X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "TG" A hypothetical situation.

Kashan Desert: USMC

Squad A tries to move on North Village, fails miserably. Decides to take retribution by spawning on APC in South Village. North Village caps finally, Squad A moves towards friendly tank in the vain hope of it providing covering fire for their escape towards the eventual capture of bunker. Squad A succeeds in egressing from South Village and begins making their way towards bunkers when they stumble upon squad B. Squad B is holed up in a house overlooking South Village with HAT and LAT. Squad B has a Humvee which Squad A would like very much to take and move out to bunkers. Squad A asks Squad B for use of their vehicle. Squad A is denied. Squad A begins to make it's way on to bunkers on foot when one member of Squad A ganks said Humvee. Squad B complains and threatens administrative action. Squad A leader returns Humvee and after a brief discussion, moves on to bunkers..._on foot_. Squad A gets picked off by sniper fire and tanks while Squad B's previous haven turns into ruin. The remainder of Squad A gets knocked out en route to bunkers by a pair of tanks. End of story.

Re: "TG" A hypothetical situation.

It is not against the rules to take someone else's humvee. Atleast not that i know of. It is however frowned upon and said to be bad sportmanship. You should have reconsidered spawning at that apc in the first place if you didnt have a transport of your own.
    Respect is earned.

|TG-6th|Alpha

Comment

Squad B happened to have gotten that Humvee themselves from main. If you expect to need a humvee, spawn at main and get one. Squad B, a 2 man AA squad needed the humvee for ammo. There wasnt a com at the moment.

Squad B also knew the location of the enemy sniper.

Squad B also knew the location of the enemy tank. Thats why squad B didnt move out from the cover of the house. However, a member of squad A thought jumping up and down with the HAT exposing himself was somehow a good idea. He's sniped. Squad B decides to take the HAT. Squad A expects it back. Reasonable. However, Squad A keeps running back and fourth, expecting the tank not to notice the house. The house is blown to smithereens. The AA kit, HAT and humvee are all lost. Along with valuable time.

The AA kits would have come in handy when in 3 mins the attack choppers would be in the air.
      Skud

Comment

So is this hypothetical or not 'cause the way TheSkudDestroyer is talking about it it sounds real to me...
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

If the vehicle is being actively used for whatever reason I'd agree its not good to take it, that would include for ammo or being repaired.
          If it was just sitting there for a rainy day then I'd take it regardless of who claimed ownership unless it was a CO.

If you wanted to be polite I guess you could use it for the squad and send one guy back to return the vehicle and walk back to you

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
            So is this hypothetical or not 'cause the way TheSkudDestroyer is talking about it it sounds real to me...
            >_<

Comment

Re: &quot;TG&quot; A hypothetical situation.

wait a second here...
              let's fill in the entire story, and then start calling names.

squad B, lets just call them HouseWare and DestroyerSkud ask squad A POLITELY to leave our jeep for ammo and protection against helo's. Squad leader A, lets call him PariahDaySeventh politely leaves it for us, but unsaid squad memberA decides to be a hero and come take it anyways. You kindly bring it back to us (carrying your entire squad), in the process, draw attention from an enemy sniper that myself and skud were hiding from. Squad B tells squad A to take cover, E-sniper NW. Your squad continues to gripe about jeep. Sniper spots your squad and starts picking all 5 of you off as they were standing in the open jumping around blabbing to us about how u guys have some "right" to our jeep. Your HAT gets sniped, I pick it up and try keeping it alive for you AND I ask a member of squad A to trade me kits if you guys need it back. He ignores me and procedes to type more non-sense about our jeep while jumping around like a jackass. Then, as your squad respawns, squad leader B offers to drive your squad ANYWHERE on the map and return to DestroyerSkud with jeep and your squad again does not reply.

In the process of all this waste-of-time, enemy sniper calls in tank strike on our building as he watched 5 members of your squad jump around on the roof, wave from every window, and send every signal of US activity possibly imaginable to him aside from a giant strobe light that says "WAREHOUSE IS HERE, BLOW THIS BUILDING". Story ends with my building being destroyed, USA losing its AA and HAT overlook on south, and this HouseWare guy spitting 4-letter words to himself at an undisciplined squad that contributed 100% to getting him obliterated.

Next time try and see the big picture as there was a good reason for us being there. Just ask for a ride and I would hope any TG tagged member would help you out, I certainly would have. If you had read "anything" that I was typing to you guys, you would have seen me typing to take the HAT back and you would have seen me offer to drive you guys to another location.

Lets lock this stupid thread before someone gets banned for typing something nasty, this entire discussion is crap.
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

my rule of thumb is that if myself or one of my squadmates did not get the jeep from its spawn, then its not my jeep and i leave it the feck alone.

if i steal the jeep i better have a damn good reason (the enemy is overrunning a flag and we need to get there asap or we loose the whole map or something).

on alot of maps i will go for most the round (1+ hour) using the same vehicle, cause im not dumb with it, using it for reloads and cover when necesary. Parking the vehicle near your rallypoint is my way of saying "this is our jeep, its near our rally". so if we die, we can spawn close to the jeep and transport ourselves around if need be.

i absolutely hate it when people steal our squad vehicle and drive it straight towards the enemy, almost guaranteeing its destruction

Comment

Gahlas A sees no point in starting a thread to bicker about something that happened already in a public forum. If you have a problem, PM and admin or argue amongst yourselves with PMs.

Gahlas B hopes this thread is closed ASAP.

Comment

I think that either way it was squad b's hummer and if they were using it for ammo they should have said they were using it for ammo and im sure that squad a would have understood. But even though they were declined use of the hummer they still said ah w/e and took the vehicle which they shouldnt have. Yet the squadleard of A returned the vehicle but was they picked off by tanks and snipers
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Heres the bottom line as I see it from both testimonials:
                      -The Humvee is Irrelevant.
                      -Squad A's previous action is Irrelevant.
                      -Squad A's conduct is questionable
                      -Squad A needs to be more observant of the overall team picture and not self centered.

The last point is the most important and something that EVERYONE needs to take note of. Too many times when playing I see squads who hoard assets, steal vehicles, expose friendlies in cover, and other miscellaneous nonsense. This is a TEAM-BASED game on a server that REQUIRES teamwork. Note the word: TEAMWORK. Not "squadwork", teamwork. Your squad may have a job to do, you may consider that job supremely important, but that does not give you the right to trample on other members of your team because you have got your nose out of joint about something, or because you want a car, or because you want a kit, or ANY other reason. You are expected to communicate with your team and provide support. If you see people hiding in a building, dont draw attention to them. If you see a squad with a vehicle, dont run in and steal it. The game is larger than you and your squad, make sure we ALL remember that.

Comment

My client had crashed as OGT ended and I had to reload, coming into the game about 5 minutes after start, with both North and South Village being contested. Spawned at North to try to help there, died shortly after sending out squad invites to try to pull in my squad from the previous round. Respawned at South to contest there as people joined and egressed once we had taken North...that's why I didn't have a ride of my own.

I was previously vague because I wasn't trying to name names. I actually have a lot of respect for both Warehouse and SkudDestroyer and like squading with them. I had told all the riflemen in my squad to drop ammo and called for a supply drop behind the ridge. Next time I'll just ask to borrow it or for someone to drop us off.

I had seen the offer to drive us up there, but we had already moved out and half of my guys had already died, so I just told them to respawn at North Bunker and me and an engineer tried to move in on foot to take out the tanks.

As for whichever guy originally stole the Humvee...I have no clue, the squad had already loaded up and came for me and whoever was driving it had jumped in the back as soon as they came close to me. The main thing that irked me was the threat of jumping in TS to get me kicked.

*CO was in play at this point, but car drop was still a few minutes away*
                        Last edited by SeventhDayPariah; 09-01-2007, 02:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to add.

Comment

Alright guys, we have all seen some questionable stuff. But this is by far one of the dumbest arguements. What happened happened. No TG rules were violated on either side. Lets drop it ok. From now on lets just agree that if the humvee isnt yours, dont take it. Especially if another squad is around it.
                          Respect is earned.

|TG-6th|Alpha

Comment

Warehouse and I really dont care.

I only suggested that you take it up with an admin because it does no good to argue about such a miniscule incident. We really dont care.

No harm done man.
                            Skud

Comment

Its all situational!

This thread is closed because I don't want this getting out of hand and I really see it happening!

*Thread Closed*
                              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X