Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone see me last night?? Huh?? Did ya? Stupid Gamespy!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see me last night?? Huh?? Did ya? Stupid Gamespy!!

Last night at about 11:30PM my time I decided to log on and play some PRM. Haven’t been on the server in ages primarily because of RL occurrences and like a fool, didn’t have the “Save PW” box checked in BF2.

Couldn’t remember my password, tried everything I could think of with no luck so in desperation tried the Gamespy “retrieve password”. They kept sending me the wrong password for the wrong account (must have about 6 there now what with my old Gamespy accounts from other games you can’t use in BF2 and various ones I’ve set up for BF2 because I could never retrieve the password so I’d just set up new account instead).

Finally about ¾ hour later I found the password on a scrap of paper and with great anticipation (been playing SP most of the time and felt I was getting somewhere) logged on.

Be damned if after about 2 minutes I’m not lagging out. Warping here and there. Checked my ping and it was around 120. Have no idea what was going on.

Disconnected and rebooted, rejoined and the same thing. (map at the time was that huge desert map).

Did a trace route and everything seemed just fine (Grande Prairie down to Vancouver then out to Chicago pings < 70) until I get into Virginia and then all hell breaks lose. Time outs, pings in the 180 range. . Was there a disaster down there we haven’t heard of up here yet? Are there major utility strikes?

Ah well , try again this week end eh?
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Did anyone see me last night?? Huh?? Did ya? Stupid Gamespy!!

probably overloaded with all of the servers they are trying to run out of there.

Comment

Re: Did anyone see me last night?? Huh?? Did ya? Stupid Gamespy!!

I'd be willing to bet this problem has it's roots in all the students who have just returned to college and now have direct access to massive amounts of bandwidth. In recent days my ping has doubled...although...when you're starting off with a 20 ping....it's not so bad that it's doubled.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X