crazy amount of "Connection Interupts" tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy amount of "Connection Interupts" tonight

I have noticed more and more "Your connection has been interupted" messages in the last few days. Before I go gutting my computer apart and reinstalling PRM, I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this too.

I see that Punkbuster just updated some stuff, and now we get to have PB spyware on our systems running as PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB, even out of game...yay. I manually updated my PB client by visiting WWW.EVENBALANCE.COM and downloading the pbsetup.exe utility. It said it needed updates, yet I still get the damn errors.

When I join any server now, it pauses 5 seconds, and says you have been disconnected. I instantly rejoin, and it works... go figure that one!

5 minutes into game, I start getting connection problems, eventually leading to my lagging out.

-I highly doubt it is my hardware, having had no problems up until this week. I smell a rat with the PunkBuster update or our server this week.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: crazy amount of "Connection Interupts" tonight

I had a hell of a time with it last night...ping was OK but LAAAAAG... I was warping all over the place. Only stayed on the server about 2 minutes.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Re: crazy amount of "Connection Interupts" tonight

I've been getting quite a few connection problems these days on the server and have seen my ping rising over the past few weeks, thats why I've stopped for a bit to wait until school is back in and all the little kiddies aren't hogging all the bandwidth trying to play 17 online games at once.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Re: crazy amount of &quot;Connection Interupts&quot; tonight

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
        When I join any server now, it pauses 5 seconds, and says you have been disconnected. I instantly rejoin, and it works... go figure that one!

5 minutes into game, I start getting connection problems, eventually leading to my lagging out.
        I have the same problem...along with connection problem issues in game. I cant figure it out,but I'll just live with it.

Comment

I've had the same issue when trying to log into the server. I think it started about 3-4 days ago. I'll click to join, get the connection error message then instantly click again and it's fine.

I don't think it's just the PR server though, as I've also had the issue with PoE and vanilla BF2. Maybe EA is doing something with their servers? Or maybe it's PB acting up.

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhDayPariah View Post
            I've had the same issue when trying to log into the server. I think it started about 3-4 days ago. I'll click to join, get the connection error message then instantly click again and it's fine.
            I have been getting that exact same thing and I thought it was just me. I am going to put my money on the punkbuster update for the source of the problem. I am also highly annoyed that it now requires a constant background task.

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhDayPariah View Post
              Yep...I get the same thing when trying to get on the server and it is consistent. First time fails, second time works ok. After I'm on the server though I've never had any problems.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

ive been having the "your connection has been lost" on server join and the successful server rejoin, and some unusual lag/"connection problem" messages lately as well.
                i havent lagged out yet though.

no doubt its pb

Comment

I've been having the same problem on start up with POE2 as well (as have some others.) Start the game once, get disconnected, second time I stay lit. Every time, like clockwork. I had figured it was due to the new POE release...
                  OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Me too, i use to play in a lag betwen 180 to 280, and the "connection problem" is a real pin in the a..
                    i hope you can solve it soon guys
                    REGARDS!
                    [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

same thing happening to me in PR.......and 2142 as well......try once, denied....try again....and it works.....constant disco's.....PB is a mess.

|
                      |

Comment

My firewall has asked for permissions regarding A and B multiple times, OUT OF GAME. It freaks me out.

If it ain't broke, dont fix it Evenbalence! Everything was fine :(

Now we have to wait for a hotfix.

I got 2-3 disconnects last night.
                        Skud

Comment

Im not sure they realise anything is wrong. Ive been on the punks busted website and they seem to think its all down to the users.

It takes upto 100 meg now, even if it did work properly that alone would have knock on effects.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yeah, If I try to join any server regarding any battlefield mod/game I have to connect once then get the "you connection has been whatever" then I join again and it's fine. But I only get this mad lag on the PR server. And I thought the joining server connection problem was only cause of my wireless internet heh.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Yep I get that just since Pb updated

Could the server revert to a previous PB version?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X