so I wouldn't know what that would be like) but I would play from 7 AM to 3 AM every day for about 2 weeks O_O

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

That was me(long hours of playing) with .5 and to point .6 then BAM, the lights went dark for me with PR. Really do not know what it is, just got wore out on it I guess.
                            I was going to leave PR installed but my computer being old and slow I decided to uninstall it so I can play Oblivion better(the only game on my second HDD now). I was actually amazed I was able to play PR on medium settings and then I installed Oblivion and it set everything to a high setting. Which I had to modify a little to play better, it was set to high.
                            I am hoping to get enough of a tax refund to build a complete new computer and maybe be able to play all the games I want on at least a higher setting and all play smoothly. Looking at about $4000(about the usual I get back) at least on income tax return but only wanting to spend about $2000 of that which is including a 22" monitor and more less the works(speakers and all that other junk). Of course when the time rolls around I will get into the hardware section and start asking questions such as dual core or quad core. Thinking about the future of gaming and if other games are going to take advantage of the quad core and the fact I can't go out and update a computer every year cause the wife won't allow that, it will have to last at least 3 or more years like this 5 year old computer I have now.
                            To a point I think that is my reason for not getting into PR anymore, poor performance on some maps since .6, I had very few issues with .5. It will be like a whole new game if I wait till then and get a new computer. Not really sure I will be able to do that though, lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X