Land Warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Warrior

Hey i was wathcing some television today and i say the coolest thing that i thought maybe PR would need being about real life. Its called the land warrior. It seems easy enough to code in but what do i know im not a dev. Although i think that it might exceed what the bf2 engine can handle. Anyway here is a small clip of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5tmV...elated&search=
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Land Warrior

What parts of Land Warrior have really yet to be implemented in BF2, or PR?

All players already have access to a tactical satellite map of the entire battlefield, with real-time GPS information on every unit and vehicle.

All players have communication, both with other units in their squad, and, through the commander, other squads. Add to that the power of Teamspeak, channel commander, and rotating channels, and we actually have more information at our fingertips than the Land Warrior soldiers.

About the only thing that this system has over BF2 and PR is real-time video feed and picture exchange, neither of which are practical on a wired, internet-based game. Other than that, I think we're already suited for gaming on the modern battlefield.

Comment

You know now that u mention it i see what you are talking about. I guess i really didnt think of all this because everything is seperated like mini map in the top right corner and like the squad member things hidden and all that i guess i thought that having it all under on control would be cool but now i see its not really worth it.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

FutureWeapons, eh? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
          What parts of Land Warrior have really yet to be implemented in BF2, or PR?

All players already have access to a tactical satellite map of the entire battlefield, with real-time GPS information on every unit and vehicle.

All players have communication, both with other units in their squad, and, through the commander, other squads. Add to that the power of Teamspeak, channel commander, and rotating channels, and we actually have more information at our fingertips than the Land Warrior soldiers.

About the only thing that this system has over BF2 and PR is real-time video feed and picture exchange, neither of which are practical on a wired, internet-based game. Other than that, I think we're already suited for gaming on the modern battlefield.
          For PR, CROSSHAIRS XD and being able to see what others see and quite a few other things too, such as being able to shoot someone with it being impossible for them to shoot you except maybe your hands.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

But how would you emulate a rifle-mounted camera for MEC, or Chinese forces? (Insurgent and Militia teams don't factor since they're meant to be unbalanced technologically.)

Also, let it be known that the Land Warrior system doesn't translate any sort of crosshair system to a soldier's HUD, and continually referencing the rifle-camera would be incredibly disorienting.

Ultimately, I think most of the Land Warrior systems (that aren't already quasi-included in BF2 and PR) fall under two categories: technologically impossible (as is the case for real-time video and picture swapping), or unbalancing (comparing to the MEC and Chinese teams).

Comment

War isn't balanced, you win a war by being more advanced than the enemy and by having better strategies. If this is project reality there shouldn't be any balance whatsoever.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Yes thats probably true but ultra realism comes secondary to a tactical and balanced game I think. The mod is just taking hints from reality on how to make the game more competetive and involved

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm pretty sure alot of this would just be impossible for the BF2 engine anyway. Imagine trying to make it possible to use the camera on the gun around a corner. Just wont work man. BF2 engine is hard enough already.
                  Skud

Comment

Plus camera around corner would lead to a new, golden era of camping!
                    Yay! More stuff to get frustrated about!
                    Looks cool though, just not practical in a game.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Well, if there's anything PROBABLE along the lines of the around the corner guns, its the one showcased by the Israeli military. It's a gun that can bend around corners, without a camera or with one. It can fit lots of guns...

I would find a youtube but I'm lazy.
                      Skud

Comment

It's called "corner shot". It was featured on Future Weapons. Looks like a useful tool for cqb sometimes, but for PR, I have my doubts it will fit in game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQeu9J43jXU
                        Xfire= ouchiegiver1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...